Author Topic: Cant find a price on Nils 6 inch  (Read 776 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cant find a price on Nils 6 inch
« on: Aug 14, 2018, 06:45 PM »
Are they about 160 bucks for the 6 inch orange. Cant find them online yet thanks

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Cant find a price on Nils 6 inch
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2018, 07:04 PM »
check marine general they usually have nils stuff priced right.

http://www.marinegeneral.com/advancedsearch.asp?matchit=all&byTitle=1&byShort=1&byFull=1&submitSearchForm=Search&sf=ks&searchText=Nils

Just a heads up but if you are putting the nils on a clam plate, you don't need the orange one you can do the blue one.

Also If I can remember correctly the blue nils extention flighting & the  different heads will all fit on the nils augers. So if you get an orange auger with a black cutting head, the blue extention and the red cutting heads will fit on it.

In general the blue nils is a fairly tall auger on the clam plate and unless you get deep ice, or drill holes in a wheel house before u set it down you probly won't need the nils extension. On my 8in on the clam plate I have the flighted extension and can drill from a standing ice castle through about two feet of ice and my plate will just hit the shack floor. Works great for scouting before a guy drops the house down. Also an FYI if you get the adaptor to mount it on the clam plate you can put a strikemaster hand auger extention or a clam plate extension between it and the clam plate if u need an extension.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Here is the adaptor you need.

It bolts on to the plate. I used a pin so I can take off the power head easy.

Power point vs a regular head

Drill adaptor

Ext added

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Are they about 160 bucks for the 6 inch orange. Cant find them online yet thanks

The Nils Arctic Trekker in particular allows for not only hand and drill augering, but also length adjustments with both the 14" and 26" sections of flighting.  The Trekker package also includes the necessary drill adapter, while the drill adapter must be purchased separately for the standard Nils auger.  Consider that when comparing prices.  The Nils drill adapters for the standard auger and Trekker are not the same and can not be used interchangeably.

Also, as Agronomist pointed out, the standard Nils is a very tall auger.  I wouldn't even consider it unless you're six feet tall or more or routinely drilling through very thick ice.

All imho of course...

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:07 AM »
The orange nils can be used with a drill or you can hand drill

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:10 AM »
The orange nils can be used with a drill or you can hand drill

You're correct and I am mistaken!  I'll edit my post accordingly.  I never realized that there was a handle for that auger!

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Sorry wasn’t trying to put you on the spot I should have sent a pm I apologize
You do us a great service thanks

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Sorry wasn’t trying to put you on the spot I should have sent a pm I apologize

No apology necessary!  I appreciate the heads up!  Misinformation can spread like wildfire on forums like this unless it's nipped in the bud right away!  I'm glad you caught my error before too many people read it!

Mark ;)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2018, 09:56 PM »
The Nils Arctic Trekker in particular allows for not only hand and drill augering, but also length adjustments with both the 14" and 26" sections of flighting.  The Trekker package also includes the necessary drill adapter, while the drill adapter must be purchased separately for the standard Nils auger.  Consider that when comparing prices.  The Nils drill adapters for the standard auger and Trekker are not the same and can not be used interchangeably.

Also, as Agronomist pointed out, the standard Nils is a very tall auger.  I wouldn't even consider it unless you're six feet tall or more or routinely drilling through very thick ice.

All imho of course...

DN

I think MR pike is planning on putting whatever he gets on a clam plate. From previous post it sounds like he doesn't like much jarring of his wrist when drilling.

Lol you hit the 6ft tall part on the head. I'm 6 foot and the clam plate sits about chest high when u start to drill.....what is nice about it is you don't hVe to bend over much if any when drilling the holes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.