The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: State Park passes/ ATV for next year  (Read 8682 times)

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: State Park passes/ ATV for next year
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:28 PM »
It’s not worth arguing over.  I tried years ago while night fishing. Got showed the same rules. Stupid if your just fishing. Not worth the citation.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2021, 07:18 AM »
Yeah i usually do not argue with the park rangers just hate to see so eine with a little authority take and make their own rules at times. I usually just go straight to the supervisor if the ranger or anyone are out there just to prove a point and being a jerk. We all do jobs and need to do our jobs right and we all have customers that we should be nice and helpful to until they decide to be jerks, I know some are that way instantly with rangers and such, but we all need to just do our part to keep things clean and al for others to use. Sorry off to the side on this one. Did find later in the rules that any vehicle parked after 10 or before 6 needs to have the camping permit.

Offline ND_Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2021, 09:58 AM »
What atv pass do I need to fish on boysen? Is it state park specific?

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2021, 10:06 AM »
ND if you haul the atv into the park then no passes are needed, if your driving the atv in and out of the park then they need the park entry sticker.

Offline ND_Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2021, 01:47 PM »
ND if you haul the atv into the park then no passes are needed, if your driving the atv in and out of the park then they need the park entry sticker.

Nice thanks. Crazy how many rules Boysen has and how much they charge just to ice fish! Never heard of putting my names on my lines and not being able to sleep with lines in the water.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2021, 07:39 PM »
It is quite ridiculous. It’s fishing and we bought the proper things to access the lake. It sure should be a lot more simple! I have a problem when people who are trying to obey the rules and do everything right still get tickets and get the runaround for these piddly stupid things.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2021, 08:35 PM »
Sorry to be negative but it is a scam by the state parks to not have the annual camping and entrance out to venders for sale.  They get to now get $17 a day for camping and entrance  till they get them out and then get full price when they are in the stores.  Also you can only buy the second passes at stores for your other vehicles. So if have an atv,or utv without a license plate you can not by on line and you can not get one at the stores.  I got to see a memo at fast lane of the stat parks that stated the pass are not going to be out for a while????   
olefish

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:22 AM »
That stinks since you got your new toy. I know my stickers are still good for the month of January but if I had a new vehicle and needed one this is kind of crappy for that. Guess we will see how it all plays out still with that the parks would not let the 3rd party collect the fees for the reservation of a camping spot if they collected these as well as the use fees then they would not have had to increase the fees this year, and I do not like the reservation bull that goes on between May and October either. Just since they are pushing it they should get most the fee to help the parks out and all of us as well. Will see if this makes some people not go to the parks anymore.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:00 PM »
Ordered mine on December 22nd.  Just got them today.
Don

Offline ten bears

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:16 PM »
Any idea when state will release new passes for park every store I go says idk??? Don’t want to buy something over the inter web from camping America kinda bs if you ask me all these price hikes does the money really go back to the state parks maybe the least they could do is put up some pay boxes at “ALL” entrances into state parks especially if ole ranger rick drives in there every day to check!!! Just saying was told by state lady they’ll honor last year pass until this years become available in stores

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:44 PM »
I ordered my annual pass directly through a phone number at https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/. I placed the order on December 29 and I received it in the mail on December 31, so very quick service. The woman on the phone was very nice to deal with.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2021, 11:23 AM »
TTT

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Yep getting that time, guess the 15th of December we can now get the next years tags so not a lot of grace period anymore.

Going over and getting my Game and fish tags for next year hopefully today so I can have my seining tag and all.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2021, 03:55 PM »
Looks like they are having problems getting the system up and working and stickers out to vendors heard they are going 100 percent computer based in a couple months hopefully you will be able to get the Second vehicle stickers as well might have to make a trip over to the office at boysen this next week or give them a call and see what is going on with it all.

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 24, 2021, 09:45 PM »
Bought mine online on the 16 because you couldn't get one at head office here in Cheyenne and still haven't seen them in the mail.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 25, 2021, 07:31 PM »
Man that stinks about the new passes not showing up, want to get my main passes and the second vehicle ones and just do not want to pay full price, all the passes I buy each year is expensive enough at one go, but it does save me money in the long run.

Offline eve21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 29, 2021, 12:37 PM »
Print your receipt and put it on your dash until the sticker shows up.
-Tight Lines
-If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 29, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Talked to boysen head and said that they are working on getting the second vehicle and all up as well on the website and that 2021 stickers are good until the end of January

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:11 PM »
I called the office in Cheyenne and they confirmed that permits that normally expire December 31 are now good until January 31.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 30, 2021, 12:59 PM »
Awesome! I didn’t use my sticker one time next year and gave 5 days planned at state parks this weekend. I was shaking my head about how hard I make things on myself but it sounds like I’ll be able to skate by this time.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 01, 2022, 02:21 PM »
I call the main office and it's a crap show.   Call reserve America and say what you want.   1st and 2nd permits.   Then they give you a order number call the main parks office so they can then edit the order then call reserve America again to pay and get your discounted second day use stamp.   

Totally stupid method they are doing right now.   So much easier getting them locally.   Walk in and buy them.
Don

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2022, 04:40 PM »
Every place I have been to that sold them said they are not going to be selling them anymore with the online crap. This reserve America crap sucks.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2022, 05:11 PM »
It’s getting so stupid I find it easier to pay a private place to camp

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2022, 10:14 PM »
I wish they would have never gone to online reservations. If I am camping in a state park, I like to look at what sites are available and how they look. I don't like having to pick a site online without knowing what I am getting. I stopped buying a yearly camping permit when they switched over to this new reservation system.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2022, 05:06 PM »
It’s getting so stupid I find it easier to pay a private place to camp

We ended up selling our camper last summer.    Staying at glendo was such a crap show.     All the crap I seen going on that's against thier rules and see the park rangers just keep on driving just made me even madder.   

But I guess when you are from another state and paying to camp at the park every night it comes down to the dollars they are taking in every year.
Don

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2022, 08:14 PM »
 >:( >:(Don't us residents matter to the Parkies anymore  :(
We ended up selling our camper last summer.    Staying at glendo was such a crap show.     All the crap I seen going on that's against thier rules and see the park rangers just keep on driving just made me even madder.   

But I guess when you are from another state and paying to camp at the park every night it comes down to the dollars they are taking in every year.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2022, 11:48 PM »
>:( >:(Don't us residents matter to the Parkies anymore  :(
My observation is no.

Offline Wood N Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 20, 2022, 10:27 AM »
I ordered on December 25th. Got an email a few days ago which said they were having printing problems and permits wouldn't be mailed until sometime in Feb. I guess Walmart doesn't sell printers anymore. ::)

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 12, 2022, 11:04 PM »
I got my Wyo State parks one day  sticker today in the mail.  It was ordered online Dec. 27.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 13, 2022, 09:24 AM »
Ordered mine 12/28 and received them this week.
olefish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.