Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632333 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14070 on: Dec 01, 2018, 10:36 PM »
Good evening,foggy start to the day which cleared up now raining. Got some Christmas shopping done today plenty of others out already shopping.
Mealworm good to see you posting the Adirondacks really saw a lot of snow from the recent storms. Hope the trip to VT. went well and new equipment helps make things easier for the wife and you.
Eddie always seems that way spend all day hunting or fishing and have little activity and then see numerous deer,turkey,etc. on your way home or find out the bite turned on a half hour after you left the lake. Guess some folks feel if the make a scene they will get attention. I sue Walmart has insurance to cover such events as carts damaging a car seen many arguments between managers and cart collectors over the years about not collecting more carts then they can safely handle the problem is when store get busy hard to keep up supply of empty shopping carts. Also think people feel it is alright to use profanity to express their feelings more so in today's society then in years past.
Wallyworld glad the trip to Ma. was problem free. How come only one hockey game figured at least two if not three. May you find a beautiful tree for your son's home.
Ice Wanderer enjoy the package from whopper Stopper .(how do the rest of us get on the list?) Sure you had a fun day with Mealworm's children.
Hunts2long deer seem to eat close to traffic on many major highways have to keep aware of their presence and watch how other drivers react to avoid an accident. May your wife have a good weekend.
Deerfishyfishy hope you saw some deer activity this morning. Sure you little one had a great time at the birthday party. How did your older child's field hockey game turn out  .
Capt.Jim may you not see any major flooding from this weekends rain know that is always a concern in your part of NJ. especially if peak of storm is during high tide.
I had to come back and modify this post realized I forgot to reply to Whopper Stopper. You are a very kind man between helping the person in need of firewood and now sharing your venison snack sticks with others. just kidding about sending all of us snack sticks.

A safe and good evening to everyone.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14071 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A wet day on tap today...windy, 33* and raining, high of 40 today with rain expected to fall all day.
  RIP George H.W. Bush.

Steve...agree, I'm certain this sort of thing with the shopping carts is not rare. Safe to say, I'm just glad I was cashing out and not driving that train of carts, or the guy trying to calm her down, or the manager!!  ;D.
  Capt.J...looks like that rain reached us! Glad the temps are above freezing, could have been a real mess!
  OS..thanks for the heads up on the Prius, best wishes to your daughter on her new apartment! That's a big step in their lives!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  DFF...how was the hunting for you yesterday? I had one small Doe come past me at full throttle, about 2 minutes later, a hunter came through. So much for getting to that new spot early, lol. Best of luck today if your hunting!  :thumbsup:
  H2...think you made a good decision taking that buck, especially with today's weather on the last day of the season in your zone! Gotta love those hunting stories, some have a gift telling them!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hope you had a great time with the grandchildren yesterday!  :thumbsup:    Wondering if you're getting snow or freezing rain up your way this am?
  Wally...glad to read you had safe travels, hope the hockey team scored a win! How was the Christmas tree hunting?   :thumbsup:

Well, I made it back to the area I wanted to hunt yesterday morning with about 45 minutes to spare before sunrise. There was some fresh snow, and a ton of tracks...only cut one set of hunters tracks that weren't fresh on my walk in.
That was encouraging being its State Land, and the amount of hunters there has really gone down.
  I traveled light knowing if I was lucky, it would be a very long drag out, nothing but my gun and a knife. I found a nice pine blowdown to get behind, overlooking the side of a hill leading to a swamp, wind was light but in my favor.
  Just before sunrise, I saw 3 deer making there way down into the swamp, pretty quickly. Couldn't tell what they were. A few minutes later, here comes another right towards me at full speed, just a small Doe. She wasn't wasting time, stopped once to look behind and ran past me about 20yds. away.
  I was thinking maybe coyotes on the prowl, or maybe a decent buck. Next thing I see is a blob of orange making his way down the hillside...just my luck, lol. At least he put a drive on for me, unknowingly.   ;D.   I was in full camo after I set up, but I always keep a safety vest on when going in and coming out. I put it on and he saw me, then he just back tracked over the hill again. Stayed put until 9, but I didn't see anything else, kind of discouraging, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Taking a pass today with the rain...Christmas tree from the Boy Scouts on today's planner.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14072 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 33* and it's doing nothing here on my hill, we had a dusting of snow earlier. ::)
                          Eddie.........It's to bad that it wasn't a buck, that would have pissed off the other hunter. :roflmao:
                          Steve.........I hear what you're saying about the carts. But I've seen some of these guys work and they move slower than the turtle in
                 a race with the hare. They don't have to move fast when moving the carts but going back out to get more they have the same pace. :blink:
                          Today my wife wants to go and get a tree, we usually go in to the woods to get one but this year she wants to go to a tree farm and get
                 one there. I guess. ???
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out in the woods or on water or ice!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14073 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:00 AM »
Morning all,

