New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NEW Oneida Lake " non-complainers " BS thread  (Read 121469 times)

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEW Oneida Lake " non-complainers " BS thread
« Reply #60 on: Jan 09, 2010, 04:13 PM »
just saw guy on a sled out about two miles going east to west had to be just south of the channel, cant think that safe but it ant me, ill try the sled early next week 

Offline Ice Dog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Fished today and saw two sleds cross into lakeport. When coming off the ice at 5:30pm there were four sleds riding the channel all the way from Lewis past the island.

I think they are nuts. There is not that much ice!  ???

Offline icedd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Sounds like you guys should head down here. We have ice on all lakes now. Going after crappie friday. I have yet to get a crappie thru the ice.
try tipdowns for the crappies been poundin them

Offline dcosto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 10, 2010, 06:27 AM »
good morning folks, I'm new to fishing oneida. is oneida shores park a good place to access the lake for ice fishing? is the parking lot plowed, and do they charge to park? thanks for any info. dave

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 10, 2010, 06:46 AM »
good morning folks, I'm new to fishing oneida. is oneida shores park a good place to access the lake for ice fishing? is the parking lot plowed, and do they charge to park? thanks for any info. dave
Dave.
   No charge for parking at Oneida Shore in the winter.    Fishing can be hit or miss but there's always some action just west of the launch where you walk out.   On years with good weed growth, it's good !  Sparse weeds mean there's some searching to do but big sunfish and perch are in the area.  Occasional walleye and many pickerel.

PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:01 AM »
hey Ice Addict give me a call when you come up , and remember the 2 rules on beer first free then cold thats ricks rule  :thumbsup:

Will do Filet!!  I'll be there Friday! CAN'T WAIT!!!! Sounds like the conditions have really come together!   Got Ricky a fresh case of PBR's for his live well!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline The River Rat

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Just an FYI.
Saturday night 1/16/10 is the 2nd seminar by Maki Plastics here at The River Rat Tackle Shop. The seminar will start at 630 pm and is free and open to the public.
Also the 1st Annual "Freeze your RAT off" Ice Fishing Derby is this weekend the 16th & 17th. You need to have your tickets by 7am saturday morning to be eligable.

Thanks
Matt the Fish
Matt and Mandy, owners of th American Dream.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:25 PM »
HAY RAT WHAT R U GIVING PRIZES FOR PERCH WALLEYE BOTH, MAY HAVE TO STOP IN TO GET TICKET ALSO CAN I PICK UP ONE FOR A FRIEND OR DO THEY NEED TO GET IT THEM SELFS

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #68 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:38 PM »
ya snagger we are waiting for your fair and balanced report as fox net work says  ;D

Offline Fridge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Check out my BIG FATTY!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:10 PM »
HAY RAT WHAT R U GIVING PRIZES FOR PERCH WALLEYE BOTH, MAY HAVE TO STOP IN TO GET TICKET ALSO CAN I PICK UP ONE FOR A FRIEND OR DO THEY NEED TO GET IT THEM SELFS

I hope I'm the friend you are referring to......I want in!
My name is Fridge.........and I'm a hard water addict! 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Will do Filet!!  I'll be there Friday! CAN'T WAIT!!!! Sounds like the conditions have really come together!   Got Ricky a fresh case of PBR's for his live well!
   Stay a couple extra days, long range models are looking a little mild.... >:(
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:39 AM »
Anybody take a sled out on the main lake yet. I'm talking ice fishermen..not those idiots burning across 100mph.  Wondering if there's enough ice off Chapmans to head off shore? Hoping to fish Friday evening...the suspense is killing me! That ice was a little scary last Friday.  Lake is taking it's time setting up this year.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:51 AM »
not yet chapmans ice is not that thick might be by friday

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Thanks Kchamp.  It always takes about 2 weeks longer than I think it should.  Maybe this upcomming warm spell will pack that fluff down and help it freeze? 

Offline The River Rat

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Guys.
You can buy multiple tickets for friends, they just have to show it to enter a fish. We are going to take 100% of the entry money and divide it into three and if we have enough entries wewill pay three places for each division 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd and 20% for third. We have merchandise that has been donated for door prizes which you also need your entry ticket for and we will have a 50/50 raffle. all the prizes are awarded on sunday afternoon.
Thanks
Matt
Matt and Mandy, owners of th American Dream.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Thanks Kchamp.  It always takes about 2 weeks longer than I think it should.  Maybe this upcomming warm spell will pack that fluff down and help it freeze? 
     Hey Slammy can you fish sometime this week??  Now that you fish with your brother, you never call me.. :'(

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #76 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:48 AM »
went out of williams this morning
first thing 2 nice perch then another after 15min..thought it was going to be hot ...then a f'n burbot and a pickerel
the wind picked up and never had a hit after
ice was decent...first spot we hit was 6-7 in black, inch or so of white
went a little shallower and ice was 6 in and mostly white...going to be a tough late ice on onieda, seen a few machines out there today
good luck to all

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:39 PM »
ya snagger we are waiting for your fair and balanced report as fox net work says  ;D
  I'm waiting for the Filet Report... :unsure:               

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #78 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Hello Folks,
Do I need 8 posts before I start receiving notifications of replies to this thread??? ???
Wayne W.

