Author Topic: Last Mountain 2017  (Read 61077 times)

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last Mountain 2017
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2017, 07:41 PM »
How's it going everybody, would like to hear if anybody has any ice reports at Collingwood, I fished there all last season and was wondering if it's safe to walk out there right now, thanks for anyone's input

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2017, 06:50 PM »
I fished the north end of the lake today targeting pike. Arrived late but still managed a couple on the ice riggers.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Hey angler Brian, what part of the lake were u fishing at for those pike, I was wondering if it would be safe to walk out around the Collingwood area

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Hey angler Brian, what part of the lake were u fishing at for those pike, I was wondering if it would be safe to walk out around the Collingwood area
I was fishing the very north end of the Lake. I have not been to Collingwood yet this ice season. I have been as far south as the Duval road and ice there is 12 inches or so. I am pretty sure Collingwood would be safe for walking but have not been there yet to look around.

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2017, 02:05 PM »
I gotta start fishing places besides blackstrap and meeting lake... I use to fish enters beach a ton in the summer in my boat and smash nice walleye..5 years back when I lived in watrous for 5 years  it was a lil south of the boat launch and mid lake, there’s kinda a sunken island out there I believe... u ever ice fish in that area? Was thinkin about tryin to ice fish it.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I gotta start fishing places besides blackstrap and meeting lake... I use to fish enters beach a ton in the summer in my boat and smash nice walleye..5 years back when I lived in watrous for 5 years  it was a lil south of the boat launch and mid lake, there’s kinda a sunken island out there I believe... u ever ice fish in that area? Was thinkin about tryin to ice fish it.
  Etters Beach is a good ice fishing area for perch and Walleye. If you explore South of there I am sure you will find yourself some good spots.

Offline jiffy22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Usually a pretty good perch bite anywhere north or south of etters.  it picks up in jan-feb.  get out to the middle of the lake.  Some walleye there too but i find more and bigger farther south.   collingwood, whiterock and south to rowans and stone barn areas.  More depth and structure there seems to hold the eyes thru the winter

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Fished East of Triple T in the middle of the lake today. 14 inches of good ice. There are a few small heaves near the east side of the lake. Fishing was slow but between the two of us we managed 1 Walleye 3 Jumbo perch  8 smaller perch and a Tullibee. Fished depths from 25 to 32 feet probably should have gone shallower as there was more action at 25 feet.

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 09, 2017, 09:56 PM »
Sarnia / white rock ice maybe 10 inch of ice today

Offline Doggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Didn’t get on the ice til around noon today but the fish were fairly active through the afternoon. Ended up with a jumbo, a nice sized burbot, and five walleye including one 27”.

Offline Trewlyfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2017, 02:16 PM »
It has been consistently around 12”at collingwood. Some shacks are out. Atv’s and side x sides out. So far 4 perch. 3 jumbo one bait

Offline walleyemaverick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:57 PM »
Anyone know ice conditions at glen harbour? It would be nice to make a quick trip after work this week but i know it usually takes a bit to get good ice there.

Ive been out to sarnia, which had 7 inches 2 weeks ago, and up to north of rowans twice. Good solid 10 inches there now. Stone barn was a little sketchy a week ago with the heave opening up down the middle of the bay while we were there.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Walleyemaverick I PM you this afternoon.

Offline Millertime03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Are shacks gonna make it out on collingwood this week? Ppl are saying 12" of solid ice. This weeks temperature shouldn't be too much of a threat right? Lol

Offline walleyemaverick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Maybe with a sled dog team you could pull your shack out. Hearing theres a heave to cross at the launch and with this warm weather you wont catch me out there unless im on foot. But each to their own lol

Offline familyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Yeah made it out to Collingwood last weekend. There is a heave across right out in front of the launch but it comes right up to the island on the north end.  So a guy could prob cross it right on the north end of the launch close to the island shore. We crossed it about 40 yards out into the lake and there was no problem but that was before the warm weather.

Offline Fishintilldark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:15 PM »
What was the fishing like at collingswood and what it like south down around sarnia?

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:42 PM »
Anyone know if they are driving on at Triple T?

Offline Doggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Hey Churchill - yeah people are driving on at Triple T. 14”.

Offline fishfinder1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:09 PM »
seen 2 trucks drive across lake from triple t  to the east side of lake.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Thanks Doggy and Fishfinder

Offline liteguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 17, 2017, 10:49 AM »
what and where is triple T ? on the west side of the lake?? or east ?

Offline Trewlyfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Collingwood is 12”, some shacks are out on ice. Still heave out from boat launch. Think shacks are coming on from island.

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 18, 2017, 11:57 PM »
We are still wide open here in South dakota never been any farther north than ND could anyone point me in the direction of good place to stay that puts out their own ice houses (sleeper or day) i am looking at early January not sure if i should drag my atv along you folks have any ideas for my first ice fishing trip   to Canada thanks

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2017, 07:22 AM »
There used to be an ad on Kijiji for LML fishing shack rentals. You could check there.

Offline walleyemaverick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2017, 08:12 AM »
Posted on one of the facebook fishing groups was a picture of buddy on the ice at midway road with his 1ton and what looked like a 18ft enclosed trailer, he claimed to have crossed the heave with it. Careful out there everyone

Offline 22knat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Thanks AndyJ i will check it out

Offline walleyed99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Any updates on LML going from Wee-two south, and Stone Barn North? Anyone been out and got a recent ice measurement? Would love to go out on Boxing day, but don't want to go swimming.........

Offline perchbuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:16 AM »
was out at alice/weetoo last weekend. ice was around 8" but the fishing was slow.

Offline Bluetruck 17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Was out at little arm/kinikoma.  Solid clear ice.  14 inches of ice. 

Any updates on LML going from Wee-two south, and Stone Barn North? Anyone been out and got a recent ice measurement? Would love to go out on Boxing day, but don't want to go swimming.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.