Author Topic: Post your ride  (Read 232710 times)

Offline DanDANthefisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish
Re: Post your ride
« Reply #180 on: Feb 23, 2012, 10:52 PM »
[/URL]

[/img]
This is mine 95' Conquest

Offline Swc906

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Here is my ride on the ice once it gets thick enough and we get alot of snow..

I have a home made sleigh that i pull with it and that hauls all of my gear.. But if the sleigh isnt needed i can haul everything i need on the sled with a couple straps..

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:03 AM »

No need to pull a sled behind the wheeler anymore ;D

Offline Fishin_Chip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #183 on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:27 PM »
In my neck of the woods, it's all sleds.  Here's mine:

2012 Skidoo Expedition Sport ACE with a little bit of custom racking.  Everything rides on the snowmobile, no need for a sleigh.

surflizard

« Reply #184 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:21 AM »
That is one Super Sweet set up right there Chip, Way to go !!

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #185 on: Jul 20, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Got my 2012 Polaris Sportsman 550 EPS late last winter

upload pictures

That I tote around in my 2011 F150 Supercrew  ;D ;D

picture hosting

And the kids have a wheeler too

image upload

I am really looking forward to ice fishing this year. I have a fully enclosed 21' trailer I will use to haul the wheelers and the gear in, can leave it packed all winter long just hook on and head for the lake! ;D ;D

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Jul 20, 2012, 03:06 PM »
1990 Yamaha Phazer ll  Electric start, fan cooled w/hand & thumb heaters...$500.00 two years ago.  The seat was in pretty bad shape but by using expanding foam, sand paper, a little elbow grease and with a new cover, its not too bad.  Not much in the way of ice or snow around where I live last year but I'm hoping to get it out this coming season.  It'll start on the second pull if the battery fails.

You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Jul 20, 2012, 03:12 PM »
New this year....Arctic Cat 450i 2up for those times without snow.  Need a winch and plow before winter gets here.

For whatever reason, I wasn't able to download both pics on the same post thus the two of them.
Yogi Berra

surflizard

« Reply #188 on: Jul 20, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Welcome to the shanty DLB, glad to have ya aboard ! Best of both worlds right there !

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #189 on: Jul 23, 2012, 08:53 AM »
Welcome to the shanty DLB, glad to have ya aboard ! Best of both worlds right there !

Thanks surflizard but I've been a member here for quite some time.  Due to problems with my computer I had to re-register under a new name and start all over again. ;D
Yogi Berra

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #190 on: Jul 23, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Have a 2001 suzuki, quadrunner500, maybe someone could help me out. A few problems, oil leaking from seal around the shaft comming from motor to back rerar end. Think I can figure that out, need to pull shaft apart to replace seal. The other thing is, hear a rattle, knock in motor, didnt hear it before. When the motor runs the oil level in glass window goes down, but pumps back in, is this normal ? After it shuts down, i can see oil going back into looking glass. Though I saw a small metal piece in glass, but now cannot see it. Should the motor be pulled apart, or just take the crank case cover , where glass is off ? Should I just run it, not sure how long its been knocking, maybe I just never heard it.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #191 on: Jul 24, 2012, 05:55 AM »
Not the right place to answer a question like this, but I will help. Check and make sure it is oil in your engine and not a mix of oil and gas. Then check your timing chain tension. If you don't know how, have it done at a local shop and see if the noise goes away.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #192 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:46 AM »
yes, oil is thin and smells like gas, i think. Oil leaks from seal while sitting.not running . Engine starts and runs fine, but knocking.

surflizard

« Reply #193 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 AM »
If it were me, I would not run the motor Any more, hopefully there isn't too much damage done yet !!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #194 on: Jul 24, 2012, 11:13 AM »
yes, oil is thin and smells like gas, i think. Oil leaks from seal while sitting.not running . Engine starts and runs fine, but knocking.
Ok the oil is leaking out because it is too thin. Drain oil and replace with new and problems should be solved. Should not leak or make noise anymore. It the future make sure to turn of the gas so it can't run into the engine while in storage. Or drain the gas out completely. I hope you didn't run it too long with gas in your oil?

