Author Topic: DeWalt vs Ridgid Octane  (Read 4587 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: DeWalt vs Ridgid Octane
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2019, 05:34 PM »
I did not get a 9ah battery for the dewalt.

Well son of a gun. I got another 15 today with the Ridgid.  Battery down to 30%.  That's 675" of ice with an 8" KDrill and it's still not done....

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2019, 09:15 AM »
I did not get a 9ah battery for the dewalt.

Well son of a gun. I got another 15 today with the Ridgid.  Battery down to 30%.  That's 675" of ice with an 8" KDrill and it's still not done....

If you get another 55% out of the 9 Ah/Ridgid vs. the 5 Ah Dewalt (my math based only on Ah difference) the expectation would be 697.5" of ice. Looks like you're almost there. Be interesting to see.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2019, 10:00 AM »
I enjoyed your video helps people see what the drills can do,, I think either drill would suffice for the normal ice guy,,,     but like he said for the price the average guy cant go wrong with the rigid   ,  but I was really looking at the dewalt and Milwaukee and now I know the dewalt can handle it just fine... thanks for the time and effort.   
youngster

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Already said it in the Ridgid thread, but great follow-up review DTro!!!  :thumbsup:  That definitely more closely resembles real-world usage IMO.  Thanks for going the extra mile and dedicating yourself for 4 days to get this done!

My Ridgid is going strong!  After cutting over 30 holes in 7-8" of ice Saturday, and about 10-12 today, I now have about 85 holes under my belt (20 in 5", the remainder in 7-8"), and my drill says it has 60% capacity remaining.  @) Very impressive.

I actually felt sorry for the guy that showed up on Saturday with an old 8" Jiffy, and took ~1:30 to cut holes...  (Yeah, really.  A minute and 30 seconds.  After his 3rd of 6 holes, we started timing him.  :'()
Tight lines!

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Thanks!

I just can't decide which one I'm going to keep...

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Thanks!

I just can't decide which one I'm going to keep...

Yep. If you had a 9 Ah on the yellow one it'd be pretty much a coin flip. Probably comes down to what feels best in your hands. LSA on the Ridgid is a bonus not to be overlooked. Thanks for doing the leg work  :thumbsup:  ;D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:48 AM »
Well, I've decided to keep the Ridgid. At the end of the day it was sort of a toss up, but the LSA and Home Depot deal was too good to pass up.

I sold the DeWalt kit for $200 and used those funds to buy another 9ah battery/charger and impact wrench for $199.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.