Raining the proverbial cats and dogs here this morning but at least it’s not snow or ice. Yesterday’s game was a loss 😞 2 more today so fingers crossed for a couple wins 😉 Hitting the road around noon so I can be home early evening, not a big fan of driving after dark if I don’t have to, especially with deer on the move.
Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14074 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:47 AM »
34 and rain here this morning. Those that are out hunting are going to earn a deer today. My nephew passed on 2 different 8 pointers the last two day. He said he is waiting for the big one. He is a lot like me, doesn't need the meat but likes to hunt as long as he has a tag in his pocket. Glad the season ends today, the deer are really moving out of the hills now. 

My daughter and her BF came up yesterday and cut down  4 white birch trees that were getting too close to the house when we got ice and snow. That will help me sleep better on some nights. The top of one would touch the bay window when loaded with ice and snow.

The wife was about the same last night. They put a new PICC line in so they don't have to stick her so often. Today they are doing a CAT scan, they do X-RAY everyday. She said she has been there long enough, she thinks she knows what the daily menu is before the food gets there. Last night was "turkey chili". The soups are very good.  She wants a Starbucks. Monday I will be talking to her Doctor to try to find out what is going on.

Everyone have a good day....Salt truck just went by the house....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14075 on: Dec 02, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Good Morning, All

Could get to 60* today here, heavy low clouds, misty with sprinkles, got the inch of rain last night, puddles & ponds in the back yard again >:(

H2L - Kind of a good report on your wife, best wishes & thoughts going her way

Mwrm - Welcome back, glad to hear everybody is doing well, stay in touch

Mason - Yes, if the rain was powder, I don't want to even guess at what it would have been like there, sorry to hear no deer, Winter Bow maybe?

Mrs. W.W. - Agreed with driving in daylight, and with wet roads to boot, safe driving

I.W. - Good Luck with the tree- don't strain the arm

Clean - Small puddles in the usual low spots, I think we beat this one

D.F.F. - Any luck in the woods?

O.S. - You lucked out, my work truck, the battery is tucked in so far away from access that you have to remove a floor panel to get at it, '08 Dodge Sprinter, Mercedes Chassis
     & engine, diesel to boot, will be a real joy when that happens

Pulled the flipover from it's hiding spot, didn't open it yet, want a sunny day for that, quick inspection of the outside did not show signs of rodent damage, good, the snow scow
     that I use for some trips just needs to be flipped over to get the leaves out of it, bucket with rescue throw ropes is in good shape, really just need the proper weather now,
     if it stays relatively warm like it has been, I'll be traveling for ice, wait & see

