Author Topic: Well  (Read 759 times)

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
Well
« on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:05 PM »
This was one of the toughest derbies in a long time I prefished wed thru fri and could not buy a bite settled on a hump 25’ surrounded by 50’ headed out sat 4:30 by 8am had to move wind was nuts moved behind a point close to shore I had jigged a couple of perch there on Thur Then the F ing dive aceholes decided it was a perfect day to chainsaw holes into the ice which took two hours of non stop wide open throttle screaming chainsaws
I have fished the derby for 15 years and sat night had decided that was it no more when it becomes punishment instead of fun it’s time to call it and sat was pure punishment
Went out sun 4:30 drilled a couple of holes no where impeticular and caught my pb laker as fat as anything
I do not know what next year will bring with exception to a new Eskimo shelter next year will defiantly bring a new shelter
I hope all had a safe fun derby with plenty of flags and fish

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Well
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:12 PM »
It was a tough weekend to be out there. Saturday was definitely punishing.

That is a nice fat laker you got there! Better than some peoples weekend went for sure

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Nice work.
Just add water.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Some fruit for your labors anyway
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:52 AM »
I was excited to have caught it but I really want to catch perch I do a ton of research but can not find them only once the year of the blizzard I landed on a good school I must have jigged 30 all shorts but had a ton of fun and it was pure luck no reasearch no navionics could only walk so far in 3’ of snow at the time all I had was a pick there was all of 2’ of ice i only had two holes now I drill ten or twenty holes and jig the day lights out of them with no luck

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Anybody that fished gets a tip of the hat,good job making something happen
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.