Author Topic: What do you carry/ store your gear in?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
What do you carry/ store your gear in?
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Last season, I baught a Ready rig back pack.  It holds 5 polar style tip ups, lots of small boxes, two scoops, and a bunch of jigging rods.  I used to use a box and cooler on a sled but hated pulling it out on the ice.  I keep my bait (minnows) in a coleman cooler in my Otter sled.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: What do you carry/ store your gear in?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I use to have a pretty extensive camera assortment..so I bought one of these bags...I no longer have all the camera equipment but kept the bag because it is excellent for carrying gear. In my part of Ontario I can only use 2 line...So i carry 2 rods and 1 tip-up with this bag...For bigger/longer trips I have since bought a sled and also have the frabil bucket with carrying pouches

The bag holds a ton of tackle and your lunch very easily

Offline wisicefishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I just built a plywood box that holds all my rods, tip-ups, vex, aqua view and heater.  Along with all the other do-dads that go along.  I made it to fit on my wheeler, but it also fits nocely in the otter sled.  I'll post pics soon.

Offline fallsonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:50 PM »
I have a plastic gear box on a jet sled for when I'm fishing tip-ups.  Holds more tip-ups than I'm allowed to put out, bait bucket, catch bucket, as well as all my other gear.  Not too bad to pull.  When I'm primarily jigging, I just bought this carrier.    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=catfeatfish&id=0029910119090a&navCount=1&podId=0029910&parentId=cat601250&navAction=push&catalogCode=UF&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=
It hold three rods, a tip-up and some tackle  without a problem.
That link is a mile long, if it doesn't work, just go to cabelas.com select:   fishing / ice fishing / accessories    its toward the bottom of the page.  It's the Croxton Pond 4-Rod Ice Case .

Good luck!
        Steve  ><,))'>
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
Henry David Thoreau

Offline moosehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:40 PM »
If it's a quick trip, my ever faithful 5 gal. pickel bucket. I pick them up from Blimpies for .50
"I used to lose my temper in arguments, until someone told me, 'Cooler heads prevail.'
Thus began my collection in the basement freezer."

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teammittencopy-2.gif[/img ]

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Here it is.

The auger goes on top, so does the rod pail and the fish/Vexilar pail. Everything else does in the sled.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:34 PM »
a bucket

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:54 PM »
I have a sports bag I carry my tackle and plier etc. in and them I use the beckman rod cases for my rods. I am usually pulling a hut so I keep everything in my hut sleigh. When I am not using a hut I have shoulder straps for everything including one for the auger so I can just jump on my snowmobile and go.

Robin

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:18 PM »
First my tackle bag:

When its open and its trays:

And my rod bag-get those tackle pouches- great deal 3 for $1.50!:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.