Author Topic: Ice Shanty - the last refuge of men (Thank you all for being there!)  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
To all who inhabit this site....

I am so grateful for a little refuge of sanity in today's world of less than that. I appreciate the community that is represented here. It is valuable to me and makes a difference.

This song is sung by the lone Canadian astronaut. If you substitute "Ice Shanty" for "Canadian Tire" you will understand how I feel.

Thank you,

Gunflint

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
I need to get my passport, I'm heading to Canadian Tire. I can stop and do some ice fishing along the way, of course then I'll never make it to Canadian Tire.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
I need to get my passport, I'm heading to Canadian Tire. I can stop and do some ice fishing along the way, of course then I'll never make it to Canadian Tire.

CT is my favorite store!!!
  ;D

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
My son & I head to Ontario every summer for phenomenal SM and Northern fishing.  Fantastic country and people.  Maybe they would take all of our liberals.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My son & I head to Ontario every summer for phenomenal SM and Northern fishing.  Fantastic country and people.  Maybe they would take all of our liberals.

Maybe if they shopped in Canadian Tire, the world might get a little bit more sane and reasonable.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Maybe they would take all of our liberals.

NOPE!!! NOPE!!! NOPE!!!!
Got to many as it is!!!
    >:(

Chute82

Don Cherry on hockey night in Canada was one of my favorite things to watch after I’m done fishing... guess one less thing to look forward to this year

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
This is a great site. It has helped keep me sane over the last couple of difficult years. People have listened and I hope I haven’t whined to much. This site is the last link of sanity in a world gone crazy. Thank you everyone who has listened to me.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This is a great site. It has helped keep me sane over the last couple of difficult years. People have listened and I hope I haven’t whined to much. This site is the last link of sanity in a world gone crazy. Thank you everyone who has listened to me.

EXACTLY!!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
X2----That is partially why we're here!!! :thumbsup: :flex: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Ice shanty and what it represents, and the users on here, are a very important part of my life. Look at my location and tell me if I am exaggerating - it seems like people around here are so soft ( because they are ), and quick to judge outdoorsy hunters and fishermen. They don't live real lives IMO. I pity them actually :-[ :D

My work life is less than satisfying most of the time and not because of the projects, but the people I have to deal with. A lot of hyper-educated primadonas ( sp ? ) that judge and don't do any real work. The company itself, I swear is striving to have a gender-neutral workforce so that nobody can be intimidated by anyone's masculinity or right answers. I am guilty on all counts in that department.  ;) :o :oKeep everything at a shade of gray and nobody will ever be wrong.  :-\ ???
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yup. I understand.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Gunflint, I am thankful that I am able to afford the internet service so I can access this site. I am almost 66 years old, and work 7 days a week. My father was a WWII veteran. Captured by the Japs on some island and tortured. Grew up on a slave farm. AKa foster care. Went through the 60’s served in the Navy. Was a fruit tramp. Put in about 20 thousand miles in a three year period hitching back and forth across this country. Seen things and done things that I will never see or do again, cause the things I seen ain’t there no more. So I understand where you are coming from! After reading the replies here I am going to say something that may or may not make you and some others unhappy. When I come to this site I am not a liberal, I am not a conservative, I am not someone who looks down on someone because they spend their time at work playing on the phone, instead of busting their butts putting out a good days work for a good days pay. I am as often as I can an ice fisherman! That is the reason I visit this forum. I really try not to bring the stuff that happens all around me every day into a forum like this, cause you all experience the same things.
Yep work sucks! Yep the big companies try to ring out the most return for the investors. If you folks think it makes a difference weather you are a liberal or conservative, you are dreaming we are all getting the short messy end of the stick! Guess what I am trying to say, we are all in a changing world and for some of us (I can’t believe I am saying this) older folks it is good to hold on to the values that were some times in in forced by a leather strap, or in my case by a hard plastic hose, but for the folks who have a problem with the soft weak lazy stinking punk people who are in the near future goin to be taking care of us when we are no longer able to take care of our selves, just pray that you installed good values, a sense of what is right, and wrong in the people you have interacted with through out your lives. At this point in my life I am trying to get through each day with as little anger as possible. Work, stores, traffic, everything. Don’t have time for it to get to me anymore. So my main deal is getting out on the ice as of as I can every season until I can’t, and the Gypsy woman told me I will live for another 20 years. So anyway I agree with you gunflint, thanks for all the folks on this forum who share their knowledge and expertise, to help me do what I really enjoy!
Just so y’all know I thought about fleeing this great country, but I am apparently too old most of the places I considered, Canada, New South Wales, all tell me I am too old! So I am stuck here at the southern edge of the ice belt hanging out on IS! Sorry for the rant! Now bring on the ice!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wonderful story, Uncle. I hope that the best years are still in front - even if they are a bit slower.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac

This song is sung by the lone Canadian astronaut.

Huh? did you forget about Roberta Bondar, Julie Payette, Marc Garneau etc??

As Unclegill suggested, best to leave politics etc out of ICl
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lone astronaut that mattered to me anyway.  ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
His bro, Dave, lives about a 1/2 away and used to the lead in a band that played in local bars. Unfortunately he quit that before I had a chance to see him/them.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Dilly Dilly!
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.