Author Topic: Gulp minnow heads?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gulp minnow heads?
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:41 PM »
I have a bag of 3 inch gulp minnows, and was just wondering if anybody has cut off the heads from gulp minnows and tipped jigs with them to use on eyes.  Seems they would stay on a lot longer than a real head.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gulp minnow heads?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Ive personally never done it. But it does sound like a good idea!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:48 AM »
buy the minnow heads in a jar
EYECONICFISHING

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I already have the minnow bodies though, about a dozen of them, don't see any reason to buy the heads in the jar if all I need to do is pinch the heads off, like a real minnow.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Because the bodies are 12 for $6 and the heads are $6 for a whole jar of them. Plus the 3" minnows are darn good for walleye and should not be wasted  ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2012, 01:15 AM »
In the past I've used the tails of Gulp minnows to tip a jigging rap. More action and still carries the scent.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2012, 11:10 PM »
I've taken a razor blade and slized a minnow into perfect size tipping chunks. Fish never know the difference.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:29 PM »
ive had a few jars of minnow heads in my box for a while and I finally opened them and started using them.  I like that they are small and have the little danlges that you get from pinching off a minnow head.  Once you get past the fact that it is a guarantee that the juice will leak into your box, they are alright.  I still dont have the same confidence with them as a freshly pinched minnow head though.

Offline riot609

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never leave fish to find fish!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2013, 12:44 PM »
i started using gulp minnows year round over the last 2 -3 years @ first i really liked the idea of the jars as i could place the plastic back in it and use for another trip, but after one leaking all over my boat and another one leaking in the bottom on my ice sled, highly suggest getting yr self  better container that's leak proof.  this year i plan on using the minnows in the bag little more $ but i have also been told that the bagged plastics have a higher concentrate on sent inside and when cut the release of sent is higher. as for recharging just get a bottle of spray ;)
“You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.