Author Topic: Advice on a new thermal hub shelter  (Read 1076 times)

Offline endoguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Advice on a new thermal hub shelter
« on: Sep 28, 2018, 04:38 PM »
I'm looking at thermal hub shelters.  I want something that is roomy for 2 people and would like to know what size and brands folks are recommending.  I am looking at the Frabil Bro series right now -- I believe its 80"x80"x80" and fully insulated.  I want something durable and reliable.  what else should I be looking at?  thanks.  SD

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Advice on a new thermal hub shelter
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2018, 07:14 PM »
shappell wide house 6500 thermal

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Frabill full thermal bunker 250 best sturdy hub design on market I have the bunker 450  and it has these hubs same with the bro series from what I have read..

Eskimo 3i good thermal plenty of room for 3 if you ever have a guest.. hubs are based on old design..

Cabela's full thermal with sky lights? I like the sky light idea cause you could make a wood stove for it.  And run it stright up three the sky light with a tent boot for wood stoves..

Otter full thermal any of them for two men.. the smallest otter is small but heats with propane.. way better then a 80 x 80 x80 shack.. I think the smaller otter is 67x67 x 70?

Also the newer shappell 6500i is a good shack..

These are the best models that I suggest.. but just remember ask around more!!  I am sure there has been plenty of problems!! With each. cause I had tons of problems with my frabill 7013 fishauflage ambush outpost till they redsigned the hubs on the newer bunker series and bro series they were complete junk.. but if there nit nanagable problems then dont buy also ask about warranty I know frabill treated me great gave me a brand new hub shipped etc free of charge.. do all this for what ever you looking at most..  ask around about and keep this list handy!! Cause black Fridays coming up fast!!

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Not sure if you want a floor or not but Clam has rolled out new hubs with a floor option this year.  I don't have a Clam but do have a Polar Bird and can tell you that having the floor down makes a big difference in heat.  Creates a much more even temp in the shack when you have the floor down. On the flip side, the floor is heavy and makes you less likely to move.  Pros and cons depending on how you like to fish. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.