The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: check in:Wisconsin members  (Read 161511 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: check in:Wisconsin members
« Reply #1020 on: Oct 03, 2018, 11:30 AM »
I was on 3" or so second weekend in Dec. near St. Germain. Not all lakes were ready either. Some kids put a pair of ATVs through on Friday before we went out. Talked with the "recovery crew" at the access Sat. The kids didn't get far but it still wasn't going to be easy out of 10 - 11 FOW.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #1021 on: Oct 03, 2018, 01:54 PM »
I wouldn't even think of taking a 4 wheeler or snowmobile out on 1st ice that is just plain stupidity. I'm fine with walking out on 3" with safety gear and other people around..

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1022 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:32 PM »
I wouldn't even think of taking a 4 wheeler or snowmobile out on 1st ice that is just plain stupidity. I'm fine with walking out on 3" with safety gear and other people around..

Right? Can't fix stupid...

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1023 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Well I went from poking around IceShanty once a month or two to checking 5 times a day or so. The ice bug has officially bit. It's good to be back!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #1024 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:44 PM »
I had ice on my deck this morning.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1025 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:00 PM »
27°F up at my place in Vilas this am.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1026 on: Oct 05, 2018, 11:54 AM »
27°F up at my place in Vilas this am.

:clap: :thumbsup: and the possibility of snow over the next coupla days.

Hey 52, they ever re-open that Waukesha GM store? Last I heard they were moving it to Brookfield then I didn't hear anything at all.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1027 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:55 AM »
:clap: :thumbsup: and the possibility of snow over the next coupla days.

Hey 52, they ever re-open that Waukesha GM store? Last I heard they were moving it to Brookfield then I didn't hear anything at all.

You know something? People ask me for updates all the time. I have a bunch of customers at Kwik Trip who were customers at GM and thats come up a lot the last couple of months. I've been in contact with a lot of folks who stayed with the company and the tally on this is that they have property, but are still hashing out lease arrangements for the old Baby's R Us on Bluemound. No move in date as of now I've been told.

I started with KT part-time after the GTwn GM closed, and haven't looked back really. Excellent pay, excellent benes and a nice bonus in December.

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1028 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Potentially not above freezing this weekend here in Green Bay! 

Friday
Nov 9
34° /20° RealFeel® 26° / 10°
Sun and clouds; cold

Saturday
Nov 10
31° /24° RealFeel® 27° / 13°
Cloudy spells, snow at times

Sunday
Nov 11
31° /19° RealFeel® 18° / 10°
A little snow, mainly early

Offline FLYING TIGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1029 on: Nov 22, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Yep bring on the ice
love paying taxes to the state thanks for asking

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
« Reply #1030 on: Nov 26, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Wrightstown here!!!  its TIME!!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1031 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:52 AM »
I know where Wrightstown is, my son lives in Freedom. Actually worked in Wrightstown for a few years. Where do you like to fish in that neighborhood? Junior always says unless you fish 'Bago or the Bay you gotta drive to find water. We hit Shawano a coupla times a year but for the most part he comes toward me (Fox, Beaver Dam or north to Three Lakes).

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1032 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:41 AM »
I know where Wrightstown is, my son lives in Freedom. Actually worked in Wrightstown for a few years. Where do you like to fish in that neighborhood? Junior always says unless you fish 'Bago or the Bay you gotta drive to find water. We hit Shawano a coupla times a year but for the most part he comes toward me (Fox, Beaver Dam or north to Three Lakes).

I'm originally from Green Bay area and your son is right. There is really nothing besides bago and the bay until you get into Oconto or Marinette County or west to Shawano. I like Shawano lake, my uncle used to live on the lake. But there are some hidden gems up past Crivitz, or at least there used to be! I really don't like Bago, not sure why, just never been a big fan.
Da Pack!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1033 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Crivitz...  :thumbsup: I'm there for a week every October on High/Cauldron Falls for muskies. Beautiful!

Offline knotcase

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1034 on: Nov 29, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I'm from IL but I fish the bay of GB and Vilas county lakes so I'll be here a lot. Checking in... 

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1035 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:18 PM »
I'm from IL but I fish the bay of GB and Vilas county lakes so I'll be here a lot. Checking in...

Welcome to the shanty knotcase! Pull up a bucket and settle in, fun place with good info and great folks. Do yourself (and us) a favor by visiting your profile and adding your location to it. It helps us understand your questions and comments in context as there's folks here from all over. Doesn't have to be specific, "Northern IL" or "Chicago area" works or you can give us your street address and we'll pop in when we're in the neighborhood (just kidding).

