Author Topic: rockport or jordanell on sat anyone want to go,,,,  (Read 851 times)

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
rockport or jordanell on sat anyone want to go,,,,
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:52 AM »
,i want to go catch some perch on saturday a friend suggested off the ramp at jordanell any one else interested????? i reduces the cost of gas and someone to talk with....
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: rockport or jordanell on sat anyone want to go,,,,
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:54 AM »
i have a tent and auger and fish finder, plus a small heated should be a good time if we can find some fish,,,,also i need to be off the ice and back in slc by 500 530.  send me a PM if interested,,,
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:05 PM »
thanks for the invite sundance but with 2 weekend trips to the gorge in the next 3wks i better spend some time with my girl  ;) im hoping to get a few pineview trips in during this time but thats probably it for me
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2013, 06:23 PM »
just go t back from nelle , ice 5" caught 20-25,   7 keepers they were at 40' about 300 yards off the ramp out between the point bouy and the trees draw a line  hope it helps . i was out there by my self most of the day got started about 10 left at 4. would be nice to have a buddy next time.. stormy a little wind. didnt set the tent up it was still good.
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Sounds like it was good day sundance, company always makes it better. How big were the keepers?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline sundance kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:47 PM »
mostly  8-9 but a few 11s.  just a ?  when you pull a fish up from 40'  can you release it and will it live??? the smaller ones looked ok  but the keepers did not, stomachs coming out there mouths, just asking
as always ENJOY!!!!!!!
Slc  Sundance Kid

Offline FishinHank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Sleep Fish, &nbsp;It does a body good
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:58 PM »
If you pull them up slow you can minimize it. Their stomachs turn inside out from their swim bladder expanding due to the change of pressure. If you have a pretty heavy jig you can hook them through the dorsal and sink them to the bottom. Most of the time they just have a problem getting back down. I know some people poke the stomachs to release the pressure it all that does is cause an infection which will kill the fish.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2013, 12:04 AM »
If you get them back in the water pretty fast before theres too much of the air bladder poking out some will make it back down, but only a few. I fizz mine. I use a very small hypodermic to suck the air out before i release them and i also try to do this as fast as possible. Im sure its not 100% affective either but something is better than nothing. Look at fizzing on you tube, lots of technics for it. Most fish (besides trout) deeper than 20-25fow will be affected like this. I've read about people using a small can with holes cut in it or a basket, weighted and they drop it down with a rope to get the fish back down to the level they were caught from. There is also a guy at the gorge that uses something similiar to a weighted bottom bouncer that has a couple bends in it that you can hook into the gill and lower it with a rope back down also when you pull it back up it comes free of the fish leaving it back at the bottom. Lots of technics to release the small ones
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Sundance kid are you going back to jordanelle anytime soon?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:48 PM »
i hit rockport on sunday and we got about 20 fish betwen 4 of us no perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.