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #195 on: Jul 24, 2012, 03:34 PM »
had the machine for 4 years, never had this problem, but will try it now. How does gas leak into oil ? Guess I should start turning it off when I shut it down.

surflizard

« Reply #196 on: Jul 24, 2012, 06:57 PM »
It can leak into the intake thru the carb float bowl if the inlet needle doesn't seat all the way.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Jul 25, 2012, 04:47 AM »
had the machine for 4 years, never had this problem, but will try it now. How does gas leak into oil ? Guess I should start turning it off when I shut it down.
Because of its age things don't work like they should. There are different designs for getting the fuel to the carb. I will assume yours is gravity feed with a vacuum shut off as well as a manual shut off. The vacuum shut off is bad or dirty and it is allowing gas to flow even though the engine is not running. This happens allot when this type of system is stored for long periods of time. You would never notice it if you ran it daily.

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Jul 25, 2012, 04:52 AM »
ok, i will try this , thanks for the help

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #199 on: Jul 28, 2012, 05:09 PM »
ok, changed oil, not niosy now, but still leaking, not as bad. Trying to figure out how to break apart the rear driveshaft to replace oil seal where shaft comes out of motor. Got the book on machine ,but not seeing that work in there. 3 bolts hold it in 2 pieces,and big nut on yoke , but no room to pull it apart to get shaft out of motor.

surflizard

« Reply #200 on: Jul 28, 2012, 06:14 PM »
I'm not sure if it will help you Lakerman, but it might give ya the info you need to get it apart. www.cheapcycleparts.co m
has exploded diagrams of that driveline on their site.

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #201 on: Jul 28, 2012, 08:48 PM »
saw that already,  I  have the book on machine, says motor needs to come off and apart !   just to get shaft out ? held by a clip inside motor crank  case . no way. I may just let it leak oil before i start that  deal.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #202 on: Jul 29, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Ok, back to what this thread is about ................  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)
Just a quick question on the tracks. Do you run them year 'round, or switch back to wheels in the summer?? And thanks for getting us back on track! ;D ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
« Reply #203 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:45 AM »
I'd love to get some tracks but sleds are just too damn fun

Online bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #204 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:55 AM »
rickl1968, awesome machine! No icefishing mods?
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #205 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:56 AM »
I'd love to get some tracks but sleds are just too damn fun
But can you plow snow with a sled, or use it in the woods in the summer?? If you can only have/afford one, this is the way to go and get year 'round use out of it!! IMHO!! :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #206 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Nope none yet!
I do carry everything in the sleigh though.  :)
This is the exact reason I bought the quad with the tracks on it.
Driving the quad with the tracks kinda makes you feel like your driving a little tank and you can go anywhere. :)
I've read reports on ATV's and UTV's equipped with tracks and most never go back to wheels. If I could, I would want a UTV for it's added versatility with the small bed, etc. Just my preference, but I like your set up also!! ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #207 on: Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Ok, back to what this thread is about ................  ;D

Rick -  You copied my "ride".  ;)   Those Tatou track systems are great on the ice, in the snow and on the ground.  However, I do go back to wheels from April to September.
What's the machine you have?  550 - 850 - power steering?  Mine's a 2010 550 without PS.  I find it a "bear" in tight handling on bare ground.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #208 on: Jul 30, 2012, 01:45 PM »
It's the 2011 850 Polaris XP with EPS.
I love the tracks in deep snow because it makes you feel like your floating on air.  :)

Quote " I find it a "bear" in tight handling on bare ground."

The EPS helps enormously with steering and the tracks. When moving I can steer with my little finger and one hand while stopped or moving slow.

I was wondering how well the EPS would hold up to the tracks, no issues to date then?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #209 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:56 PM »
I was wondering how well the EPS would hold up to the tracks, no issues to date then?
I was chatting with the outfit that I purchased from - out west - they say they have had excellent success with the Polaris EPS system.  They put on some pretty tough miles and rough handling.

Rick - you are absolutely right about the deep powder snow.  It's an awesome ride.  I don't believe there is a sled anywhere that can perform in the deep snow like the Tatou track system does.
Snow and slush on the ice is the same deal.  The tracks stay on top of most anything but water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.