New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091968 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Holehawg, any info as to a date for the Highland tourney??

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ok guys, frankie and y-o are in, and rob will probably go. maybe a few more. saturday, huntington? seems to be where these guys want to go. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley... i'm open to any lake next weekend....topher i'll check out the date of the highland tourney....real cold up this way...everything is iced up ....tuesday or wendsday i'm gonna hit huntington or highland to kick off the season... ;D ;D ;D...joined pooley and the big bait bucket club. ;)...paided my 70.00 bucks for non resident fishing lics. ::)..i have a favor to ask of the ny voters...vote these knuckle heads out please...... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Highland is solid just got back has 6-7 inches and it is suppose to be coldddd all week
thanks paul...saved me a scouting trip....have ya heard the date of the sand beach / hunting club ice fishing  contest ???????? been reading the river reporter and checking out the narrowsburg sport shop window but havent seen the ad.... :-\

Offline jsubeh

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone know if sturgon pool in rifton has ice and if so how much? thanks

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
We,re never gonna change the price of anything going up ,Icurrently fish in NJ NY PA AND VT IT DOES GET EXPENSIVE ,but think of the good times and friends you come across in the coarse of that license year and average it by the day it's all worth it .I'm a NJ resident and it just cost me $120. as a resident to fish and hunt and I'll hunt NY and possibly VT and if I get nothing it was still worth the time  and memories .
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley... i'm open to any lake next weekend....topher i'll check out the date of the highland tourney....real cold up this way...everything is iced up ....tuesday or wendsday i'm gonna hit huntington or highland to kick off the season... ;D ;D ;D...joined pooley and the big bait bucket club. ;)...paided my 70.00 bucks for non resident fishing lics. ::)..i have a favor to ask of the ny voters...vote these knuckle heads out please...... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NY had to raise the price of everything. Our dimwit governor needed a new bullet proof limo and had to double the size of his security detail! Obama doesn't like him!

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
didnt mean to start anything.... was cracking a joke.... ;) ;D...but i do think 70 bucks to fish is alittle steep...i throw back 95 %of my fish soo i'm fishing for the fun and to see the gang.... :)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My Resident went from $19 to $29 and the Sportsman went from $34 to $47.

I'll bet they will cut back on the fish stocking programs now.

Gary

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
didnt mean to start anything.... was cracking a joke.... ;) ;D...but i do think 70 bucks to fish is alittle steep...i throw back 95 %of my fish soo i'm fishing for the fun and to see the gang.... :)

guess we will have to start keeping everything to get our money's worth... ;)

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular

Hey topher, you may be closer to the truth than you realize. If this economy continues to tank we all are going to keep everything we catch,
shoot or runover with the truck!!!
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys.....just wanted to let ya know I was heading up to Big Pond with a buddie of mine.  Anyone who wants to meet up is welcome.

How is the fishing on Big Pond? Any decent perch in there?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yes! Perch, Crappie, Pickerel and trout but I would never say it is great fishing.

Seems like the fish have a schedule on when they eat and if you happen to be there it can be great. There are many days up there when Skunk is the order for the entire day.

White lake has a good supply of nice perch and is usually a bit more productive.

Gary

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey topher, you may be closer to the truth than you realize. If this economy continues to tank we all are going to keep everything we catch,
shoot or runover with the truck!!!
what he said....... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ....tad breezy over here in beach lake pa..... ::)....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
same here with the breeze....glad I decided to work on the house instead of fish...needed a tank of propane for the buddy heater anyways....almost done though guys...gonna have to lobby with TFB about next weekend though...any help would be great  ;D ;)

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Thats what I do in PA Topher....I'm a NY resident and my PA licence costs me over $70....with the lake erie trout/salmon permit.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yes! Perch, Crappie, Pickerel and trout but I would never say it is great fishing.

Seems like the fish have a schedule on when they eat and if you happen to be there it can be great. There are many days up there when Skunk is the order for the entire day.

White lake has a good supply of nice perch and is usually a bit more productive.

Gary

Thanks. A lot of places seem to fish like that. Feast or famine. I usually head to Swinging Bridge and fish into the night for walleye when I'm down by White Lake. It's kind of an addiction.

Are there really Pike in White Lake?

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
How is the fishing on Big Pond? Any decent perch in there?
Yesterday was not a good day on Big pond.  1 small trout and a few flags.....otherwise we had the wind from HELL.....lol   It was slow for everyone I think.....didnt see alot of action anywhere.  Also spoke with a local and he said the state stocked all small trout under 12" in there.  On the way back I stopped by swinging bridge res.  There was a green shanty out there....but the edges looked sketcky with water comming through the snow and the water is down probably 8-10 feet.  Spoke to a ranger there and he told me that they were catching alot of perch and crappie on morningside....said he even saw a guy with a keeper walleye.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We are having a heat wave over here. Temp just went up to 12* for the first time all day. Been snowing horizontal since last night and one place I am glad to not be at is on the ice.

I never mind the cold with the shanty and heater but I hate the wind and would really rather just stay home and deal with grumpy.

Safe to say we should have some great ice by thursday when the wind gets out of here.

Gary

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I never heard of Pike in White Lake but I know there are some nice Lakers and Trout that rarely ever get caught in hard water.

A few guys came down last year from Otsego and tried to figure out how to get the Lakers. They went home skunked just like I normally do.

I am real close to Swinging Bridge but never fish there because all I like is trout.

Gary

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
same here with the breeze....glad I decided to work on the house instead of fish...needed a tank of propane for the buddy heater anyways....almost done though guys...gonna have to lobby with TFB about next weekend though...any help would be great  ;D ;)
tell her if she doesnt let you go... all your shanty buddys are going to start stopping by for beer and dinner every sat.    ;) ;D...worked on my blondzilla....she cant stand the hunting club guys.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: she begs me to leave for camp.... ;) ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Hmmm... I love how the women always get blamed.. ::)

Topher was just too much of a wuss to brave the wind and cold today.... don't let him fool ya.

And Holehawg... ya'll are invited for dinner any Sat you want... you guys bring the beer and food... and Topher will cook it for ya while I go shopping  :clap: I think you guys are great... after all you keep him out of my hair all winter (he gets very bored and grouchy.... I encourage him leaving the house)!

And for the record.. I didn't tell him he couldn't go fishin' ....I simply told him I'm not bringing the baby home until she has a bedroom to sleep in. I can find a hotel.....
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hmmmmmmm.... ;) ;D.......kegger at tophers.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it may turn into a "finish the kitchen" keggar @ Tophers...the nursery should be ready to move baby stuff into by this weekend...just gotta bust my butt and get to work..

I do have a bottle of Berentzen ready to be opened....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Oohhhhh! Schnapps!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
same stuff from the gathering...found it at the local liquor joint a couple weeks later....gonna taste good...not nearly as good as that Special Pooley Brandy though   ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
same stuff from the gathering...found it at the local liquor joint a couple weeks later....gonna taste good...not nearly as good as that Special Pooley Brandy though   ;)
i still have a bit left. ;)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Did you guys win Pooley?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
It must have been Doon's toast from the other night that motivated you guys! :wacko: :wacko: :sick:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.