Author Topic: Pineview Conditions  (Read 580 times)

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pineview Conditions
« on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Did a recon trip to PV yesterday 1 Feb.  South facing shorelines not looking good as of yesterday.  Edges very soft up to 10' out.  One older fella busted through.   If it was colder at PV today 2 Feb possibly firmed up a bit.  When I took these pictures it was 10AM Friday 1 Feb and temp in truck was 32* 

Getting on in early AM at these shorelines probably not an issue its coming off later in the day that could be interesting. 

For now I'd recommend going off the north side of cemetery point as shorelines didn't look nearly as bad but no guarantees are implied about not needing waders or planks to include not getting potentially wet.  Again these photos were from yesterday Friday 1 Feb.

Pics from the south side of Cemetery Point:

Folks walking west on south side of Cemetery Point to find safe access:

Pic from north side of Cemetery Point I didn't walk down to ice as I was lazy and didn't want to go down and hike back up the hill:

Pics from south side Browning Point:

Hopefully Mama Nature will bring back colder temps to tighten things up on PV right now shorelines are soft but once out on main ice should be okay plan for slush and water at your fish'n location as a day progresses.  Wouldn't take ATVs or snowmobiles on PV now...wait for it to get colder would be my recommendations for machines.

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pineview Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Thank you k2muskie for the reply and great pictures.  I thought the edges might be soft.  I think we will watch the temps for a week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.