New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SAFE ice  (Read 1121 times)

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
SAFE ice
« on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Dudes and dudettes -

I'll play mommie here and just re-state (as I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere).........

We're all chompin at the bit here to get out on the ice.....PLEASE don't push it - it'll come. Too many good folks have met their maker pushing the limit. 

Patience, my friends, is a virtue.

Be safe, happy fishing!
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SAFE ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Its very important for us to remember this, I would hate for us to be without any of our members because they tried to fish on unsafe ice.

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2006, 11:12 PM »
I just posted the same thing!  hmm  guess I shoulda read this post earlier, eh?! 

can't get enough safety lingo out there.. 

maybe somebody should pop up some safety rules like - fish wiht a buddy on early (and late) ice, take safety rope, picks, jackets, etc..

my name is Earl..  I can feel it.

gair-z

Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline bigfish_1556

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Keep at that list, Earl :)  I (as well as anyone else) do not have direct proof of Karma (and am not an emphatically spiritual being), but have a buddy who's one of those genuine, do no evil, high on the "good Karma" list people, and he outfishes us 10 to 1 everytime, even without a vex or aqua-vu or other technological innovations.  Can't explain it, but there's something to be said for it......:)

Donate to the poor, feed the hungry, educate the ignorant (save a fellow icefisherman by preaching safe practices) and you're bound to get a bite at the end of your line.

Cheers,
bigfish_1556
"A man is only as big as that which makes him angry" -Adlai Stevenson

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2007, 09:35 PM »
If i drove by some local body of water and thought I saw ice I'd have to pinch myself to figure out if I was dreaming or not. No worries about stepping on thin ice here. There is none and had been none on the open lakes yet! I notice even non ice anglers are starting to realize it's unusually mild in the midwest and east this year. No measurable snow here yet either! Weird!  :o :o :o

A Chicago weatherman said 2006 is warmest year on record for Chicago for highest average temps, and winter is a new record too.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Just use your head that you were born with and be SAFE AND STAY ON TOP.

Offline perch eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:13 PM »
no fish is worth losing your life over.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.