New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092973 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
those 2 jetskis are docked by the gazebo..we fished there too..shallow water about 2-3' and weedy, but not like standup weeds, like pond scum....lots of panfish beds over there..

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mind you, I'm no Picasso, but see if this works for yous guys and gals.. :)

I can email larger pics of this if needed just PM me..

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
good map topher

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
yepper i know the cedar rapids bar ....you crossed at the lackawaxen / minnasinkford bridge.....not far from me ...20 minutes....next time give me a buzz...me and the blondzilla will meet ya guys..... :thumbsup:...if ya think i'm nuts wait til ya hear her... ;)2 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Yes we will Joe,we didn't know we were going to end up in that area,but I will get your # for the next time,it will be good to see ya :thumbsup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'll get the first round... ;)2..be good to catch up with you guys... :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
great job on the map topher!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah,Topher,good job,it will come in handy ice fishing  :thumbsup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher ya may have a future with the DEC...thats better than 1/2 their maps.... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
or at least modifying theirs ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the only thing i see ya left out was that 'ghost walleye ' on the fish chart.... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My fishfinder isn't one of those fancy ones so I somehow did not mark anything on the bottom even with the 4x zoom.....and i didn't get over in that corner, afeared of the weeds clogging up the prop blades...Its there I tell ya....I know it ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
knowing the crew thats lives around the lake i wouldnt be surpised if a wally or 2 some how fell into the lake....heck... thanks to some folks pike are once again natives of sullivan county.... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I heard about that...only 2 in the lake though..... ::)

BTW, no suckers available from any of my local bait dealers, say that they don't keep well in the summertime and they get soft...I got 1 more call to make though before we give up.....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if thats the case i'll stick a bait trap in the river...the d's loaded with carp and suckers...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
called in a place as a last resort....left you a message on your answering machine ;) probably cheaper with the bait trap in the river.... ;D but not necessarily needed.....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ahhhhh....i never heard the phone ring...too busy wandering around on this site.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: mighty dark and thundery over this way....looks like we'll git that much needed rain this afternoon.... ::) ::) ::) i'm gonna need a life jacket to get to the mail box... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dunno if I would call it much needed...but we are getting it whether or not we want it...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
from the look of the weather map ..we's got 3 days of  it coming...the d's starting to look like the Mississippi....gotta go move the canoe to higher ground..... :flex: got your phone message...sounds like he'll be our connection on this falls big fish adventure.... ;) ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Evening all just wanted to inform everyone that there is a soft cover book published yearly that covers fishing in South East New York. That maps are rather crude but give you a starting point. Dick's and probably Gander mountain sell the book. Title is Southern New York Fishing Directory. (with the current year in front of name )

Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time will tell.....the only thing is that we will have to plan it instead of a spur of the moment deal....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper ...i understand .... ;) ;D...ahhh geeze ...more rain....just what we need... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rain, what's that???? come on up the weather's great ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys, if anyone hears or knows of a power auger for sale relatively inexpensive, let me know...I'm in the market for one :)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher...do ya get the "paper shop " weekly paper up ya way...they always have some good buys in the hunting /fishing section...plus i think ya can view on line too....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
craigslist has a jiffy STX that needs blades for 165..its like 2 years old...its right at the top of my available price range...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
craigslist has a jiffy STX that needs blades for 165..its like 2 years old...its right at the top of my available price range...
i got the stx pro in a 8 inch...works just fine...blades on mine are 3 years old....i dont know what these folks are drilling into..if ya keep it out of the sand and the muck and dont drill thru tree stumps the blades will last..... ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i would be in the market too, if i was working! :-\
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I recall another birthday on the horizon...is there a date set Holehawg? I remember you saying something about a bash at " The Compound" a few pages back... ???

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I recall another birthday on the horizon...is there a date set Holehawg? I remember you saying something about a bash at " The Compound" a few pages back... ???
i seem to remember that! ::)

oh yeah! pictures. we had rain on our 2 mountain high peak hike. no good views. :-\
paradox lake.

cascade mountain, 5 brothers, 2 nephews.

porter mountain.

northwest from porter.

hanging bog in the alpine zone.

creeping dogwood (cornus canadensis) in the alpine zone.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree...reminds me almost of my childhood on the mountain behind my house...and kinda like where I live now..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.