Author Topic: LX-7 Software Update v3.17  (Read 4104 times)

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
Re: LX-7 Software Update v3.17
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2013, 12:41 PM »
I finally had a chance to try mine out with 3.17.  I love it.  I fish next to a troller and found it was easier to tune each other  out and I pick up a bunch of fish that the troller doesn't (just bottom huggers).  I didn't have to change my sensitivity very much at all.  I fished on a setting of 5 all day.  Overall there seemed to be less noise on the screen.  I was fishing in 30 FOW.  I love this machine and love that it is upgradable.  I'm half debating upgrading it to an lx-9 but the cost of the upgrade is a bit high.
I hope everyone is enjoying their unit as much a I am.    :)

CM

Sensitivity of 5?  What kind of jig were you using?  I had to have mine up to 20 with a size 12 ratso in 13 feet of water.
  BE THERE!

Offline Gmoney21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:20 PM »
I did my update over the weekend, file took the first try and it was easy as pie to do.

I had a unit loaded with 3.01 from factory and I had very few problems with the original so I was hesitant to update. I fished a few places over the weekend, from 18 feet to 38 feet and it worked fine in dynamic and auto depth. I fished close to a buddy with a Ice 55 and didn't need to tune him out at all. I was using jigging spoons and buckshots and had the sensitivity between 5 and 8, I would fine tune with the target adjust to keep the marks the size I like them.

Overall I was very impressed, I was able to chart the bottom hungers easily and see them come up off bottom. With the showdown you cant distinguish between a bottom huger and your jig so you loose alot of info.

I'm curious to know what people set their ping rate at, I thought this is for open water mode more so so I keep it at 2 but I never really played around with it much.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:01 PM »
I max my ping, I'm still using 2.9 though, should really update to take advantage of the target adjust though...

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:25 PM »
...yeah, your running 3.01 if sens. Is that low, once you do update to 3.17 you will have to go up too

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:43 PM »
When I am using #3 or #5 jigging raps I am at sens of 2 or 3 with version 3.17 and ping rate at 4

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:19 PM »
With 2.9 I run the sens at 2 but target adjust is useless...This is 45' and a 3-5mm tungsten....

Offline canada_man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:22 AM »
I can assure you that I am running 3.17 and my sens. only needed to be at 5.  That was using everything from a tee-tot and a minnow, to a PK and a minnow head, to a deadly dick and a meal worm (sized for perch - sorry i dont know the exact oz).  Dont know what my ping is at.  Ive never changed it.

CM

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:00 AM »
My LX6 did the same thing ........with 3.01 it would read 8' from my kitchen table now with 3.17 it reads 0' too !
I had the same concern about it not working on the ice . I just hope I don't have to wait till next year to find out ................... is Al Gore still around ?? LOL
ice fishing rules

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Its only reading 0 now on the kitchen table because you might be on your old settings. set your sens. higher for it to work .
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.