The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Crappie in Boysen  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Keiz2

• IceShanty Rookie
Crappie in Boysen
« on: Dec 28, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Where do you usually ice fish crappies in Boysen? I know Poison Bay is good, but isn't there somewhere where it isn't as crowded? (I've never caught a crappie by the way.)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Crappie in Boysen
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Been trying to find them myself through the ice. Found them off the boat in several places but not sure where they move during the ice months. Some people say they find them in muddy at times and around fremont heard a few out of cottonwood and even some down by the dam up to the marina but they usually catch one and then not another one.  Good luck hope you find some I will try again this year and see how it goes.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2021, 10:51 AM »
I’ve caught exactly 1 in muddy creek bay. I then drilled a bunch of holes and spooked them to god knows where. Poison seems to be the most reliable place but I can’t help but think they’re in the basins of all these bays roaming around.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2021, 11:46 AM »
I've never spent any time targeting crappie on Boysen. That being said last summer while pre-fishing for a walleye derby I marked a ton of old cotton woods out in the main lake river channel. My brain says that where the schools are. When we would go over the trees there was a ton of life around them.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:22 PM »
I've never spent any time targeting crappie on Boysen. That being said last summer while pre-fishing for a walleye derby I marked a ton of old cotton woods out in the main lake river channel. My brain says that where the schools are. When we would go over the trees there was a ton of life around them.

Any GPS coords? ;D ;D ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:39 PM »
The trees are marked on the main map for boysen I have tried fishing over them in the winter with no luck a few spots around there have caught fish just nothing out of the trees for me. I believe they are in a out 60 foot of water this year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.