Fair warning: No football talk from you this year... :roflmao: Seriously, you'll make me feel bad  ;)2

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1036 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:03 PM »

Welcome. I spend a lot of time in Vilas myself. Good luck and tight lines :tipup: :tipup:

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1037 on: Nov 30, 2018, 05:14 AM »
Welcome. I spend a lot of time in Vilas myself. Good luck and tight lines :tipup: :tipup:

I wind up splitting my time between Three Lakes and St. Germain areas usually. Now I've got more time I can branch out a bit, after all it is a target rich environment.

My daughter and her family live in Fort. I've been on Koshkonong once and never had a reason to return. I'd think that you'd better know where you're going: A.) for safety and B.) to find fish. We did not.

Offline Hunterbear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1038 on: Dec 02, 2018, 02:35 AM »
Hello. I just moved to Marshfield from Montana and I’m looking forward to sharing my upcoming trips in the ice.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1039 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:02 AM »
Hello. I just moved to Marshfield from Montana and I’m looking forward to sharing my upcoming trips in the ice.

Welcome to the state Hunterbear! Plenty of opportunities here, just no mountains. Thanks for checkin' in on the WI board too :thumbsup:

Offline fourgonefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1040 on: Dec 30, 2018, 03:18 PM »
New to site, in Milwaukee waiting and looking forward too fishing and retirement eventually in THREE LAKES Wi. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1041 on: Dec 31, 2018, 06:58 AM »
New to site, in Milwaukee waiting and looking forward too fishing and retirement eventually in THREE LAKES Wi. :tipup: :tipup:

Whaaaat!? Have I been cloned?

First, welcome to the Shanty! Lot's of great folks with broad experience and interesting ideas.

Second, I'm just east of you near Ocon, retired in June and typing this from Three Lakes where I should be residing full time by late this coming year. My frontage is on Rangeline, you gonna be on the water and if so where?

Offline fourgonefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1042 on: Dec 31, 2018, 01:00 PM »
Will be coming up for annual three lakes fisheree. Middle of January.on maple lake. Long part time residents. My mother has permanent residence off big stone. I'm just waiting for retirement.

Offline fourgonefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1043 on: Dec 31, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Esox,
 No the area extremely well, 51 years old and been coming all my life. Grandparents use to own what is now Gutbrods resort. That was when I was a kid.

Offline Otto1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1044 on: Dec 31, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Bayfield County.

.................Otto1

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1045 on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Hi, I'm John, I'm an Ice-O-Holic.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1046 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Thank you John, that is a big first step. Don't forget, there are people here to support you...  ;)2

@ foregonefishn: I fished Maple a couple days ago. Seems like any hole I drop a camera into there's fish: pike, sunnies/gills, perch or crappies. Everything runs on the small side but often I'd have two flags up and a pannie coming on the jig rod at the same time. Pretty good place to build some jigging confidence if you don't yet have it. Might be up there during the fishoree, we'll see.

@Otto1: Welcome to the Shanty! Pull up a bucket and make yourself comfortable. Lots of good info and great folks here. S'funny, when I joined up I wanted "otto" but it was already taken by a guy that had named his dog that. You're "1" so that's good  ;D. Help the rest of us by visiting your profile and entering a location so everyone can get a sense of about where you're at. It makes understanding questions/comments or offering advice better because we know what part of the country/state you're in.

Offline fourgonefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1047 on: Jan 02, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Esox.. Three lakes lions club moved that date 3weeks earlier this year. Just found out the snowmobile derby in eagle river is that weekend. Not too happy about that. TRAFFIC. Hopefully getting 18 through 21st off with permission for out of town. work for local public works department.
 You guys have me itching with those pictures.
 WOW

Offline Mike from Wisconsin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • New to ice fishing, but not to fishing.
« Reply #1048 on: Jan 03, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Hello fellow Wisconsinites.  I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself as i'm new to ice fishing.  This is my 2nd year out on the ice and i'm still learning different bait setups and strategies.  This site has a lot of good information and i'm reading as much as I can. 

I just picked up an old Clam pre-5600 style model and looking forward to getting on the ice as much as I can.  Hope to run into you out on the ice sometime.

-Mike

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1049 on: Jan 03, 2019, 02:53 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Mike! Thanks for checking in, pull up a bucket and get comfortable. There's something here for all skill levels, heck I still learn new stuff here even though I've been at it a few decades.

I'm not too far from you and fish Fowler and Okauchee frequently along with Ashippun, Beaver, Forest and Pine. Otter sled,K-Drill, Polar tippys, black bibs and Ice Shanty beanie... Feel free to introduce yourself if you catch me on the ice. I'm Mike too  ;)2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.