New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091980 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
great minds think alike i was thinking maybe sunday...just to check the ice and hunting trailer... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
if you see the Danger Ranger there, you'll know its me (back window sticker) ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
and if you see a guy with just his head sticking out of the ice you'll know its me.... ;)2 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you wouldn't want to set a time...so that there isn't any chance of that do you?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wish i could.... but blondzillas off this weekend so i dont know whats in store for me..... ::) once santa comes ..i'm free ..... ;) ;D i'm gonna shoot for ride up around noon... :-\

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gassed up the old jiffy yesterday, started on the third pull, just needed one small adjustment to the carb, it was running a little too rich. Wish every engine I own ran that good
and was that easy to work on! Charger the battery on the vexilar last week, man I'm ready. Was 5 degres this AM, lake is about ready and now they're calling for snow, hope we are far enough west to miss most of it. Put the plow on the
truck just in case.
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
any time ya wanna go out with us guys ring me up nieghbor.. ;D..did you shoot that nice buck that i watched all summer just down the road from you..??????????????
  I appreciate the offer and will be taking ya up on that !! If its the buck i think you are thinkin of no it was shot in bow season.the wife got a doe and my youngest got his first buck got them all in the freezer now just waiting on blackpowder season ;D itching to drill some holes though.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Posting from my blackberry
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  I appreciate the offer and will be taking ya up on that !! If its the buck i think you are thinkin of no it was shot in bow season.the wife got a doe and my youngest got his first buck got them all in the freezer now just waiting on blackpowder season ;D itching to drill some holes though.
congrats on the youngsters first buck... :thumbsup: getting the itch to get out there myself....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Have to watch the weather...we gonna get dumped on or not  ??? if we do, I won't be able to get down to Lower....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we're wondering too. i hope we get nothing!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
Have to watch the weather...we gonna get dumped on or not  ??? if we do, I won't be able to get down to Lower....
  The wife has friends coming over Sunday to do some baking so i might just take a ride to lower woods and check it out .Might need the fresh air.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  The wife has friends coming over Sunday to do some baking so i might just take a ride to lower woods and check it out .Might need the fresh air.

fresh air is always a good thing  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
not sure..but i'm guessing around a 3 to 6 ...nothing to get nervous about...jiffy is running well...gear is ready...i pumped up..its on... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Danger Ranger's got 2 wheel drive....and knowing the road up to the lake, it's never fun with snow on the road...

report today that Belmont has 2-3 200yds out from the launch...if thats the case, I was fishing Lower Woods on 4-5" when Belmont was just skim ice last year.....will have jigging stuff in the truck tomorrow, but no tip ups due to the fact that I have no bait....will for next weekend though  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
my weather man drinks ...i dont think its gonna be that bad... ;) ;D...besides..just wait a week and we can all meet on lake huntington or highland.....gonna ask me brother if he cares if we use the trailer...(its 1 mile from lower woods...)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
huntington? :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if I happen to get a NY license by then I can go....I knew I forgot something ::)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i gotta get my ny license too...70 bucks.... :o :o :o...hope santa brings me my gandermountain gift cards... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
huntington? :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
thats what i've been dreaming of..... ;D ;D ;D plus now that me and topher have to defend our second place finishes at highland tourney.... much scouting has to be done again.. ;) ;D...you guys gotta try to make that one... :)

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Ya think i would remember to get that every year  when i get my NY hunting licence .

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
depending on how many times I fish NY, I may just get 1 day licenses for each time...that's 5 times to go out that way...once for Highland  ;) and 3 for Huntington  ;) and 1 for Otisco ...I usually don't fish open water in NY though on waters that require a NY license

Offline Kildato

• IceShanty Rookie
Topher's headin' down to Lower Woods quarter after 11. I think he's gone nuts.  :-\
consciousness [kon-shuhs-nis] - 'That annoying time between naps'

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
he's just dealing with his addiction! :P

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well went to lake huntington to check on the ice...close but no cigar...heres the pics ...still open water in the middle and our frav. corner is wet and sloppy...                       

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Topher's headin' down to Lower Woods quarter after 11. I think he's gone nuts.  :-\
after seeing lake huntington i hope he dosent get his feet wet kidato... ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: i think the bigger lakes will need another week... :unsure: :icefish: :unsure: i think i'll wait til after x-mass....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ya think i would remember to get that every year  when i get my NY hunting licence .
yeah...i still mess up that part... ;D  that new holland was moving some snow this morning... ;) ;D i rode by the lake on the road behind your house ...where it looks like there was a camp years ago...been trying to see if anyones around there...i'd like to ask permission to ice fish it....no luck so far...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lower is good, 5" black ice....so black that the north end looks open...I only fished the flat...1 nice sized perch  ;D  also checked and fished Long Pond...4-5" black ice there as well...some sniffers and some hits there, but no fish :(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sounds promising guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.