New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Possible data breach for IceShanty  (Read 980 times)

Offline jsmex

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm awaitin for a lunker!
Possible data breach for IceShanty
« on: Jul 19, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Hello All,
I received a phishing scam email 2 days ago that actually had my password for this site. This is the only site that I use that particular password for. That email says that they captured my key strokes and took over my computer from a remote desktop and accessed my camera and captured video of me "doing dirty things" and that they will send it out to all of my contacts unless I pay $1,900. etc, etc...obviously it's BS and I'm not really concerned since this is the only site that I use that password for...

Long story short, y'all might want to change passwords if you use this site's password for your personal emails, etc...also, if any Mods are available, please check into better security options, or scan or whatever. Thanks, JS

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Possible data breach for IceShanty
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:58 AM »
thanks for the heads up.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Possible data breach for IceShanty
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:40 AM »
so it sounds like you have a key logger installed (could be a browser plug-in) that you didn't ask for. you need to run some scans to clean your pc. my suggestions are both free ones and the best there is.
start with zone alarm free version and make sure to install the antivirus. it uses kaspersky.
then install spy bot search and destroy.
i install ccleaner (free version) on all my clients pc's also.

i'd highly recommend using a different browser until you resolve the issue. mozilla firefox is a great extra browser to use. not all websites are fully functional with all browsers. some times you need two or more. brave is another great choice. i use 4 in my phone and pc. tor browser is my favorite of them all. orfox is the mobile version of tor browser.

wasn't it you that had this happen last year?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.