Author Topic: Camofish's fishy trips  (Read 38260 times)

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
Re: Camofish's fishy trips
« Reply #150 on: Mar 11, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Congratulations, on winning the Photo Contest...Whats this the second time in the spotlight???? :D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #151 on: Mar 12, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Whats wrong with  FISHING WITH SHELLY & COURTNEY ON ICE :D
        Jim

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Mar 14, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Whats wrong with  FISHING WITH SHELLY & COURTNEY ON ICE :D

Absolutely Nothing!!!
Follow the bubbles...

camo_fish

« Reply #153 on: Mar 14, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Congratulations, on winning the Photo Contest...Whats this the second time in the spotlight???? :D
Thanks, the print you get for the photo contest is nice and hand-signed. Got to get it framed and it's going on the wall, next to the other deer print and my little 19" brownie caught in a small stream in VA when I was 12 yrs. old.  ;D

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #154 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Can you send the pictures through an e-mail or does it have to go through regular postal mail?

camo_fish

« Reply #155 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Can you send the pictures through an e-mail or does it have to go through regular postal mail?
I sent them thru the US mail. made small color photos to fit 4+ on a piece of paper and I ended up sending about 8 or more photos of open and ice fishing. That way they can use the others during other seasons of fishing. Wish I had hunting pictures like I do fishing ones.   ;D
Fish On!
I'd like to see some of your trout photos and every one else getting into this. The paper is an awesome place to put monster fish pictures.   ;D

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #156 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:14 PM »
I'd like to send a few pics down and take a chance at wining one of those beautiful prints. I got a few pictures of some decent bucks from past years, Most of this years fishing pics are digital. Think they would accept computer prints?

camo_fish

« Reply #157 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I'd like to send a few pics down and take a chance at wining one of those beautiful prints. I got a few pictures of some decent bucks from past years, Most of this years fishing pics are digital. Think they would accept computer prints?
I sent ya a PM.
Good luck and can't wait to see some pictures.  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #158 on: Mar 16, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Camo fish,
               Congratulations! I have been impressed with the fish you have caught this season. Also from your pictures it looks like you don't let the weather bother you. You are very complementary to others. You are good for the sport keep up the good work.

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #159 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:33 AM »
CAMO, you the man bro!!!!
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

camo_fish

« Reply #160 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Camo fish,
               Congratulations! I have been impressed with the fish you have caught this season. Also from your pictures it looks like you don't let the weather bother you. You are very complementary to others. You are good for the sport keep up the good work.
CAMO, you the man bro!!!!
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I love to fish, showing others the trade and help when I can and there is no reason to be pissy and mean. If others are welling to share info, so do I.
Thanks again guys, with a few more week left of ice, hopefully, I'll have a few more pictures.
I plan to get out this Thurs. and/or Fri., so stay tuned.  ;D
Tight lines to all and stay on top!

camo_fish

« Reply #161 on: Mar 17, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Made it out on crappie pond today with fatcrappie. My 4th tipup in, blam-o, before I could clear the snow away from the 5th hole. PICKERAL
Then we got our flags in and started jigging. And blam-o, crappie, and another.  ;D
A few more flags and a few more fish.  :D I ended up caughting a total mix bag of fish today.
pickeral, perch, bass, crappie, and even a nice gill.
WHAT AN AWESOME MORNING, THE BIRDS and THE SUN ARE BACK, SPRING IS NEAR.
Here is a nice pickeral I got.

Fatcrappie was beside himself watching camofish laying crappie on the ice.  ;)
So being the nice guy I am, I let him use my rod and sonar and blam-o, the crappies started coming for him too, the 1st crappies that he's got'en.  ;D WTG bud.  8)
We fish from about 820a-1045a and what a blast, this is what we came home with.  8)

Fish On!
And we got to meet Chainsaw, nice to meet ya, hope everyone fells better, and tight lines tomorrow, where ever you end up.  ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #162 on: Mar 17, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Wow, nice fish!! you've got a phone call buddy :tipup:

camo_fish

« Reply #163 on: Mar 17, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Nice job camo down at crappie pond.  There's crappies in there alright.
Wow, nice fish!! you've got a phone call buddy :tipup:
Think I'll leave the tip-ups home tomorrow  ;) na, got to have 1 or 3 set up.  ;D Don't need 5, heck just 2 gave me about 8 flags and landed 50% of them.  :D
 :tipup: Fish On!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #164 on: Mar 17, 2005, 01:51 PM »
there's some good eatin there camo. That's a good pickeral to.
     Jim