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #14076 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:30 PM »
Evening 945ers! Really nothing going on pretty lazy day. Kind if nice when it's cold rainy crapoy day. Wife and I took a ride to plow a driveway for a customer that has there house for sale and has a showing tmrw. For some reason her normal plow guy hadn't plowed either of last 2 storms. The trip to vt went well came home with an 18' landscape trailer. Lights need some help and it needs brakes other than that the thing is a sweet heart. Rhe thought process is to be able to get all 5 mowers we have on 1 trailer plus all our other equipment trimmers blowers etc. This way when we hit our big apartment complexes we can all work together and bang out those properties in 8hrs instead of a real long day or 2 days. Then rest of the week be able to divide into 2 3 person crews. Were really hoping to have all lawn maintenance cut down to 3 days to allow more time for the landscape/hardscape jobs tree jobs or excavating jobs and be able to keep up on firewood sales rest of the week.  Witch would mean wife and I would be able to finally have weekends off. Last summer absolutely killed us. We got a later start due to weather but once we started the flood gates opened.  wife and only took 4th of July and labor day off. We added 2 employees but still couldn't keep up. This year we're adding 2 more employees and really hoping this gives us some more time for ourselves and still allows us to grow our business. Hope everyone having a good weekend. Hope every one thats I'll is on the mend hope anyone traveling has safe travels.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14077 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Good evening rainy day ,weather guessers calling for fifties tomorrow then thirties and forties for daytime highs rest of this week.
Capt.Jim glad no major flooding in your area from the rain. Hopefully I can get over to friend's where my shelter is store and find it in good condition.
Mealworm may the trailer prove to be a good addition to your work equipment. Hope your plans for business come through and your wife and you are able to be free most weekends during the warmer months of the year. While it is nice to own your own business takes a lot of your time to keep it going and grow.
Hunts2long nice of your daughter and her boyfriend to take care of the trees. Sounds like your wife wants to come home glad the hospital has good quality food. Best to your nephew may he get a shot at the big one .
Wallyworld good thinking about trip home find myself driving more defensively at night. May your grandchildren's teams win their games and they  contribute to the wins.
Ice Wanderer may your wallet  not be to empty from the cost of Christmas tree . Nice to have trees on your property to cut probably better this year to only have to deal with standing up the tree and decorating it less taxing on your shoulder.
Eddie sorry you did not get a chance to pull the trigger. Glad you had a safety vest and other hunter spotted you  and also realized he would not get a quality shot at the doe. I though NY. required hunters to wear so many square inches of blaze orange while fire arm hunting big game.
Tom Turkey hope you and wife are well and only computer problems keeping you from posting.
IFF how is the wife's post surgery recovery doing all the best to her.
Old Goat not sure when you go for heart surgery may all go good and you have a quick recovery.
Deerefishyfishy did you oldest child's team win the game yesterday. Best to you on filling your remaining deer tags.
Hoserman may you get closer this week to first ice out there in the tip of Michigan's mitten.
OldSailor best wishes to your daughter as she enters a new phase of her life. May you receive few Dad I need your help now phone calls.
Fisherjohn how are you and Rocko holding up to deer processing demands.
Whopper Stopper did those pesky inter net gremlins keep you from posting today.

A good a pleasant night to all. Best to everyone hunting and fishing this week.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14078 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  36* and light winds at the moment, high of 43 today. Yesterday's rains knocked a lot of the snow down. Once off the mountain, there is barely a trace of any left.

Steve...I believe mandatory wearing of orange or another bright color only applies to hunters 14-15 years old and who they are hunting with in NY. It is suggested for hunters to wear it, but it is not mandatory...yet.
  MW...sounds like a solid buy on that trailer, hope it works out well for you! Your business is growing, that's fantastic! Best wishes with everything staying on that track, it's encouraging reading about small business success like yours, keep up the great work!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...one more week left for the regular season here in my zone, then the late black powder/archery season continues until Dec.19th. I didnt have a Doe permit this season, so it was buck only for me. My buddy signed his Doe tag over to me yesterday, so now I can legally take a Doe if I choose to this weekend. Hope work is going well for you also Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2...safe travels to the City today, hope your wife will be in the passenger seat on the drive back. Wishing her well and don't forget the Starbucks coffee!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had sage travels and the rains weren't so bad on your trip back. How were the hockey games?
  Jeff...I imagine if that was a buck that came by me, that hunter might have been a little pissed, lol. Maybe this weekend?   ;D

We picked up a Christmas tree yesterday. The Boy Scouts weren't selling in their regular spot however, it was the Kiwanis Club. We found a nice tree....Kind of in the Christmas spirit now.
  Time to get ready for 40 more hours...cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14079 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:04 AM »

It's 39* and foggy here on my hill, a high of 46* is forecast. ::)
                            Wally.........I hope ypu made it home safely, traveling in the dark does have it's surprises. I hope you didn't come across any. ???
                            Eddie........I hope the tree wasn't to costly. My wife and I didn't venture out yesterday, she didn't want to get wet! :whistle:
                            H2L..........I hope your trip to the city goes smoothly. :thumbsup:
                            Yesterday's Giant Bears game sure was a nail biter!
                            Not much going on today, maybe the tree? ???
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14080 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Morning all,

Made it home yesterday just before dark settled in  :thumbsup:  no surprises on the drive, very wet and foggy but no ice, snow or deer so I was happy  ;D  both hockey games were lost yesterday as well  :'(  my grandson was goalie for his game and did a great job but the other team was simply better  :-\ the two girls' teams just look like they really don't care if they win or not  ::)

H2L....hope MrsH2L continues to improve and gets back home soon  ;)

IW.....good luck on the tree search  :)  how's the shoulder  ???