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:51 AM »
     Hey Slammy can you fish sometime this week??  Now that you fish with your brother, you never call me.. :'(
I must have missed the phone call when you guys went out of Willaims  :afro:?
I have to take my brother, he needs to get out of the house. After what happened to Jamie's brother I realized that I need to make an effort to take my own brother. I'm fishing Friday afternoon. Kaz is supposed to meet me at 12:00 then we need to get bait etc.. so we will be getting out around 1:00 hopefully. I'll give you a call.  Hoping to run the sled but we'll see what the ice looks like. It was 8 at my place this morning and 24 by the time I got to work in Syracuse, looks like the warmer air is comming!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:48 AM »
Don't know what it's like there right now, but here in The Buffalo area the wind is CRANKING!!!!! :o
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Don't know what it's like there right now, but here in The Buffalo area the wind is CRANKING!!!!! :o

I am in Geneseo and it calm out hopefully that wind is blowing away from us.....You can keep all that snow!
;

Offline bigdip

• IceShanty Rookie
  • any beer down there?
« Reply #82 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:39 PM »
ok guys.....I know this may be to much to ask.......but where the heck is this Williams place? I read that and Chapman park a lot,I have fished big bay,Constantia,Lewis pt.Would love to have a few new places to explore,being that I'm a "dragger" for awhile, would love to find a few short walks.Have been out of hardwater fishing for quite some time,parking and other things have change quite a bit.I still remember the days of parking on side of the road and taking my kids sled out with a 6" hand auger,jiggin'stick and a bucket.

Oh how things have changed :(

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:04 PM »
ok guys.....I know this may be to much to ask.......but where the heck is this Williams place? I read that and Chapman park a lot,I have fished big bay,Constantia,Lewis pt.Would love to have a few new places to explore,being that I'm a "dragger" for awhile, would love to find a few short walks.Have been out of hardwater fishing for quite some time,parking and other things have change quite a bit.I still remember the days of parking on side of the road and taking my kids sled out with a 6" hand auger,jiggin'stick and a bucket.

Oh how things have changed :(

Williams Park is on the South Shore in Cicero on Lakeshore Road. If you go to Gander Mnt takethe way out behind the store. When you come to the end and see the school make a left. Williams Park is down quite a bit to the left. you can't miss it.

Offline bigdip

• IceShanty Rookie
  • any beer down there?
« Reply #84 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:11 PM »
thanks Spikehorn...will take a look......getting addicted all over again.........seems a little more hmmmmm how would I say it.....COSTLY    lol.....

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:52 PM »
   Give me a call when you get here....

Offline gatorman#1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:56 PM »
   Give me a call when you get here....
good luck fishing snagger it's bill how long is your fishing pal dom up for.best get as many fish as you can before the meatball gets there,because once he gets there its all over.
i wish the ice would stay around all year

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:18 AM »
Just an FYI.
Saturday night 1/16/10 is the 2nd seminar by Maki Plastics here at The River Rat Tackle Shop. The seminar will start at 630 pm and is free and open to the public.
Also the 1st Annual "Freeze your RAT off" Ice Fishing Derby is this weekend the 16th & 17th. You need to have your tickets by 7am saturday morning to be eligable.

Thanks
Matt the Fish
Thax for the advice last night about the polomar knot i did verry well last night on bb , well for me any way the little white ones were the ticket i fished them about 18 inches off the bottom and dropped some spikes in the hole and got a dozen nice seeds !!

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Thax for the advice last night about the polomar knot i did verry well last night on bb , well for me any way the little white ones were the ticket i fished them about 18 inches off the bottom and dropped some spikes in the hole and got a dozen nice seeds !!
IF YOU DONT MIND COULD YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THE POLOMAR KNOT? IM A CONSTSANT BB FISHERMAN AND VERY SELDOM DO I GO ANYWHERE ELSE SO ANY NEW TIPS AND POINTERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! IF YOU WANT I CAN GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF MY SECRETS FOR THE SAME AREA!

KEEP ON JIGGIN'!!!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #89 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:39 AM »
IF YOU DONT MIND COULD YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THE POLOMAR KNOT? IM A CONSTSANT BB FISHERMAN AND VERY SELDOM DO I GO ANYWHERE ELSE SO ANY NEW TIPS AND POINTERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! IF YOU WANT I CAN GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF MY SECRETS FOR THE SAME AREA!

KEEP ON JIGGIN'!!!
i read an article in fisherman mag about drop shotting with plastics useing the polomar knot and rubber baits so i asked matt bout them and he showed me the hooks and the baits also tyed the knot for me witch was key but i did a google search when i got homeand it helped too . what i found works is to use two rods one drop shotting and one pounding with a catty jig to attract the fish and more times than not ill see them on my flasher and then they hit the shrimp on the drop shot both red and white have caught fish for me in two outtings.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.