Author Topic: Ice fishing gloves refined  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice fishing gloves refined
« on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:04 PM »
So I have bought too many ice fishing gloves both expensive and cheap in the search for the ultimate in function and comfort.  For me I have settled on a system that is very economical (for the temperature range covered) and very comfortgable at the same time.  I use thin knit latex mechanics gloves when I am drilling holes and setting up.  If it is really cold I will wear a pair of nitrile/latex gloves underneath the mechanics gloves.  I wear the thin mechanics gloves because the latex part keeps your fingers dry yet you can still tie 4lb test line on a # 8 hook.  If it is warm I will just wear the mechanics gloves all day changing them out when they get wet.  They are light weight and cheap so you can carry a couple pair, no problem.  If it is colder I will change my gloves after I have finished drilling holes and setting up.  Then I switch over to wool fingerless gloves and rubber/fleece artic mits.  This combination allows for you to keep your hands dry and warm until you get a flag or need to reel then you just shake your hand and the mit slide off that hand on it's own and you still have the wool fingerless gloves to keep you warm while you fight the fish.  If it is really cold you can put hand warmers in the mits.  The combination of the wool fingerless and the loose, windproof/waterproof fleece mits are incredibly warm.   In addition to the funtion I consider this system to have great value,  pennies for the nitrile gloves, $6 for the mechanics, $10 fingerless wool gloves,  $25 for the artic mits.  Make sure that the mechanics gloves are supple enough to tie on hooks.  The pair pictured are from boss.  The are not the boss artic winter gloves as they are too thick to tie hooks with. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.