Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263094 times)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey All, Good Day.

Ok... ok... lets see what you have been playing with as of late. Show us all what you have thought of and taken the time to buld.  What have you made with PVC Pipe ( of any size ). Whether it was a Frame for your sled or rod holders, T.V. holder,  Etc. Whether it was a new idea or a new spin on a older idea...

Have fun with it.. show us what you have made. Everything can be used by someone.. hey if it works for you... don't ever worry what it looks like ... LOL ...

Take Care, Be Safe.

AltaIce
     @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Can't believe no one has chimed in on this yet.  Nothing special, but heres mine

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
 Garmin Fishfinder and GPS Mount made from PVC pipe and PVC board

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey emtorn and DasRottweiler

Excellent!  Awesome start you two and unique builds.

Thanks for posting your Pictures.

AltaIce
   @)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rod holders, scoop holder and back auger mount on my glide lite. Painted black with rustoeum textured plastic paint.

J-

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garmin Fishfinder and GPS Mount made from PVC pipe and PVC board
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Ummm....I'd take one of those if you have an extra laying around......let me know how much it would cost to make.....

That is NICE!!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Rod holders, scoop holder and back auger mount on my glide lite. Painted black with rustoeum textured plastic paint.
J-

Hey " J "

How do you like that paint? I like how your Textured Plastic paint looks. I chose the same brand of plastic paint but I got it in the Gloss Black.  I always thought the textured paint would look better.... and it does. Looks like I might have to repaint this summer... LOL ....

Thanks for sharing your build.

AltaIce
      @)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict

Hey " J "

How do you like that paint? I like how your Textured Plastic paint looks. I chose the same brand of plastic paint but I got it in the Gloss Black.  I always thought the textured paint would look better.... and it does. Looks like I might have to repaint this summer... LOL ....

Thanks for sharing your build.

AltaIce
      @)

works and looks good.

J-

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well I have been out in the garage tinkering as part of my "Pack Lite" project. "Pack Lite"  has become a necessity with all the slush & snow this season, that and snowshoes. As part of the "project" , I have added a removable carrier to my one man shack for my power-auger and a hole-hoppin` bucket. Will post pics of this build also,as it utilizes PVC board as well. My Hole Hoppin` bucket is a modded 5 gallon RedSox bucket. I cut off the bottom portion of another bucket and slid it inside of the RedSox bucket to give me 4" of lift and storage space. Then I added the PVC rod holders to the rear of bucket(faces away from hole) and mounted a flashlite holder to the front of the bucket(faces holes) to charge glow jigs/lures. Also cut a keeper hole in front of bucket to keep the catch outta site-outta mind. When draggin out to my spots the bucket holds a short bait-bucket in the bottom with the Vex on top. Skimmer hangs to my rite for easy access as well. Seat swivels for a quick look-see of wasup. Now I pick up my Hole Hoppin` bucket and the Vex and it`s off to the next hole.
Mod on.........

Edited Feb 9th---
Added a Gulp Holder, to the rear of bucket using an old tape measure holder from a workbelt, Holds 2 jars snuggly. Also added a waxworm holder to side of bucket using an old snowboard leash clip and a boat keyfloat, clips on and off so you can put it in your pocket on cold days.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Forgot to add a pic of my tip down. All 1/2inch pvc pipe and fittings. Including the rod and paint cost was about 12bucks and an hour of work.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I had snagged that pic of your tipdown to copy, hope ya don`t mind. I will be making 2 of them as part of my "PackLite" plan. Are you happy with how it works for you? I figured it would be a good way to capitalize on a spot that was producing and also a way to possibly increase my catch when the bite is tough.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Here's a few of my PVC projects...
Rod holder

Tip-downs

Sled
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
I had snagged that pic of your tipdown to copy, hope ya don`t mind. I will be making 2 of them as part of my "PackLite" plan. Are you happy with how it works for you? I figured it would be a good way to capitalize on a spot that was producing and also a way to possibly increase my catch when the bite is tough.

nope no problem they work great.

J-

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Right on everyone. Thanks for showing us your PVC projects.

Hey DasRottweiler.. I love your " Light " set up.. I don't know what light means ... LOL ... I think I is a Hoarder... LOL

Great Holders and tip-downs Bart!  How is the sled doing?

jjc155 - Nice idea for a solid base and tip-down. I bet she is sturdy.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
JJC.... do you have so more pics from a different angle of the head of that tip-down please??

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
JJC.... do you have so more pics from a different angle of the head of that tip-down please??

Hows this?? ;D

J-

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Awsum Ty JJC!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ummm....I'd take one of those if you have an extra laying around......let me know how much it would cost to make.....

That is NICE!!
Thanks, didn`t take long to put it together. I have access to scraps of PVC board and use em during the summer for projects. Made sum nice speaker wall mounts and floor stands for my surround sound too.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Ok, who had a chance this summer to make anything ( Ice Fishing related) with PVC pipe this summer?

AltaIce
                @)

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"

Here's some mods i did to my sled last winter. The end rod holders can be at a slant as is or can be turned to be straight up. Such fun doing mods.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Here's some mods i did to my sled last winter. The end rod holders can be at a slant as is or can be turned to be straight up. Such fun doing mods.

