Author Topic: Quick disconnect for battery charger.  (Read 1306 times)

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Quick disconnect for battery charger.
« on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:05 AM »
I use 2pole flat connectors like:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hopkins-2-Pole-Flat-Connector-Set/1002648078?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-hdw-_-ggl-_-PLA_HDW_214_Auto-Batteries-_-1002648078-_-online-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=CjwKCAiAxJSPBhAoEiwAeO_fP9oPB-R0q9u8_dJkWZcOFuIZ_f2og8fp7h7XySuBz112f81rQfjCExoCzVcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
To connect my fish finder and a light to my bettery.

I just got a new lithium battery and the new charger is on the way. Is there any reason to NOT wire a 2-pole connector like that right to my battery charger? With my old lead acid battery i would open the waterproof battery box, pull the battery halfway out, and clip to the larger terminals.  New battery has small type 2 terminals, and it would be a heck of alot easier to leave the battery in the box and just plug the charger in to the existing connector.

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Quick disconnect for battery charger.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:56 AM »
I use them on all my batteries that use that type of charger.  Even got a few weather proof SAE plugs. Saves having to pull the battery, or fumble trying to get to the terminals. Less stress for all. Just plug in and go play.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2022, 10:13 AM »
I use them on all of mine too.

J-

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2022, 12:59 PM »
I use the same SAE connector and just leave it plugged in while I use my graph which is connected to the piggy back spade connector.  When I get home, I just plug in the charger until it turns green, and then unplug the charger.  Come to think of it, I think that's how my Marcum Brute came setup when I bought it.  Here's a pic:

https://marcumtech.com/product/brute_kit/

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Sounds good guys!

With my old battery (out of my wife's Vespa) I always used the same charger I use for car/camper/lawnmower batteries with larger clips.  Now that I'm getting a smaller dedicated charger (if Amazon ever ships the Dakota Lithium charger), I'm going to install the 2 pole connector to use the same connection as the fish finder.  Eventually I'll install the piggybacks to run two connections out of the battery box.

I see that marcum has an inline fuse holder, i don't think the Dakota lithium charger comes with one. I've got fuses on my fish finder power lines for both the ice fishing box and the kayak rigging, do i need one on the charger hook up as well?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.