Author Topic: 6x10 trailer build HELP  (Read 1607 times)

Offline jmedy1

• IceShanty Rookie
6x10 trailer build HELP
« on: Sep 12, 2018, 04:24 PM »
preliminary plans are in the works for a  sleeper shanty build from a 6x10 utility trailer.

I'm located in Connecticut and have contacted a few fabrication shops in the mid-west who make crank down axle ice houses and I can't find any manufacturer that will sell and ship just the crank down axle assembly.  If anyone knows where I can allocate axles that would be ideal.

I do have the means to make my own crank down axle assembly but in order to do that I would need some pictures and measurements.  If anyone would be able to send me some detailed pictures with some measurements of springs, swing arms, pins, etc. I would be much obliged.

I also have some questions about weight/PSI.  Does anyone have some insight on any "rules of thumb" in terms of overall weight of a shanty or more importantly a ballpark PSI I should shoot for?

Any input or ideas are welcome,  I'm looking forward to getting started and documenting my progress here on iceshanty

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 6x10 trailer build HELP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Spend the extra money and buy a complete frame.  They have already perfected the correct geometry for everything to work correctly.
  I am a welder by trade and built my own frame and the geometry was off.    Did not roll up and down as freely as my buddies but it worked I guess.   Changed angles and shortened or lengthened as I saw fit but just was not as smooth.   

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2018, 06:13 PM »
You can check out combocamper.com.   They make drop down center sections for campers and trailers.  There are some good pictures and I think some measurements too.  May help, may not.

Offline XN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2018, 09:31 AM »
Give miltona blacksmith a call he will fix ya up.

http://www.miltonablacksmith.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.