Author Topic: How to get MarCum LX6 to fit in 5 gallon bucket???  (Read 1991 times)

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
How to get MarCum LX6 to fit in 5 gallon bucket???
« on: Nov 13, 2018, 08:45 AM »
I have an Marcum LX6s with the standard shuttle (non-lithium shuttle).  Its base is too wide to fit in bucket when I try to insert it straight up and down.  What replacement shuttle or mods can I do to get this to fit?  I am not looking to spend $250 on a lithium shuttle, so that is not an option at the moment.

Thoughts?

d1

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: How to get MarCum LX6 to fit in 5 gallon bucket???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2018, 08:57 AM »
the marcum lx5 shuttle works and the marcum lithium shuttle works. the newer lx6s has the lx5 shuttle under them so it does fit 5 gal bucket. the only difference between the lx6 and l6s is the shuttle. so yours is pre lx6s version.

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:05 AM »
the marcum lx5 shuttle works and the marcum lithium shuttle works. the newer lx6s has the lx5 shuttle under them so it does fit 5 gal bucket. the only difference between the lx6 and l6s is the shuttle. so yours is pre lx6s version.

Thanks.  I must have a combination of LX-6s and old shuttle then.  That is unfortunate.  The decal on the Marcum shows LX6s, but clearly the shuttle is the old style.  I will see if I can find a good deal on an LX-5 shuttle.  Thanks again.

d1

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2018, 09:55 AM »
excuse me, i had to double check on it. marcum said the lx6s will not fit in a bucket. only the lithium shuttle does. i asked about sales on it and they said this:
I am sure there will be something at the st paul and blaine shows..but I don't know price.

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:01 AM »
excuse me, i had to double check on it. marcum said the lx6s will not fit in a bucket. only the lithium shuttle does. i asked about sales on it and they said this:
I am sure there will be something at the st paul and blaine shows..but I don't know price.

Oh, ok... thanks for the follow up and clarification.

d1

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Won’t fit into a 5 gallon bucket, but does fit in my 6 gallon bucket.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:27 PM »
I might be missing the point of this thread but my older 6 fits in a standard  HD bucket no problem.  Not with the bottom of the shuttle faced down though.   Tilt the screen so its near parallel with the floor of the shuttle and drop the whole thing in backside first.  The last few years I've gotten away from using buckets and have realized I'm better organized and efficient with milk crates but for a a couple of years I did it this way without any problem. 

Good reminder to recharge my old SLA batteries too...thank you.

CowDawg

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:00 PM »
If it helps any, I have the LX 5 and it fits perfectly into the square Kitty Litter buckets...  not sure of the LX 6's....

Offline Moosehaed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:24 AM »
I dont know why they went with a square base. Marcum says that it will fit in a 5 gal bucket sideways.

You can look for square buckets like cat litter or you can find a Vexilar mount like this https://www.amazon.com/Vexilar-PC-100-Pack-Carrying-Case/dp/B002ZA5MRO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.