The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Upper/Lower Sunshine Reservoirs  (Read 715 times)

Offline herf69

• IceShanty Rookie
Upper/Lower Sunshine Reservoirs
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Good Morning
I was planning on doing an ice fishing trip to Upper/Lower Sunshine Reservoirs sometime this winter.  Will be driving up from the greater Denver area.  Just wondering when do these lakes typically freeze over and have safe ice.  Also, can anyone help with a general location one either one of the two lakes that they would recommend starting out at.
Thanks

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Upper/Lower Sunshine Reservoirs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 06:00 PM »
I  usually head up with the kids during Christmas break and have safe ice. Both reservoirs are good. Upper has cutthroat and sucker fish. And lower has cutthroat, tiger, Splake, lake trout, suckers and there may  be a few rainbows. A few years ago, upper was the better fishery but I think now lower has taken that position. On both lakes if you start out fishing by the dam, you can’t go wrong. I would start at about 20 feet of water and if you are not  getting a bite move shallower. Let me know when you are planning a trip and if I am in town I would be glad to help put you on some fish.

Offline herf69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Prospector - just wanted to say thanks.  This was exactly the type of help that I was looking for.  When I make the trip, I will let you know.  Thanks again

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Prospector - just wanted to say thanks.  This was exactly the type of help that I was looking for.  When I make the trip, I will let you know.  Thanks again
Have a great season and hope to see you up here soon!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.