Author Topic: The Gills and crappies slammed today  (Read 1549 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Gills and crappies slammed today
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:04 PM »
My winter season not been that wonderful this year,although my son and I average 30 - 40 keeper each trip,yesterday late in the day the bite came to life.After a SLOOOW day we put 32 large bulls 8 1/2 - 10 plus inches with 4 crappie around 12 inches.Today the bite was steady to hot with 71 bulls and slabs on the ice at dark. Best baits,I fished a clean Ratso's all day,chartreuse was the ticket,my son used a white and black gill pill w/ waxy,bait did out fish plastic,but I never used it today,he spanked the old man again 44 to 27 but that's OK,we caught some good quality fish today,bulls where big, many in the 9 -9 1/2 range with many fish released over 8 inches.Crappies where decent 10- 11 but threw a lot of them back,this has been the first day above freezing in a long time so think it's the start of some better fishing.This was more like fishing,than work but still had to work them using the plastic.

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The Gills and crappies slammed today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:31 AM »
that doesnt sound slow to me I would be one happy camper if I could get your bad results everytime out.

congrats
dave

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Gills and crappies slammed today
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Any photos of the 10" + gills?  ::) Sounds like killer action!
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.