Eddie.....nothing like the smell of pine to bring on the Christmas spirit  :clap: good luck for the rest of the deer season  ;)

CapJ.....sounds like you're pretty much set for  :icefish:  everything except for the ice  @)  thoughts and prayers to you and yours as Melisa's memorial gathering date approaches  :angel

MrC......hope you find your shelter in good condition, those nasty rodents can do a LOT of damage in a short period of time  :%$#!:

MW.....glad to hear the business is doing so well  :flex: :clap:  sure hope you can find the balance of work/free time soon, life's too short to not have time for the people/things that bring you pleasure  ;)2

WS.....had any time to do some ice recon yet  ???

IFF.....hope MrsIFF is doing well  :)  how are things at the job these days  ???

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14081 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:00 AM »
Good Morning. 37 degrees and cloudy.

When I said I would be talking to the Doctor, I met on the phone. Not going down until later in the week. They are doing a tissue sample this morning of her old lung. The new one is looking great. Most of the issues have been in her old one. She has been told it will take a couple of days to get the results back. Sorry for the confusion. I guess not having her here is starting to wear me down some.

We had to win 4 points to win the first half of the bowling season. We won 3. They had a sub for the wife that bowled very well the first game and we lost by 25 pins. We will win the second half. Wife informed the league that she will not be bowling the rest of the season. With the new PICC line it would be at least 4 to 6 weeks before she could bowl so why pay the fees.

Yesterday was the last day of deer season in the Northern Zone. Glad it is over as a lot of deer were being taken. It could have been much worse if not for the weather and the conditions. It makes it too easy for hunters that don't or won't put in there time. Just glad it is bucks only. The does are every where. "Scuffing" is back at my nephew's for the fourth year. She had a section of hair on her neck that looks like she has a mohawk hair cut. She has had twins 3 years in a row. She will come right up to you. I will get a picture of her. Over the years I have learned a lot by sitting and watching the deer and how they react to each other.

Have to call and get an appt. to get the dog groomed. Hope everyone has a good day....h2l

WW, glad you had a safe trip. Now get into the baking. I think the "not being able to bake" is worst for the wife, than being in the hospital...
Northville, NY

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14082 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Good morning all!!!!! 
Alot going on here and I havent been able to keep up with everyone's post so my apologies!
MC and all here is my update...
I have been beyond swamped this year! First 3 days of gun season yielded 60 being dropped off.. I Had to shut the shop down.. just had too many on hand.... by Friday after Thanksgiving we had cooler knocked down to 28 hanging so i opened back up friday.. by Saturday at 3 p.m.bi had to shut down again as they dumped 30 on me in about 24 hrs..
Had 30 hanging and Opened back up this past Friday and was able to maintain.. got 16 in and a bear this weekend.. I was able to get some serious stuff accomplished this weekend...
I think at Tue moment I have 21 hanging 1 deer and a bear on the floor..
Rocko.... he has gotten faster but he just doesnt put time in.. on his days off his regular job he still only gives me 4 hrs at best.. I put another guy on and trained him.. hes been there ALOT... so right now there are 3 of us cutting..  I have moved my oldest boy into the cutting shop and he now is in charge of making my smoke meat and doing the European mounts.. he really likes it when I pay him... lol
With the new smoker I've been able to "keep up" with smoke meat... only have 40 lbs or so in the freezer to make.. on vaca next week so I hope to really try and get alot done...
This weekend we cut 23 deer between the 3 of us.. I cut 14 of them the other 2 guys got the other 8.. whatever they do is less I have to do!!!!
NY rifle season ends this Sunday and then 9 days of muzzleloader/archery.. so.... Its ALMOST TIME TO GO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14083 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Good morning all,

