New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Walked on the Ice today  (Read 2502 times)

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
Walked on the Ice today
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 07:13 PM »
 I had some time to kill so I drove to Allen lake[allagany county]and it was froze over, I walked out about 15' jumped up and down with no cracking but I did manage to stomp my heal thru.
  Not safe enough to fish but did get the hopes up. :thumbsup: :clap:
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

hali-man

Re: Walked on the Ice today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Not safe enough to fish but did get the hopes up. :thumbsup: :clap:

Unfortunately it probably melted overnight... :'(

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2005, 09:18 AM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Soon, very soon, though you would be spending some time in the woods and not testing the ponds yet??
any luck in the woods scott??
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline LoaderGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Boats Afloat , Shores Ashore
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:55 PM »
He He He He  He  He  He  (Sorry, I was just laughing at Caroga Kid's post)
GET JIGGIE WITH IT !

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2005, 01:22 PM »
hey wizard, try that tonight ;D ill bet an elk steak you cant get 15' out now  ;)
it should be skimmed back over this weekend though and heck if it get real cold alma should be fishable by next weekend :tipup:

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:16 PM »
hey wizard, try that tonight ;D ill bet an elk steak you cant get 15' out now  ;)
it should be skimmed back over this weekend though and heck if it get real cold alma should be fishable by next weekend :tipup:
No bet on the ice walk :D  but you might be right about Alma :thumbsup:!
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline susquayugafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:32 PM »
After all this&*#@&^% rain, the Susky River won't be frozen for quite awhile. Guess I better get the boat out and join Sluggo on the water.
andy

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Wizard,       I saw a pond frose over in my neck of the woods the other day and it made me smile  ;D and say close to that time BUT NOT YET!!!!! :whistle: hehehe BE PATIENT it is comeing>>BE SAFE! BE SMART! Dont jump on it, bring a spud bar /or a bar of soap.   >lol :flex:          just my 2 cents                                                                   Im ready too!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            The "FishinFoool" :tipup:                                                                                                           
   <*{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{<

steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Well I know the lake and where I was only had knee deep water under me, I was hunting and had no spud bar just an idea. :D :tipup:

Offline applejacks

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:28 PM »
No ice up here on the north end of Champlain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.