New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392888 times)

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #30 on: Nov 25, 2011, 06:15 AM »
Can't believe the Pond has been relegated back to the fourth page. It has been intersting to read a lot of the threads on the usual items, what gps? what fish finder? what shanty manufaturer? or the north country thread, which has proved most edifying.
    I am insulating the Boggey box for this years adventures and using that 5/8 foil faced product. Hope it holds up. I am glueing it directly to the interior of the sheet metal. Also, last years flaw was the three trap doors I cut in the floor between the two skiis left me exposed to the wind blowing in from underneath and defeating the Mr. Heater. It wasn't a problem if there was enough snow to bank the ends of the shanty, but the windy days would blow the ice clean and leave me exposed again., I devised a cure this year. I have made up 12 X12 well enclosures to slip through the floor to the ice. Hope to tighten things up this year. I think I am getting it set up for some of that night fishing you have been telling me about pondskipper.

Boggey the old timers that taught me to fish had an easy & cheap solution.  Round holes in the floor the size of a 5 gallon bucket,  cut the bottom of the bucket, drill hole in the ice, drop the bucket down over the hole & let it freeze in, chalk the bucket to the floor of them perm.  Problem solved & anytime the spud bar or auger damaged the bucket so what. It was cheap & easy to replace. 

Offline R.K.G.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 25, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Making skirts from canvas or other heavy materials and sewing a hem about 3/4" on the bottom that will hold a piece of conduit or other ballast is another way to keep the wind out of your shack.   They can roll upland snap to the outside of the shack when not needed.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:14 AM »
Well Boggey I should be putting a perm on the pond this yr as well.  I envision spending more time out there.   80-90% of my work this winter is done online & on my laptop.  I already came up with a plan.  Typing right handed & jigging with the left  :whistle:  @) @)  I'm trying to have the coolest office around literally.   

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Hey Boggey, When the ice gets here let me know when your going to pull it out I will give you a hand. Did you get chains for the wheeler this year?

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Did he change the battery? sounds like your battery is shot. Also when I dunked mine the mechanics screwed me over too. They lied to me and told me they changed the oil 5 times. come to find out they changed the oil once and never replaced the filter then they wanted to charge me 380.00 dollars for labor. My not so nice side came out and I talked some sence into them and they took off alot of money. so I did the rest by my self. I have to say that was the second time I sank it and that machine keeps on going. Any way it sounds like something simple with yours. Like a coil or silenoid.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Forgot to tell you capthook88 and I are going to build a shanty also.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Forgot to tell you capthook88 and I are going to build a shanty also.
gps coordinates please when in place ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:50 PM »
He is replacing the carburetor. Found one on craigslist. Can't have an undependable machine on the ice. What size is the shanty going to be? I've got some jealousy windows if you want them. I also have some down hill skiis if you need them for runners.
5' wide by 8' long. We are still in the planning process.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:51 PM »
gps coordinates please when in place ;D
Im in the process of selling my gps markers. bidding starts at $50.00 or I will take a beer!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2011, 05:57 AM »
I have to say a honey hole in the pond is where the fish are.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #40 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:35 AM »
That is the problem when you have a shanty. Everyone knows where your honey  hole is. Uou will have to learn how to misdirect them.
Jim, I hope you got my message on the answering machine and I will be bringin some stuff up to camp this weekend FOR SURE ! Hope to see you up there it will be sunday morning as I have to finish my job on Sat . but hope to have enough backer board and thinset for the bathroom floor  ;D Ps I took Harold up a few weeks back and we walked out back to the golden rod field . Didnt see any deer but did find a bit of sign . Got some new stuff commin from the Mrs. for Xmas that will give us a edge for the king of the pond  ;D Lisa says hello handsome  ;)

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Boys, I'm starting to get the itch. I have about a week and a half left of work for the year and then my attention goes to those tasty little guys under the ice. Cant wait to get back on the ice with all of you especially yoda I mean Boggey. On a off note anybody have any suggestions for a light one man. I'm really getting sick of lugging out the heavy two man by myself.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Boys, I'm starting to get the itch. I have about a week and a half left of work for the year and then my attention goes to those tasty little guys under the ice. Cant wait to get back on the ice with all of you especially yoda I mean Boggey. On a off note anybody have any suggestions for a light one man. I'm really getting sick of lugging out the heavy two man by myself.
ya buy a new one like i did and get rid of the boat anchor 2 man :) ;D

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I have a scout. It's a clam one man. I love it. It's got the sliding seat and pulls easy. Are any of you guys going to gander ice show Saturday? I will be there early. Hope to see you guys there.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Drowndin Dots, Cuzz and I are going to give it one real good day today, neither of us have any venison in the larder yet. And a side note to Pondskipper, that 17th start date is not looking good after checking out the forcast for the next week, however  it can be done. 4 nights of 20 or below with temps below 30 in the daylight hours could get us there, but would not bet the house on it at this moment.
I will be on the ice the 19th. The cold weather is coming boys. The temps are going to be in the twenties at night. Here we go!!!!!  :icefish: :icefish:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:13 PM »

I love you're positive thinking  ;D

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:11 AM »

I love you're positive thinking  ;D

Me to. Last year I was on the pond when people were still deer hunting.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:18 AM »

Cusefan I went with a few other people thoughts and got the Kenai, I love everything but the seat. I replaced mine with a boat seat. Easy to pull and more than enought space
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Cusefan I went with a few other people thoughts and got the Kenai, I love everything but the seat. I replaced mine with a boat seat. Easy to pull and more than enought space
take a picture of what you did with your seat please. i want to do something with mine also because it did not come with a back rest. that was the only thing i did not like about it but planned to modify something ;D

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:56 PM »
take a picture of what you did with your seat please. i want to do something with mine also because it did not come with a back rest. that was the only thing i did not like about it but planned to modify something ;D

I took and mounted a boat seat from my duck boat in there. If I remember when I get home I'll take a pic. I belive the bolts lines up perfectly. It was recommended by a person at Gander.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:10 PM »

You need a backrest?  For someone of your size I'd imagine a 2x2 screwed to the seat would work, if not you could always go big & turn a 2x4 on end.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:22 PM »
great Bacon Grease is back ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 06, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Never left, and it's  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:  TIME!!!!!!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:46 PM »
dec19th!!!!!!!!! :icefish:

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 07, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Pondskipper. I'll be there hopefully first thing.

Thanks for all the advice on the shantys

Boggey I'm in for the tourney and it's no fluke. I'm going for two In a row.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Well taking in account my vast knowledge I have aquired over the........ Year. I was on the ice later then I have ever been, last year December 10th.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 08, 2011, 11:29 AM »
I will give the tourny a good college try. captin88 and I will be partners. I aint braggn but its a dangerous combo!  :flex:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 08, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I will give the tourny a good college try. captin88 and I will be partners. I aint braggn but its a dangerous combo!  :flex:
If you hit the perch like me and you did that day last year you will be doing nothing but bragging. that was an awesome day we had ;D @)

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:44 AM »
If you hit the perch like me and you did that day last year you will be doing nothing but bragging. that was an awesome day we had ;D @)
That was a good day. I wonder if this warm weather will help us or hurt us. I say this because I remember a while back we had a warm start and later that season the fishing was some of the best i ever seen.

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:17 AM »
look at u guys your like little kids waiting  for ice  ;D not going to happen till jan this year
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.