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #165 on: Mar 17, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Nice crappies! How big do they get around there camo?
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

camo_fish

« Reply #166 on: Mar 17, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Nice crappies! How big do they get around there camo?
there's some good eatin there camo. That's a good pickeral to.
 Jim
Yea, just got done filleting 1/2 of the catch.
Those were 10"-11"ers. had to let a few go  :'( they are good eat'in.  :thumbsup:
Thanks guys, will have more tomorrow.  :whistle:

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #167 on: Mar 17, 2005, 03:12 PM »
nice fish there camo!!!!!!  You definately are a fish catching machine. I got a nice laker finally, check out my new album on MFF !!!!!! ;D

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #168 on: Mar 17, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Nice job man! Glad to see you did good on the POND.
Robb :tipup:

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #169 on: Mar 17, 2005, 05:38 PM »
         Camo_fish and fatcrappie were Haulin' today. Sherry's learnin' how to use the Vex and has to get used to that 'Haul 'em out and drop 'em on the ice' technique, but she was fascinated just watching you guys. As soon as you guys left the guy behind us moved right on over there and started haulin' 'em in too.
         We did a catch and release thing today, and Sherry saw her first 'Strawberry' too. When we let 'em go they hung up in the hole for a while. She thinks, as do I, that they are one of the most beautifull fish ever when they hover in suspension. I had to use my ice spoon to push 'em back down to clear the hole.
         She enjoyed the day as much as I did and is cursing work now that the nice weather's back. Many thanks again for the invite. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

camo_fish

« Reply #170 on: Mar 17, 2005, 06:46 PM »
nice fish there camo!!!!!!  You definately are a fish catching machine. I got a nice laker finally, check out my new album on MFF !!!!!! ;D
very nice and some nice pickeral too.  ;D
Nice job man! Glad to see you did good on the POND.
Robb :tipup:
;D Going back in the morning after I drop my son off at preschool.  8)
Camo_fish and fatcrappie were Haulin' today. We did a catch and release thing today, and Sherry saw her first 'Strawberry' too. When we let 'em go they hung up in the hole for a while. She thinks, as do I, that they are one of the most beautifull fish ever when they hover in suspension. I had to use my ice spoon to push 'em back down to clear the hole.
 She enjoyed the day as much as I did and is cursing work now that the nice weather's back. Many thanks again for the invite. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
I thought at guy was going to move right in, :-\ but oh well. Hope they are there again in the morning, and if not, we are going to move over to were you and that other guy were.  ;)
Hope to stay a little longer tomorrow.  ;D 

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #171 on: Mar 17, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Nice job Camo, beautiful fish, those crappies were just stacked up waiting for you this morning, Sweet!!!  :thumbsup:

camo_fish

« Reply #172 on: Mar 18, 2005, 01:32 PM »
Nice job Camo, beautiful fish, those crappies were just stacked up waiting for you this morning, Sweet!!!  :thumbsup:
Not so this morning,  :-\ bruce was hammer'in them when I got there this morning.  :P Had a late start, oh well, still managed to muster up a few for dinner tonight.  ;D Bruce was nice enough to let everyone just fish where ever. What a great guy. He told me, "Fish where ever you what, I'm competing with the fish just like you." And then I said, I heard you moved over here after fatcrappie and I left, I figured as much. And he said, "You figured, right, thanks for showing me where they were."  ;D
See we can all get along on the ice, what great fisherman out there.

Chainsaw was on the ice too this morning again, the fishies today were hard to get.   :-\ 
One more weekend and trout will be open.  ;)
Fish On!

camo_fish

« Reply #173 on: Mar 18, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Still that's not bad at all.  What do you mean by a late start?  9am 11am 12pm ?   Better to be late for fishing than not go fishing at all.  ;)
Got there about 830-900 this morning and fished til about noon.  8)
MMMMMMM Good!

