The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: spawning near helena  (Read 4939 times)

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: spawning near helena
« Reply #30 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Nice report!! I am glad to here some good news, although  a busted pole is never good, unless covered by a waranty, which is why i by G Loomis poles, although i usually break them in a much crappier way than a big fish, lol. I have a #4 fly pole, and i am a little concerned about breaking it, as last year i was using a #6, and those big fish were bending it pretty good. I been thinking about getting a heavier pole and trying the steelhead fishing south of missoula, and for the yearly trip to hauser, but just don't have the extra money right now. (it is pretty fun fighting those big fish on that small of a pole, i just think a heavier pole would keep my arm from hurting so much at the end of the day!! lol) I think i might go over on sat morn and camp, and try to catch some hogs. Hope to see someone friendly out there, as last year, i ran into quite a few idiots, and one guy i would have shot if i had a pistol. he decided to come downstream after he seen me pull out a really nice fish, and stood right on the redd i was fishing, right in front of me!!!! I decided i should leave and walk a little further down, otherwise i would have drowned him, and that was good, because i caugth even more fish the further down i walked, just the trail is a little gnarly. Does anyone know how good the road is that goes to the Beaver Creek mouth?

Offline captain stubie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lip ripper!
Re: spawning near helena
« Reply #31 on: Mar 27, 2010, 11:18 AM »
fishinwithbrittanies- what were you using
its better to have hooked and lost then to never have hooked at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.