Author Topic: This season my goal is to catch a....  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Tye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: This season my goal is to catch a....
« Reply #30 on: Oct 30, 2018, 04:34 PM »
14" Perch, 14" Crappie and a 12" Bluegill are my targets this winter.

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 31, 2018, 01:39 PM »
I'm looking for a 40" pike on a tip up.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Oct 31, 2018, 01:50 PM »
8lb+ brown trout (jigging)
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Lake Trout out of Lake Superior, and locate a decent Perch bite on my local lakes!

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 31, 2018, 03:48 PM »
I build myself a sturgeon ice rod and would like to hook up with one on it.  It is heavy with a light tip so I hope it won’t take an hour to get her in.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Ive never caught a walleye ice fishing. My goal is a walleye through the ice, jigging or tip-up, don't care which.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #36 on: Oct 31, 2018, 07:06 PM »
As always, 14"+ Crappie, 14"+ Perch, 10"+ Bluegill. The wall is still looking pretty bare...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 31, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Actually I want my wife to catch a big fish to add a winter pic to my signature.

As awesome as your signiture is, and makes me smile everytime i see it, none pf the pics include hardwater. Sounds like a good goal for you and her! Im rooting for you both on that one
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 31, 2018, 07:44 PM »
As awesome as your signature is, and makes me smile every time i see it, none of the pics include hard water. Sounds like a good goal for you and her! I'm rooting for you both on that one

Thanks, man!   @)

She gets on the ice some, and most often out fishes me, but just hasn't managed a large Winter fish yet.  Probably just the odds or law of averages.  We only get her on the ice once or twice most seasons, but there's almost never a boat trip without her.

She now has a new Striker suit and some new boots for this season.  Hopefully that will help her see more ice...
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Oct 31, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Thanks, man!   @)

We only get her on the ice once or twice most seasons, but there's almost never a boat trip without her.

She now has a new Striker suit and some new boots for this season.  Hopefully that will help her see more ice...

I got a big buddy heater to hopefully make it more appealing for the wife. A lot of the "extras" that i can go without sure do make it a better experience for the wife. There is always the double edge sword of getting to share more things with the wife and having things you  can spend all day doing and not have to worry about the wife or kids.  I hope it works out for the best for you.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #40 on: Oct 31, 2018, 11:06 PM »
Couple of limits on walleye on my upper red trip.

A limit or two of perch on my Waubay/bitter trips.

Any trophy sized fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.