Author Topic: How to secure flip over  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
How to secure flip over
« on: Jan 16, 2019, 06:49 PM »
So I’m going to an ice fisheree a couple hours away in a few weeks. Getting a hotel. My clam thermal x doesn’t fit all way in the bed of my truck, 16 Silverado crew cab. Little worried about leaving tailgate down and sled sticking out overnight. I can throw rods, auger, etc in the cab so don’t have to worry about that. Just wondering if anyone has a way to secure it. Don’t wanna be up all night worrying someone will steal it. Thanks.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: How to secure flip over
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Bring it into the motel room.

Offline paguy15545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:07 PM »
take it in the hotel room

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:14 PM »
where's that remote paging tip off sensor

a long time ago I had an auto pager for the car.  then i got a truck.  I just pad lock and cable to the tie downs and tow hook loops.  put a big sticker NRA...

many times when I sleep in motel or hotel room, I'm out of the place at 3 am.  A few times I was asked if there was anything wrong.  Nope, it's just perfect.  I'm checking out now, because I'm going ice fishing.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Hawks222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Bring it into the motel room.

Guess I didn’t think of that. Figured I’d look like a fool carrying a giant flip over up to a room. Guess it’s better than getting stolen or worrying about it.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:37 PM »

Guess I didn’t think of that. Figured I’d look like a fool carrying a giant flip over up to a room. Guess it’s better than getting stolen or worrying about it.

Yep! Definitely bring it in the room.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:42 PM »

Better than looking like a fool trying to figure out where his stuff went. You could also ask the staff if they could hold on to it for you. We used to have a little spot to store things for guests, but it depends on the hotel.

Offline paguy15545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:47 PM »

bmx bikes, mtns bikes motorcycles, guns ,tools,dogs ive taken em all in the room for the night

Offline nadamamasboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:56 PM »
This is why I love motels, especially when I can park in front of my room. Hunting and firearms sticks are the finishing touch lol

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:02 PM »
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Chute82

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Locks are for honest people, if they want it they are going to cut the lock.  Bring it into the room

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Locks are for honest people, if they want it they are going to cut the lock.  Bring it into the room

X2

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:45 PM »
X3

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:49 PM »
You guys must empty your flipovers everytime you leave the ice.  Mine is full of stuff and the stuff stays in it even off the ice; Mr Buddy, 5# tank, anchors, scoops, shelf, rod holders.

I would have to empty mine out to fit it sideways in the door.  Not gonna happen. Not too easy to cut the heavy cables or trimac cable locks.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.