Author Topic: 2007 foreman cold starting  (Read 1352 times)

Offline fishinfool73

• IceShanty Rookie
2007 foreman cold starting
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:11 PM »
I have a 2007 honda foreman that dosent like to start when its colder out. it has the fuel primer button on the side of the carb but it dosent seem to help. It will eventually start with a bunch of cranking but I hate cranking on it to long.I have a friend with the exact same machine and his fires right up. Thanks for any ideas and help.
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
Re: 2007 foreman cold starting
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:30 PM »
must be a default in your primer.i have a 07 Rubicon that has the primer also and without priming it,mine won't start.We have 2 foremans on the farm and both of the primers on them work well in the cold weather.without using it you have to crank alot like you said.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline fishinfool73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:55 PM »
Thanks, I'll have to take a look at the primer and see if its working.
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2010, 12:09 AM »
mine is fully primed when i push the primer 3 times.the 1st two pushes the button goes all the way in pretty easily but the third time it gets hard to push.then its good to go. is that how yours feels when you prime it? how about your buddies? you should see if your buddies primer feels like yours or not.

Offline fishinfool73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:06 AM »
It feels the same no matter how many times I prime it, I'll have to try his to see if there is more resistance. I'm guessing it must not be doing anything because I dont feel much resistance. Thanks

Offline luckyone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:35 AM »
I have a 99 foreman, which is hard starting. I have to be very careful not to prime and choke at the same time.Which then floods it then I have to hold the throttle wide open to unflood it.

Offline fishinfool73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:12 AM »
So if you prime it do you not use the choke? or do you use both and then hold the choke wide open? Thanks

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:40 PM »
i prime it and fully choke it.turn over once or twice and its running.i don't think i could ever flood mine.mine's  a 07 Rubicon.

Offline fishinfool73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:57 PM »
yeah my primer must not be working right, I can push it ten times and it feels the same.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.