Author Topic: Electric augers  (Read 4682 times)

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Electric augers
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2019, 01:48 PM »
I’m a drill setup guy myself. But if I were to go dedicate electric auger, I’d go with strikemaster, they aren’t going to just disappear. Though the ion sounds like it’s going to stay, I’d sure hate to be in the same boat as the ice gator owners.
Ion is owned by Eskimo. They aren't going away.  I never heard of Trophystrike until a year ago. That's why I didn't even look at them when I bought an electric auger. I didn't want to take the risk that replacement blades might not be available when I need them.

Offline sincityrednek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I also got the 8" Ion X when they first released it. I had the ice up issue with the flighting but they replaced it immediately. I love this thing. Most of the guys i fish with tried mine then went and got one.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline woodruffhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2019, 11:42 AM »
I have been ice fishing for nearly 35 years.  The electric auger is one of the
best products to come out in this time.

I bought the Strikemaster 40 Volt with a 10" blade (after some research).  It has exceeded my expectation.

After seeing it drill against the Ion, I decided to go with it.

However, if I could change one thing on it, I would replace the plastic handle with steel...

It was worth every penny

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2019, 09:48 PM »
I purchased a Strikemaster 40v last year and I love it. Sold my Tanaka/Nils and I dont regret it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.