The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Summer vacation spot  (Read 642 times)

Offline W8NonICE

• IceShanty Rookie
Summer vacation spot
« on: Jan 05, 2022, 08:16 PM »
Family is trying to get together this summer and figured I’d see if anyone has a good spot in South Dakota to recommend. 10 adults, and 8 kids, trying to find a big house or somethin or a place with several cabins. Wed like to be on a lake to enjoy that as well. Open to South Dakota, or Minnesota, trying to save on travel and time off for everyone. Thanks for the input, wish I had some hard water to talk about but between work and having a daughter I haven’t even got out!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
Re: Summer vacation spot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2022, 08:28 PM »
 :) You might get on the puter and check around the Waubay and Webster area. Those lakes normally fish well in late May through June if the temps don't go crazy.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2022, 11:47 PM »
I also check around Lake Oahe. I’ve stayed at Whitlock Bay and rented there cabins. Older but good quality great food on sight good fishing 5 minutes from the water.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Eyeowa27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2022, 12:14 AM »
Lewis and Clarke Lake, near Yankton, SD could be worth checking out.

Offline Wyowalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2022, 03:31 PM »
Nebraska has a state park on Lewis and Clark with cabins right on the water as well as a campground.  Ponca State Park, in northeast Nebraska, is right on the Missouri River.  The cabins are great, with fireplaces and 4 bedrooms.  Our family,  from Wyoming, Minnesota, and Missouri, has met there several times and had great fun.  There have a boat landing on the river. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.