New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lime lake  (Read 2418 times)

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
lime lake
« on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Anyone been keepin a eye on the ice forming on lime?Cant wait to get out there again we did great on that lake last year.Best ice fishing i ever experienced and the spring time calicos are un believable.I finally bought a digital cameras so ill take pics this year!!!!! show you guys so slabs to die for.And the non stop bluegill action.We caught 140 fish in one day there.60 calicos and80 gills.Now thats a good days fishin and a long day filleting!

dwayne

Re: lime lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005, 11:23 AM »
well with the temps we've had recently, I don't think anyone in NYS has been keeping an eye on ice formations, especially in your part of the state.

Offline Zgills08

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:57 PM »
That small bay off RT 16 was frozen over on Sunday. 

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:09 PM »
beware of what the bay looks like, lime has springs that make the ice formation there kinda funny.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Arch
Couldn't agree more. Just incase people aren't to familiar with that lake it has many spring which make the ice anywhere out there very punky. I have seen it where there is 12" one spot and ten feet away someone fell through. One lake to wait for mid winter to hit in my opionion. Or for sure go there with a friend and long rope and other safety equipment.
Cold Feet

Offline hunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2005, 08:48 PM »
I live across from case lake and drive by Lime each day. They are all wide open!. It won't be long before they freeze, can you say lake effect!!! :D

hali-man

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Unfortunately lake effect snow does not help with our ice woes.  >:(

Offline hunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Very true but it sure looks nice
 ;)

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2005, 07:38 AM »
i know what you are saying about the ice formation on that lake when we were there last winter everything else was frozen solid and lime only had 3 inches of white ice and about 6 inches of slush ice kinda made me leary but we did ok.the fishing there is unbelievable.maybe ill see you guys out there this year!!!!!

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Do you guys get into the fish on Lime lake?  I have been thinking about trying it out for the past 4 years now but i always end up on either Silver or honeyo.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:27 PM »
fingincrazy get into them oh my kill them at least that my experience ill let you know when the ice is good give me your # and ill show ya where there at.But like always its a secret if i show ya cause if you get to much pressure it will suck pm me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.