Had a busy weekend so forgive me for not responding to everyone individually. Glad to hear that those under the weather in some form are doing well. Hope you all continue to mend.
WW, glad you had a nice time in MA and a safe trip home.
I sat until 11am on Saturday and didn't see anything so I got down and walked all over the top 1/3 of the hill that my family owns. I even went to the very top corner of the property that I haven't been to in several years as it's about a 1 mile walk uphill to get there. All I saw the whole time was 2 doe that I pushed out way up ahead of me. Never came close to having a shot at them. Last Monday, my uncle saw the big 10pt in his field after dark. Last Friday he saw it again but he was missing his left side (seems too early to shed it... more on that in a minute). Saturday afternoon when I was driving home past the farm, one of the neighbors stopped me and said that his son (who is a real @!&#$* and we only let hunt on the property out of respect for his father) had "shot the big one, but he was only a 5pt because he was missing one side". He also said that when his son shot it, the other side fell off also! At least the deer got most of the season to breed. Maybe I shouldn't think thisway, but I'm also kind of glad that one side of his rack was missing and the other fell off. At least the jerk didnt get him when he was still a wallhanger! This guy has trespassed on several people, he roadhunts from his truck, has been arrested for doing both a few times, and is just a general POS. The only good thing is that they will actually use all of the meat.

My daughters had a nice weekend. The birthday party that the little one went to was nice and she had fun. The older one ended up playing 2 indoor field hockey games on Saturday instead of 1. They didnt do very well in the first one and lost pretty bad, but figured it out and played awesome in the second one. They still lost by one or two but it was against the best team in the league so they were still pretty happy that they did not get blown out.
Eddie, I wish you were here in my area. I have 2 of my own doe tags left and my buddy signed over 2 of his. I used one of them but I would be happy to sign mine over because I won't fill all of them!
Mrs. DFF nicely informed me yesterday that I have a honey-do list that I've been neglecting so that's on the agenda today. Gotta get the rest of my little deer from last week cut up and in the freezer, get the Christmas lights up, take the trampoline down, and get some housework caught up on. I heard from a co-worker last night that I have Wednesday off so hopefully I'll be able to hunt then. Apparently, the Federal "work"force gets a day off whenever a former President dies  ??? :cookoo:. Sometimes I'm almost ashamed to work for them, but at least I actually work!
Hope everyone has a great day. Good luck and stay safe!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14084 on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:41 AM »
It has been a busy few days not gremlins that has kept me from posting.

I finally got caught up with things last night. The venison is in the freezer. It took me a few days to finally get the pontoon tarped. After shoveling the snow off the first try the floor of it was nothing but ice so it took a  long time to get the frame work for the tarp  put together for fear of falling. Then it rained off and on for a few days. The rain took the ice off the floor and got rid of most of the snow on the ground. I finally got the tarp on yesterday.

Deerfishy Our fire arms season ended the end of November. Muzzy starts pretty soon. We can not sign doe permits over to some one else. Orange is required for any one hunting with a firearm except turkey, waterfowl and preditor hunters. I can shoot a doe with my buck licence in the area that CWD has been found. I can use a centerfire during the muzzy season as well I am not mistaken.

Mealworm Hopefully you can get things arranged so you can have some family time. It is very important in life.

Fishin You are a glutton for punishment. Your reputation for doing a good job shows by the number of deer that you get brought in.

WW It is good to here the trip was unevent full. I need to round up some recipes of my mothers to send to you. I did find a copy of the article that was in the paper in AK years ago that had a few of her recipies in it. Pm me your address.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14085 on: Dec 03, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Good day ER's!!  Saturday my #2 daughter took her cat to her new apartment. Yesterday my wife asked if I'd like to go cat shopping for a shelter cat. Silly question! ;) We found a beautiful white male cat with green eyes. We're calling him Gandalf the White, from Lord of the Rings!!  ;)2 He was rescued from a kill shelter just in the nick of time!! He's part Maine Coon cat of which we've had several. He gets along with my #1 daughter's little white dog, but she's moving the 14th. The the cat will have the house to himself!! :)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14086 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 29* this am, temps. won't get much higher than that here today. It hit 51* yesterday down at the work place, even saw the sun again for a little while!

