New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: WAKE UP NY.  (Read 5534 times)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WAKE UP NY.
« on: Nov 26, 2005, 12:05 PM »
whats up everyone, time to leave MFF behind and get going on the ice, anyone around the state have any good news about the ice report? i see youngster has already posted about case lake (crazy, crazy, crazy) and i seen some pics of got ems local ponds that are starting to freeze and the general chit chat is all jammed up with posts so i know your all on here. WAKE UP lets hear whats going on in your neck of the state. :tipup:

camo_fish

Re: WAKE UP NY.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Let me about it, if toga goes, it would be great.  :-\ But, I just started painting the living room, got to get'er done next week, so I can hit the ice. 2 weeks before Christmas, wow, unheard of.  ;D
Any one on the Adirondack ponds/lakes?
 :bow: hope it stays cold for next week  :thumbsup: only pray and hope.  :woot:

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:46 PM »
well over here in WNY the rain was taken out of the forecast for sun. and mon. and the temps were lowered a little, still above freezing though, and the cool down is gonna come tues. night instead of wed. night ;D but still gonna be in the mid to upper 50's mon. and tues. :'(

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:19 PM »
I'm going to be fishing on the ice either tomarrow or Monday, depending on what time I get back to school!!!  ;D

-Zach

camo_fish

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I'm going to be fishing on the ice either tomarrow or Monday, depending on what time I get back to school!!!  ;D

-Zach
let us know how you did, good luck, and stay on top!  ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:03 PM »

-Zach

Zach, unless you know of guys already on the ice, be careful.  I went swimming up in your neck of the woods last year in late december, and it had been quite a bit colder then this. 

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:10 PM »
Lance,
I know people up there, and they're saying that the ice will be good to go for sure. I remember when you went in, because I went to the Ice Fishing Weekend at BPS with Tim and George, and Tim was telling me all about that ordeal. There is 4" on the place I'm going, so I should be safe. I won't be by myself either. I have good judgement: if I don't feel safe, I'm leaving.

-Zach

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I hope ya catch a bunch of fish ;D

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Thanks!  :) ;) I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics!  ;D

-Zach

camo_fish

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2005, 08:42 PM »
Thanks!  :) ;) I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics!  ;D

-Zach
yea, your making us all jealous,  ;D can't wait to see some locate ice fishing pictures.  ;D
Stay on Top!

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2005, 08:48 PM »
About 1/2-to 3/4 inch on East Caroga.. Was walkin around in the shallows today for awhile.. What a great feeling to be on hardwater again.. It won't be long till it's fishable... :clap:

camo_fish

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2005, 09:37 PM »
About 1/2-to 3/4 inch on East Caroga.. Was walkin around in the shallows today for awhile.. What a great feeling to be on hardwater again.. It won't be long till it's fishable... :clap:
Caroga Kid, when you and coldbum, get out on there, let me know, looking to try my hand at some splake this year. Can't wait  8)

Offline ajwiez2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bullgills
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2005, 10:34 PM »
my pond in the back yard is froze over and I told the other half just today that I was going to go cut a hole in it and go fishing for the 4# catfish that I have in there .  She laughed but I was serious and I told her we would have it for supper .  We had pork for supper  she sure can ruin my fun .
grab the gaff

Offline butter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2005, 08:03 AM »
whats up everyone, time to leave MFF behind and get going on the ice, anyone around the state have any good news about the ice report? i see youngster has already posted about case lake (crazy, crazy, crazy) and i seen some pics of got ems local ponds that are starting to freeze and the general chit chat is all jammed up with posts so i know your all on here. WAKE UP lets hear whats going on in your neck of the state. :tipup:
my son and myself have been hitting big perch in fairhaven the last two weeks. cannot wait for ice we both are getting the itch.
 :tipup:

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2005, 09:46 AM »
All of the Ponds (LONG, BUCK, Cranberry, and Round) in Greece along with Braddocks have skim ice on them.  After Monday they should be open again.

hali-man

« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Braddock's is well on it's way to freezing solid, but will probably thaw again...
We went ice fishing this morning in a very non-traditional way!
For some odd reason Robby didn't want to go out there and drill holes.
 :o

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:10 PM »
I was up in Indian Lake this past wknd so 2 guys out on Lake Abanakee fishing for perch and pike it was in one of the shallow coves off of Rt.28. I'm sure shallow lakes are froze. Let's "Keep It Hard Boys"
Mr.Esox

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:44 PM »
I took today off from deer hunting and went steelhead fishing.  I had to break 1" of shore ice to get to open water on 18 mile creek (erie).  Unfortunately with nthe warm weather and rain for this week ice should go away.
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2005, 02:37 PM »
man i wish i took off deer hunting to go out for steelies :'( decided to bring the shotgun because i was gonna be in the brush and my buddy decides he wants to go to his buddies farm, i had plenty of shots at deer 200 yrds out, but the .06 was at home :'( then when we went to leave to go up the road we got stuck in a ditch driving a chevy 2500 desiel 4x4 so you know if we were stuck we were stuck good. it took 2 trucks to pull us out, one hooked to the back of us to pull the back end out and one in the front to pull the front end out, i thought the one pulling from the back was gonna smack our truck because we didnt have a long enough chain to keep him in front of us so the 2 trucks were side by side, anyway about an hour later we got unstuck and just gave up and came home >:(

hali-man

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Has everyone seen the chatter up in the Canadian boards?
For some reason they think they're going to clean up in this year's IS tourney.
I think we should prove them wrong...  :flex:

Wake Up!

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Let um talk.... eh ;)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Hali-Man, I like ny's dark horse approach. It would be great to see both grump and terrygonefishing have to shave their heads. ;D

hali-man

« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2005, 06:09 PM »
It would be great to see both grump and terrygonefishing have to shave their heads. ;D

Don't forget Dirk's bet.  :o

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2005, 06:30 PM »
i missed or forgot about something?

whats with the bets?

hali-man

« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Look in the Manitoba, BC, and Ontario threads.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2005, 11:26 PM »
My pool is frozen, but I never got the pike stocked in it this fall.
Sorry Oak!
It sure would have been convienient.
Especially with the heated garage 25 feet away and the gas grill under the porch roof.
Coulda been a party today.
Again, sorry.

Mac
get out the auger, drill a hole and start stocking that thing... what the heck we waiting for?
the grill going in the garage, couple few wobbly pops while sitting in the adirindack chairs watching tip ups in the pool...lol
now that sounds like good fun... lmao  :whistle:

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Braddock's is well on it's way to freezing solid, but will probably thaw again...
We went ice fishing this morning in a very non-traditional way!
For some odd reason Robby didn't want to go out there and drill holes.
 :o
i had the damn hand auger in the truck too... we gotta teach him that its the new guys responsibility to check ice conditions, get the gear out there for us and drill the holes... no matter how thin the ice shall be!...lol  :whistle: :blink:

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Caroga Kid, when you and coldbum, get out on there, let me know, looking to try my hand at some splake this year. Can't wait  8)
We'll Deffinately give ya a shout when she's fishable... I just hope we get some more cold weather.. I'm startin to get cabin fever.. :'(

hali-man

« Reply #28 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:52 PM »
You guys up north must be close to ice!

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Sucks don't it. But at least I got some meat for the ice ;D.
Robb :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.