Great build "rlvb"

Best part about building a rod holder version like yours is, that it keeps all your rods up right and allow's very easy access. Nothing gets tangled and it makes it easy to pre - rig up different rods with different lures or baits and then grab and do a fast quick change of a rod, fast and easy. Functionality , over fancy anytime. Builds what works for you and go for it.. and your right it is and can be fun.. easy to try something and then change it later.. Remember to build what ever works for one's own needs.

Thanks for sharing.. Have a Great Winter Season and the best of luck.

AltaIce
        @)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I want to play. I built this this fall for the Chickens to have fresh water that doesn't get dirty nor will it freeze.
I have a Pump inside the cooler and a Heater for cold nights.

The cooler holds 17.5 Gallons so I don't have to fill it often.

You said anything.
<===Lefty===

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
I want to play. I built this this fall for the Chickens to have fresh water that doesn't get dirty nor will it freeze.

You said anything.

Right on !!! " Lefty" .. Yes Sir, you are correct. I did say anything… And this is fine. ( Don't know what the mediator will think, but it is made of PVC pipe.)
 Thanks brother you just made my day.
   That is a very cool set up, for sure. Brings so many questions to my head.
   - Like how hard is it to train chickens to drink from the pipe area. and I suppose they just press there beaks against the metal    insert and they get drops of water?
   - What is the upper smaller diameter pvc pipe for and where does it go? I take it you don't have a direct line of a water supply to the hen house, hence the cooler full of water. If you did wrap it with a little foam for insulation, would it not keep the water cooler in the heat of summer, or that does not bother the chickens? ( warm water)
  - Must be a metal insert with a rubber around it so it will not drip or flow out ( empty )

Excellent. Thanks again " lefty2053 "
 I am beginning to think that there is so much we can make and have fun with this stuff called PVC .. LOL ..

AltaIce
       @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
AltaIce, you are PVC mods guru. You've seen mine, I still use the rod holder and tip-downs all the time.

Lefty, nice waterer setup. Lost my hens last winter to a mink, maybe this spring I'll get some new birds?
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
AltaIce, you are PVC mods guru. You've seen mine, I still use the rod holder and tip-downs all the time.

Lefty, nice waterer setup. Lost my hens last winter to a mink, maybe this spring I'll get some new birds?
(Image removed from quote.)

"BART !!!!"  How are Ya doing Bro. Long time, Eh.
  Hope you and yours have been doing well.   Ahhhhhhhh, thanks what you said. but I stand by what I said before… I always thought about working with PVC.. and put it off for so long, until I saw your sled and all of it's PVC. Your the ONE that gave me the idea that it could be done.. Thanks again.

I love your tips ups. But I have one question. Do they tip over at all. Was wondering if the bottom was big enough?

SEE "LEFTY"  It was just fine that you showed your PVC watering system. Your not the only one that has or have chickens.
 ( Sorry to hear about your chickens Bart) 
   Lefty, I am glad you showed your Idea. nothing wrong with that at all Sir, nothing at all. Great idea!

Take Care All. Once again, great to hear from you Bart.

AltaIce
         @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
AltaIce, You've seen mine, I still use the rod holder and tip-downs all the time.

" Bart"   I really like your idea for tip-downs. It has got me thinking. But I still have to clean up my work area in the basement … LOL Before I can play with the PVC ..  LOL

AltaIce
               @)

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
id get a .22 and shoot/trap that mink if fur prices are up!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Right on !!! " Lefty" .. Yes Sir, you are correct. I did say anything… And this is fine. ( Don't know what the mediator will think, but it is made of PVC pipe.)
 Thanks brother you just made my day.
   That is a very cool set up, for sure. Brings so many questions to my head.
   - Like how hard is it to train chickens to drink from the pipe area. and I suppose they just press there beaks against the metal    insert and they get drops of water?
   - What is the upper smaller diameter pvc pipe for and where does it go? I take it you don't have a direct line of a water supply to the hen house, hence the cooler full of water. If you did wrap it with a little foam for insulation, would it not keep the water cooler in the heat of summer, or that does not bother the chickens? ( warm water)
  - Must be a metal insert with a rubber around it so it will not drip or flow out ( empty )

Excellent. Thanks again " lefty2053 "
 I am beginning to think that there is so much we can make and have fun with this stuff called PVC .. LOL ..

AltaIce
       @)
Yes they just push up on the feeder and the water comes out. They were playing with the feeders before I had water in there so they taught themselves. The bottom pipe has water pumped into it from a Pond pump in the cooler. The return line drops the water back into the cooler. The feed line is 1.5" and the return is 3/4 "  The heater only comes on when it is below 32 and the pump will shut off if the water level gets to low. I found the idea on Youtube.
Here is that video.
<===Lefty===

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!

You said anything.

Nice setup for the chickens, but what about turkeys? Prolly won't work for ducks, plus the ducks waste ALOT of water if they don't drink out of the pond, 17.5 gallons would only last me a day with 14 ducks. I have a waterer with a float for summer, but I need a way to either give the ducks constant water or not waste water in the winter. Now you got me thinking.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"

You said anything.
That is a really neat set up , but how do the chickens even know it has water in it?Is the water constantly being pu mped and it is recirculating or what?Being in South Dakota it gets real cold and i don't believe i can do this in the winter but am going to have to do something like this in the warm season cause i'm so tired of cleaning out their waters cause there always full of dirt and straw.You definetly got the ball rolling here.Thanks.
born to fish---forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.