The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jigs, Spoons, or Raps?  (Read 541 times)

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jigs, Spoons, or Raps?
« on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:42 PM »
I am curious as to what everyone's favorite style lure to drop through the ice is?

Currently, having only ice fished for trout and kokes, I have become a fan of jigs but this is mostly based on my success. I am a big fan of raps for the action they produce but haven't had the success so jigs still get my vote.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Jigs, Spoons, or Raps?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:59 PM »
All of the above.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline mtcommonwalleyeguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2018, 02:03 PM »
My pick would go to spoons. Haven't had much success with raps. I do pretty well with jigs usually, but I do appreciate spoons, because they're nicer to jig and I seem to do my best on them. In general, I work with small spoons. My go-to's are buckshot minnows, forage minnows, and swedish pimples, with the buckshot minnows being my absolute best lure. I have tried those Clam Bomb jigs once, but without much success. Had fish come stare, but not take, while jigs and buckshot were getting hammered. On the bright side, they show up the fish finder really well  :P

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Raps,walleye,perch,ling and even pike seem to love them. :tipup:
Dont ask

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.