Steve...think I saw you out in the hall, Good Morning!   :thumbsup:
  OS..wtg on rescuing your new cat, that's awesome! Wishing you and your wife many years of happiness with Gandalf the White!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad you got the boat all squared away for the season. Do you plan on hunting the muzzy season?
  DFF...that's too bad that bandit got the buck, know the feeling. No shame in a paid day off, wish we had them, lol..best of luck with the hunting tomorrow!   :thumbsup:
  John...wow, you've been crazy busy!! Glad you've got your son involved and some more help to lighten the load.  :thumbsup:  What's the most deer you've processed in a season?
  H2..best wishes continue for your wife, hope everything went well for her yesterday. Best of luck on the 2nd half with the bowling.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you had a safe trip back and a good time with the grandchildren! Better luck next games to your grandchildren, can't win them all right? Believe playing better teams makes better players... :thumbsup:
  Jeff...we got soaked getting the tree, lol. The price was a flat $40 for any size, and they had some really nice trees. It was just my wife and I this time, so we weren't there long.... :clap:
  Marv...those gremlins haven't been bothering you again have they? Hope all is well Sir!   :thumbsup:

We poured another section of concrete yesterday and pulled down most of our big enclosure. They added on some more work yesterday, so we've still got time left outside yet.
  The tree lighting and opening of the skating rink were this past weekend down there. Big crowd I understand, the tree looks beautiful at 5am...snapped a few pictures yesterday.
  Going to be some complainers this am with the colder weather...concrete coming at 6!   ;D
  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14087 on: Dec 04, 2018, 03:45 AM »

It's 28* with a windchill of 22*, windy here as well on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie.........You and the crew might have some more days to pour concrete but blankets or an enclosure might be needed. :flex:
                           Wally.........My shoulder is about the same, tomorrow is the MRI. Lets see how long before I hear the results. ??? My wife and I
                  got our tree yesterday, we went to a local tree farm and cut our own. It looks real nice, it was $40 as well as Eddie's. :thumbsup:
                           OS............I think Gandalf the White is a great name, I bet he appreciates being rescued. :clap:
                           Tom..........You were cutting it close getting the toon covered up. :whistle:
                           H2L..........Prayers out to your wife on her recovery, I hope she can get home soon! :thumbsup:
                           Not much going on today, we have my grandson again today, so it must be Tuesday.
                           We've been watching a lot of the programs about George HW Bush's life, what an extraordinary man and family.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out hunting or fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14088 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:16 AM »
26* this morning and a few clouds.
Wife was still a little "foggy" and tired last night. It was a long day for her. She was to be the first and they didn't take in until almost noon. Got back to her room at 3:30. Now wait for results. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

Scout looks like a new dog. Even had Christmas ribbons on her ears. Going to drop my deer off to be cut up tonight.

Over the years I have seen a few deer without horns this early. Seen some where a horn or both came off while getting them out of the woods. 4/5 years ago a friend shot a very nice buck (8pt), as he walked up to it he said, "no way that was a doe". Both sides lay right where the deer dropped. My nephew found both sides of a 14pt buck about 10 feet apart some years ago. They were out in what we called the "Maze". It had been logged a few years before and like a jungle in there. It has now grown up.

Going to get some work done around the house today...Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14089 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Morning all,

OS......congrats on the new addition to your family  :thumbsup: :clap:  bet there's some serious cuddling going on  ;D

H2L....hope you took a picture of Scout to show MrsH2L how cute she looked  ;)  hope the test results don't take too long  :-\

IW.....fingers crossed the MRI goes well and the docs can find the problem quickly  :)

Eddie.....those couple of warmer days must have given the bosses hopes of sneaking in more outside work  :blink:   :woot:

Deere.....x2 on playing better teams makes better players  ;)  enjoy your surprise day off tomorrow, working in any level of government job does have some nice perks  ;)2

Fishin.....hope you can get caught up soon and have some time to relax  :o

TT.....glad you were finally able to get your pontoon covered and didn't get hurt in the process  :thumbsup:

Made a batch of chocolate chocolate mint chip cookies yesterday that get shipped to a young man in FL. He has some challenges both mentally and physically. His Dad was in the FD here before moving to FL and he just loved these cookies at the Christmas party.   

