The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: youth trout postponed  (Read 601 times)

Offline icehippy

• Team IceShanty Regular
youth trout postponed
« on: Mar 19, 2014, 12:56 PM »
i just read on the fish comm. site that the youth trout will be postponed untill may 10. that stinks cause i just went to antietam and drilled some holes. i measured 8-8 1/2 in. on the back side. was hoping to fish on the ice up there. oh well it is what it is. good luck. later!  :tipup:

icewagon

Re: youth trout postponed
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Was that for all waters ?

Offline XhardwaterX

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: youth trout postponed
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Entire program for the state is one date now, May 10th, due to ice. There gonna close the lakes that are participating that day an only the kids can fish. Having it before season opener is way better in my eyes, makes it kinda special. They stock a few days before an nobody can fish then so it doesn't interfere with anybody else nor does the fish get picked over for days before the mentor day. I dunno what they plan on doing but I doubt there gonna stock it days before an not let people fish after the season has started an im sure it will ruffle a few feathers somewhere over them closing the lake for a day for the kids. Cant make everybody happy but I guess what else could they do with all the great ice this season haha. Plus it doesn't seem as special now, like just a normal trout day with the kids now haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.