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Mar 18, 2005, 02:04 PM »
        ...and a smokin' great day it was too. The sun was out and you could hear the fish bangin' their heads on the ice just tryin' to bust out. Too bad the little dickenses weren't eatin' what I was tryin' to feed 'em. That Bruce is some catcher. I should hit him up for lessons, eh(?), or impose on the Camo-Master,("...ya gotta keep movin'.")
        I hung for a few more hours, 'till the beer ran out. Just got in the door,(2:40pm), and the crocker's cookin' Corned Beef dinner. After dinner I'll call all the guys who said they'd go anywhere anytime to fish on any ice, to see what their excuses are this weekend. Camo and Fat Crappie gave me enough bait to start for the weekend, 'till I jig up enough Smelt.
        It's always somethin',eh? Job to go to, kids bein' born, can't raise bail, whatever. I gotta start haulin' the twelve foot two by tens and c-clamps to get on over the open water. Good luck to all who are still goin' out. Be carefull out there.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

camo_fish

« Reply #175 on: Mar 18, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Next Thrusday and Friday if I'm going I'll get in touch with ya Chainsaw. What to try your luck for some laker fun, that is if the ice is still around. If not find a little open water some where, only a few more weeks.  ;)
Hay, chainsaw, you got a boat, we'll have to drop my canoe in the water one day or two, and hit the feedin frenzy.  ;D
Good luck this weekend.

camo_fish

« Reply #176 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Well, I think this was my last trip out on the ice and what a fine day it turned out to be. Started out with snow  :o the roads were pretty bad going up this morning to Vet's , got there about 630a and we hit the ice.
I got a 20" laker on the first drop in the hole. No picture,  :-\ thought I would get a few more, but not.  :P
Red got a little 12" laker on his first drop too, and that was the only laker action.
About 10ish we decided to move to a camo spot and look for some perchys.
And we found a few.  ;D

I got about 6 keepers and a lot of dinks.
And here is the guys looking for some perchys.  8)

We all got into a few perch and again fatcrappie, comes over and uses camo's rod and sonar.  ;D Fatcrappie couldn't believe the action he got with camo's stuff.  ::)
Chainsaw got the most flags and fatcrappie for a few perch on tipups too, but most of them came with the jig poles.

Here is the crew, from left to right, fatcrappie, chainsaw, BigRed, and Camofish on the end.  ;D
The sun came out and what a great day to be on the ice with some great guys. What a way to end the ice season, but there may or may not be one more, but I dought it,  :-\ trout season is next week.  ;D
Fish On!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #177 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:20 PM »
what a great time guys, nice to meet you fatcrappie and chainsaw!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #178 on: Mar 25, 2005, 06:06 AM »
       I aint had such a good time since the last time. Fishin' with Camo, Fat Crappie, and BigRedonIce, is a traveling experience. More water was covered to find fish than most folks cover in a season, and find fish we did. Trouble was gettin' 'em up on the ice to greet the beautifull day we had. 8)
       We tried out the Aqua-View to see what was happenin' down there and all I can say is, "...I want one too." Only thing it needs is a better way to 'Steer' the camera, and stablize it, which I have figgured out, and may sell, or trade for bait n' beer.
        Fat Crappie and I stayed in the bay at Vet's Park after Camo and BigRed left and drilled about 60 holes trying to find fish that would bite. We set out tips at top and bottom and got one flag. Fat Crappie was lowering one bait to six feet under the ice when something hit and ripped the bait off. It might have been one of those  'Express' fish I'd been markin' on the Vex. I had something shred the end of one tip line. The bait and the hook were gone and the end of the Yo-Zuri 6# Hybrid line was shredded, but the flag never went off(?). ???
        We could get fish to come up and greet our offerings but no big fish and no takers. We left as the sun touched on the Western treetops and the full moon was cresting the East side of the pond. All in all a great day, and I ended up cleanin' a dozen nice Perch. Thanks Guys. I still aint done yet if'n anybody wants to give it one,(or maybe two), more days try, ping me on IM. ;D

Offline Deposit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm ready for some ice now!!!
« Reply #179 on: Mar 25, 2005, 06:37 AM »
sounds like you had a nice day...what a motly crew LOL, yep Camo trout season is a comming...can't what for my days off
"How like fish we are: ready, nay eager, to seize upon whatever new thing some wind of circumstance shakes down upon the river of time! And how we rue our haste, finding the gilded morsel to contain a hook"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.