Author Topic: Last Mountain 2017  (Read 61211 times)

Offline Doggy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Last Mountain 2017
« Reply #90 on: Jan 04, 2018, 04:03 PM »
Hello everyone is anybody have any information on where I can access the lake preferably northwest corner around Etters looking to head out onto Last Mountain Lake for my first time in the next few days

You can get on at Etters Beach or at Triple T Beach. Both are on the northwest side. Good luck!

Offline lightbitecanuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:41 PM »
You can get on at Etters Beach or at Triple T Beach. Both are on the northwest side. Good luck!

This location is entry?

Offline dagdagger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 05, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Anyone been to Wee Too/Lipps Beach area in last day or so, I heard a heave opened up there, was just wondering as we were out there last weekend and there are a couple different heaves.

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline YoungGun96

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 05, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Has anyone drove on at Rowan's lately? Any heaves I should be worried about?

Offline Big Zekey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Jan 05, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Anyone driving on at etters? What's the ice like?

Offline familyfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:00 AM »
Was on the lake further south of etters but it looked like there were lots of shacks out at etters.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Drove on at Etters boat launch and headed south a mile to a mile and a half to where the shacks all are. We've never ever fished Etters but thought we'd drive the extra 1/2hr and give it a shot. Managed 2 nice keeper wall eyes and 10 perch which 8 were nice jumbos. Lost a couple more wall eyes at the hole. All in all not a bad outing for not having a clue where to go.
Can anyone that fishes Etters regularly tell me why no one fishes right out from the resort? No luck there or just BETTER luck south down the lake, lol!
Oh ya and the ice is good to go, no heaves and about 20-24" of ice.
Good luck everyone, stay safe.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #98 on: Jan 07, 2018, 02:59 PM »
I have heard that folks sometimes go N of Etters Beach to ice fish around the mouth of Lewis Creek and catch pike and some perch there.

I have never tried it myself to see what the ice fishing is like,but that is what I was told.  ;)
It would be a good idea to test the ice well in that area, as there might still be some current from the creek. :-\

WW

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Lots of vehicles driving on at regina beach.  Just stay to the west of the pier to get on the ice.  There was a truck that went In there today on the east side of the pier.  I measured 20" of ice.  But be careful around them heaves.  There is one by the point at the swim beach.  There is 2 heaves by pelican point but someone has marked a spot to drive through the first heave and for the second heave you can head towards little arm to get around the 2nd heave if you want to get on the other side of pelican point.  At kedleston  there is a heave that goes all the way across the lake.

Offline PikeSnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Are there any "need to knows" if a guy was to get onto the ice at Beuna Vista?  Similar stuff to 'stay east of the pier' at Regina Beach that someone should be aware of. I think the access point was on 4th Street

Was thinking about going there next time since Regina Beach was packed

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #101 on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:20 PM »
Hit up the Regional looking for some large predators.

Success!
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline YoungGun96

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Got on at Rowan's and headed south Sunday afternoon. Fishing was VERY slow; 1 pike, 1 walleye, 1 perch and 1 tulibee. Fishing started to pick up a lot at dark when we were leaving. 25" of ice but lots of cracks and it was making a ton of noise under us. Hopefully fishing is better this weekend.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Anyone have any updates on Midway landing north of Collingwoods? I haven't been that far north this year and was wondering how the drive on is and how the bites been?? Any info would be appreciated and thanks.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #104 on: Jan 11, 2018, 12:36 PM »
I have not been there  (Midway) yet and the reason is I was told a crack opened up and there was two feet of open water. Now this was over ten days ago and may have frozen back over. You could prob drive there from Collingwood as I drove half way to Midway from there with no problems.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 11, 2018, 12:42 PM »
Thanks Angler Brian for the feedback. Your always so willing to help others on this site with your knowledge and information, and for that I commend you my friend.
I will definitely let you know how we make out if we get up that far this weekend.

Offline See.Harder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Jan 12, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm headed out to LML for the first time tomorrow morning and I was wondering if anyone has been having luck anywhere around Colesdale or any other places people might recommend.  I'm quite new to ice fishing so I am not real picky on what we get but it would be nice to have a spot to get at least a fish or two in the shack!  That and if there are any areas to avoid on the ice for heaves.  Heard from some people that Rowan's Ravine was a decent spot too or even down around Glen Harbor.  Any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated.  Thanks all!

Offline jwg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 12, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Right in front of the beach at Rowans is always good for perch and even some Walleye.

Offline Lip-ripper156

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Jan 13, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Good day all, new to the site and really like all the advice on here.I am planning on heading down to Etters tomorrow,just wondering if anybody has fresh info on ice thickness and if there are any heaves that way? Any info would be super helpful ,thank you in advance. Keep your lines tight 👍

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Jan 13, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Good day all, new to the site and really like all the advice on here.I am planning on heading down to Etters tomorrow,just wondering if anybody has fresh info on ice thickness and if there are any heaves that way? Any info would be super helpful ,thank you in advance. Keep your lines tight 👍

x 2   Thinking of heading out Friday for the day

Thanks
dkruks

Offline ozzy1976

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Jan 13, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Ice south of etters is 26” thick and there is one heave that I can see south of the village south of etters. Good luck and be safe!!

Offline Lip-ripper156

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Jan 14, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Awesome. Thanks Ozzy. 🎣

Offline tightline06

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:16 AM »
was everybody's weekend as slow as mine? not sure if it was the weather or what, but one of my slowest weekends ever. hoping for a better bite this coming weekend

Offline Lip-ripper156

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Managed to ice 22 perch sunday from 10am to 5 pm, 2 jumbos and the rest ranging in size from why did you bite my hook to respectable lol. 2 walleye and one Jack on camera but never bothered to hit the lines. Was a fun day on the ice except for the wind. Measured the ice at 30in just north of the shacks at Etters.

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Jan 16, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Lip Ripper we must have been pretty close to each other, I had decent luck just north of the main group of shacks as well.
Hunkered down in the shack all day, the wind was just to bitter to stay outside.
Fished from 9-3 and managed 14 perch of which I kept 11. They ranged from 10-12" which are really nice perch anywhere.
Let 3 little guys go back.

Offline Lip-ripper156

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Jan 17, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Nicely done foozie. I was in the red Eskimo pop up with the silver dodge.

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Jan 18, 2018, 05:37 PM »
vehicles taking a bath in in Last Mountain Lake at Pelican Pointe and Regina Beach- photos from TRK Towing Lumsden SK FB page

Offline Foozie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:23 AM »

Thanks Lip-ripper156, same to you. Ya you were further north than I was, I drove right
Past ya on my way off the lake. I to had a red Eskimo pop up and a dark blue Chevy.
Funny how a lot of your perch were on the smaller side you say and as for me I was lucking out on some keepers.
Maybe we'll meet up someday on the lake. Good luck and stay safe.

Offline PikeSnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Where did those trucks go through exactly?  Couple weeks ago, I was out and there was 24" of ice at Regina Beach.  Was planning on heading out again this weekend but need to know which spots to avoid

Offline Tech By Trade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:54 AM »
I don't even fish that lake and I know to avoid that spot. Buddy fell threw a few years back walking back to the cabin across there all pissed up the night before the big tournament. The ice never freezes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.