The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Missoula area fish taxidermist for pike  (Read 991 times)

Offline 9tine

• IceShanty Rookie
Missoula area fish taxidermist for pike
« on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:26 AM »
Does anyone know of a taxidermist in the Kalispel, Missoula, Bitterroot area that does a good job on pike?  Fish are tough to do well, and I'm not interested in a replica.  Thanks for the help.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Missoula area fish taxidermist for pike
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:11 AM »
I'd ask Dale at Customn Birdworks maybe and see who he'd have do his fish? He's won some serious ribbons, not for fish, but I'd think he knows who does great and not so great work. Just a shot in the dark. Other guys will likely know some good resources.

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:26 PM »
I recently took a nice rainbow up to Cabin Fever taxidermy near Kalispell for my son to have done and was very impressed with his work. His number is 406-253-3878
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Offline fishon1054

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:57 PM »
There's a you man in Missoula by the name of Nate Salsbery, he works at the National Guard Armory and does taxidermy on the side.  He does an excellent job on Northern and Walleye.  He grew up in Malta where he started his taxidermy business.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:31 AM »
There's a guy in Challis ID that does really good work.  Don't remember his name.  I've seen lots of his work, and it's incredible.  Even the replica's look like they could swim right off the wall

Offline NorthernAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 38.5 Inches of Power
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Hey there, I compete yearly at State Shows and run Northern Anglers in Billings. Call Dennis Nelson in Darby MT. I do not know what he charges, but is top level work. Find the guys that compete on high levels in state shows like myself. Dale Manning is a great person to ask also, he is a top notch bird taxidermist. I know both guys from competition.  Thanks
NorthernAnglers - "You Catch It, I'll Put It On The Wall"

Offline icefishnaddct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2014, 11:38 AM »
check into some taxidermists over in wisconsin/minnesota area. I've had a couple done over there and they are way cheaper (usually $6-9 an inch) than ANYONE in montana  and the quality of the fish are great. Even with shipping costs you will save money, unless you can find someone down there who does is it for $10 or cheaper an inch. if you do let me know also. the cheapest i have found in the state is $12.

Offline 9tine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for all the info.  It's a tough choice around here.

Offline Golden Trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Im also looking for a taxidermist for my Brook, its around in the 24 inch range.  Anyone know of someone good with those. Looking for someone very good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.