Author Topic: Rooftop over the air antennas on metal roofs  (Read 813 times)

Offline rickwalley

• IceShanty Rookie
Rooftop over the air antennas on metal roofs
« on: Sep 27, 2018, 12:52 PM »
Hey everyone............

For those of you that have aluminum fish houses, what rooftop antennas have you chosen for getting free over the air channels? I have an all aluminum skid house that I chose, after a lot of research, to install a King Jack OA8500 model   https://kingconnect.com/product/king-jack-antenna .   I ended up getting most of the same channels I also get at my cabin that the shanty sits next to, but the antenna's included signal strength meter would indicate there was more signal strength still available.  I decided to send a note to King to ask if there was anything more I could do to help the antenna install, describing it was on a metal roof.  They said it doesn't work on a metal roof.  This caught me by major surprise, as nowhere in the owners/install manual or any of their marketing content do they help us know this important item.  I figured I'd ask all of you what you did?  Thanks for any feedback you can offer.  I do plan on responding to King's reply to me, but wanted to hear more from all of you first.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.