Author Topic: Console for new Clam Nanook XL  (Read 1832 times)

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
Console for new Clam Nanook XL
« on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:34 PM »
I just purchased the new Clam Nanook XL thermal. I also bought the Clam console prior to getting advise from Clam support that it will not work well with the Nanook. Because there is no front slider mount for the seats, the console has to rest on the lip of the sled. This makes the back leg support a few inches too long and creates a severe forward tilt to the console.

Before, I return it I thought I’d ask if anyone has taken the console apart and shortened the back “leg” to make it sit level in a Nanook? I intend to use this as a large one man with only one seat, so the console would be handy.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Console for new Clam Nanook XL
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:30 PM »
with this years new Nanook XL I would put the Clam corner consoles in it in stead of the center console you bought. either tomorrow afternoon or early evening I could get pics of how I set up my new Nanook XL Thermal with the corner consoles and I can also get pics of how original non XL Nanook was set up. the new Nanook XL has a whole new different seat mounting system then the old Nanooks had. also as a side note if anyone is interested in it I am putting the old style Nanook up for sale. Just PM me if interested in the old style Nanook.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Console for new Clam Nanook XL
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Thanks for your advice. I decided to just put a shorter back leg on the larger console. Made it out of 1/2 in PVC and it works fine. I wanted the larger space and I did not want to permanently take up a corner of the sled. I’ll post some pictures when I can   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.