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14090 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Can’t believe it’s already December.

A few of the ponds around here have a skimming of ice on them. Hoping to be able to get out this year.

Have a court date next month so the end may be in site.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14091 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I just came back from checking out my favorite spearing lake. It always makes you feel uneasy when you get to the lake and don't see any tracks or activity. The lake is kind of off the beaten path and other years it has been pretty good. Last year as some may remember the water was very dirty and I gave up on it after the first day.

I hiked out with my spud, picks, and wearing my float suit. There is very little snow on the ice so I could see the weeds and cracks as I went. I was surprised to find 4"-5" in most spots with a couple areas a little less. I was able to get out to my regular area without any problem so tomorrow early I am going to give it a try.

I am off to get my stuff loaded and will check in tomorrow from the lake.

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon-evening. Stay safe!

WS

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14092 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Good luck tomorrow WS! Looking forward to your report :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14093 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Evening all. Colder today, cloudy and hardly any wind. Finished up with the holiday decorations. Took a ride to the lake just down the road from me that was half open two days ago, and to my surprise it is now skimmed over. As long as the cold holds out, it will be making ice. My fishing buddy is coming over Thursday and we will be fitting all our gear to his trailer to see what stays and what goes. When him and I go fishing we tend to over pack. :blink: :whistle:

WS good to hear your spearing lake has hardened up for ya. Be safe out there.

WW those cookies do look good.

Hears hoping everyone has a great night, and if in the am you head out for hard water, good luck and be safe.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14094 on: Dec 04, 2018, 09:32 PM »
Evening ER's

Steve, Mrs eye surgery is all said and done, picked up her new reading glasses.  She is now back to 20-20 much brighter, and small correction for the up close reading

Haven't heard any report on the lung scan so guess it was negative.

13* at work this morning and a brutal wind to boot.  So far in close the lakes haven't capped at all.  The higher lakes are getting all the attention.
Learned while I was off, I thought the 4 of the Gander guys were at the Longmont store only to find out they flew out to Huston a week ago Sunday, to work at the Springs TX store to get it ready to open.  Then back to the Golden store where I was off for 4 days.

So my store should be next in line to get back in operation, but don't really expect there will be any movement on it till the new year.

Not much to do today, the freight truck was scratched and nothing is expected to arrive until next Monday.

Marv, good luck on your spearing lake.

WW, my those baked goods sure look good.  Bet they will be much appreciated.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stay safe if poking around on the Ice.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14095 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Good evening ,sunny but cooler today high only in the low forties. Weather guessers calling for below average temperature for rest of the week.
Eddie may any remaining concrete pours go problem free. Thank you for the info. on Ny. hunting regulations.
Ice Wanderer may tomorrow's MRI give doctors answer to your shoulder pain and help them plot their plan of how to address your problem.
Wallyworld happy to read your trip home was uneventful. May things improve for your grandchildren and their teams. Hard to win any games if everyone on the team puts in less then their best effort. Very nice of you to send cookies to friend's son in Florida sure you will make the young man very happy once he receives the package.
Hunts2long best of luck to your bowling team the second half of the season. May the lung sample turn up something easily treated with medication.
Fishinjohn give you credit for all the work you do between two jobs. IF your son keeps working with you will have some good skills the could lead to a job as butcher or taxidermy doing European mounts.
Deerfishyfishy Best o your oldest daughter and her team with remaining games this season. Sorry the 10 point buck was shot by someone who does not respect hunting regulations. Think I would tell him he is no longer welcome to hunt your property no matter how good of a friend his dad is to your family.
Tom Turkey good to hear your pontoon boat is safely protect for the Winter.
OldSailor have fun with Gandalf the White think he will have run of your house in time. Curious if Gandalf has any hearing problems I know deafness is common among white cats. Best to your daughters with their new homes.
Icefisher-45 may things go good at your court date.
Whopper Stopper May a big pike swim under your spearing hole tomorrow and the new shelter pass it's first trip out on the ice.
Hoserman hope your ice fishing soon, smart idea to go over gear with your friend . I know all towel about bringing to much gear.
IFF that is great news about your wife.  :thumbsup: :clap:  I'm getting the feeling overall sales for Gander and Overtons are not at level projected when Camper's world bought them.

