New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lindy darter  (Read 1225 times)

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lindy darter
« on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Thinking about buying some lindy darters for perch and for walleye was wondering what size and what color to buy.  Does any body use these and do you like them. Thanks for any input.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lindy darter
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2013, 11:35 AM »

Offline thegoods

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2013, 12:28 PM »
They are like anything else. Sometimes they are the best and sometime they aren't. The smallest ones are lite so tough to get down deep quick when frenzy is going on

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2013, 12:36 PM »
People catch fish on these ???

Got a couple in my box but never put much time into them, seemed to hard to get back down quickly.

Not sure what a paid but pricey little buggers on that site

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2013, 12:48 PM »
I think they are about as good of a lure as they would make as toilet paper. 

Offline thegoods

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Had a day on oneida this year when they outfished jiggn raps 10 to 1 on walleye. Water was murky so the rattle prbly played into it but my buddy sitting 2 ft from me in same hut couldn't keep um off n I couldn't buy a fish. But then I don't think they worked rest of the season. Haha

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2013, 01:21 PM »
I think they are about as good of a lure as they would make as toilet paper.

Ouch!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2013, 01:27 PM »
if you mainly jig for walleyes or large yellow perch, there will be a handfull of times each ice season when they will work really well.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2013, 02:13 PM »
if you mainly jig for walleyes or large yellow perch, there will be a handfull of times each ice season when they will work really well.

I mainly target those but wondering what do they work well for?  Maybe I'd give them a shot on the right water.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2013, 02:31 PM »
when they are feeding on young-of-the-year bluegills and perch.   

specifically when I am looking to weed out smaller perch, when the big perch are being super finnicky, or finnicky evening walleyes. 

One of the lakes I fish out here, the walleyes just have no interest in a spoon and minnow, but will readily take chubby darters.   Also, on a different lake I fish, the big perch and eyes intermingle with the small perch, but the small perch won't attack a chubby like the big perch and eyes do.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Good info, maybe i'll have to give them some time in the water.  I tend to do a lot of switching on the tough days but always pass them up.

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2013, 04:38 PM »
ive had luck with them on ice with some good days but i use them in open water and have better luck

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2013, 02:34 PM »
I use the lindy bug for perch... and had a surprising day with lakers using it too on lg this year.. not on purpose but it worked out pretty well lol thought I had a record perch on never caught a laker before
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2013, 10:59 PM »
IceNeck....So now I know what you were using :tipup: at our gathering....Just kidding, we had a great day at our gathering that day and you have the pics to show for it. You got the lakers, I ended up with the perch. All in all a good day by all.
Dream Catcher

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2013, 07:37 AM »
i used them for the first time this yr and i got my biggest eye at onieda  a 26 incher but it wasnt my biggest all yr though that was 11.3 pds ands its going on the wall!!!!!

Offline Mourning after

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2013, 01:07 PM »
I always have a few rods in shanty ready too go and theres always a lindy flyer on 1... Then I rig 1 with a lindy tungsten big eye perch jig, and 1 with a big eye 8 inches above a lindy spoon...the spoon set up is the ticket most of the time so I'm not giving up colors...but anywho when it comes too perch when I can't get them too hit main set up I'll switch too flyer and that will usually get them going... When that don't work I switch again too the single jig....still no go.  Time too move... I usually don't move very much ounce I find them!   My personal opinion is all the lindy ice stuff I've seen or used is a good choice... The  detail and colors are amazing and I think they defiantly work better than the other brands... I only use a select few baits for perch and they are all lindy...
As far as the flyer it works!!! It has great action... And like anything else 1st presentation.  My opinion again... Is the flyer does get fish too strike and does push those buttons when theres a slow bite..what guys don't like about the flyer is that they catch less fish!!! However the fish they catch are quality. I'm after size not quantity... I'll take 30 big perch over 50 decent fish and 150 throw backs anyway....

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Lol some days its skill others luck thanks tho mike!....
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2013, 02:06 PM »
 They are good for smallmouth bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.