Have a good night.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14096 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  Clear and windy 17* on the Hill this am, high of 29 for today.

Marv...best of luck out there today!! Hope the new hub works out well for you and the pike are cruising, looking forward to your report Sir... :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks, looking forward to finishing up our outside work..getting closer!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...very good news on your wife!  :clap:   Shouldn't be too much longer before those lakes get a lid on them.
  Hoserman...glad you're seeing some ice! This years plan is to go as light as possible also.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...X2 on Steve's reply....wishing you the best of luck!
  Wally...I think you're absolutely right about the bosses decision making, it was about 50* out when they decided to go for more, lol. Another fine looking batch of cookies, I'm sure they will put a huge smile on that young mans face, great job!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...sounds like Scout is in the Christmas spirit! Hope you get some good news today on a release date for wife.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...we had to cover everything up good yesterday with the blankets, the concrete was super slow to set, just laid there with no heat for hours. Hope you had a great day with your grandson...bet he loved seeing that Christmas tree up!   :thumbsup:

No concrete today, just stripping forms and setting up for another area.  :thumbsup:
  Only 20 more days till Christmas... :woot:   I've got some shopping to do yet. There has been a lot of vendors setting up at the work place, will take a stroll through there today, always something interesting to be found. Believe there is a school group singing today, always nice to hear the young voices singing Christmas carols.
   Time to get the long johns ready...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/spearing/hunting!   ;D

Th

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14097 on: Dec 05, 2018, 03:59 AM »

It's 14* and clear here on my hill, I think yhe cold is here for a while. ::)
                               Steve.........I also hope the MRI shows something significant so the Dr. can come up with a plan! :blink:
                               Eddie.........I poured some piers for a cabin years back on Dec. 7th and it took a long time for the concrete to set. I had each pier covered
                      with blankets and the next day I thought it froze solid and not cured, but they did cure. :whistle:
                               Marv..........Good luck out on your spear lake, I hope you get a few nice ones. :thumbsup:
                               Bud...........I'm glad to hear your wife is doing better. :clap:
                               Wally.........You're killing me with those cookies, they look so good that I could drive out there for some. But with my diabetes I can't have
                     them. Well I can but I shouldn't. lol :roflmao:
                               I-45.........I'm with Eddie and Steve wishing you the best of luck. :thumbsup:
                               I have to get ready to leave I have to be at the hospital at 6:45.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14098 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Good morning to all!!!!
Yesterday I did not pick up a knife.. Had 2 cutters working.. I was able to finish up some smoke meat, jerky, and some famous cpo sausage(cheese peppers and onions). They got 5 cut between the two of them and we were cleaned up by 930. That's a win in my book!!!!!
My oldest continues to push out the euros so I'm really excited he has stepped up on those(hes making himself some good keesh) for a 14 year old..
Last year was my record year processing 175 deer and 1 bear..
This year not sure on the numbers HOWEVER I do know FOR SURE this year has topped last years numbers without a question... We have the balance of the week and then 9 days of inline muzzleloader season.. Looking at the weather I'm guessing that the muzzleloader season SHOULD be decent as it doesnt appear we will have too much snow to get around in the woods... Im thinking we will hit the 225 mark this year

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14099 on: Dec 05, 2018, 06:20 AM »
16 this morning.
Haven't spoke to the wife yet this morning. Last night she was doing pretty good. She had a visitor yesterday. A women who lives in NYC that had had lungs transplanted after 911. She was in one of the towers. Wife met her on a on-line support group and then we met her at hospital Christmas party after wife had her transplant. She brought the wife a bag of M&M's. She is trying to make them last a couple days, won't happen.

My brother and I dropped my deer off to be cut up last night. They had a couple of bucks hanging. One a pretty good 11 point.
Not much planned. Will watch Pres. Bush's service.

Have a good day....h2l

I wanted to add. With all the rain this fall the lake is about 7 feet above normal. It is at level we see in late July. If a freezes soon and then drops, the shorelines will be a mess and I don't want to think about the pressure ridges.
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.