New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093081 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
pooley... did you get the email about the city slickers who found the cat and put the poster up so they could locate the owners?

(Image removed from quote.)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

yup, i've seen that. we have lots of opposums here. we usually see them as 'road pizza'!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
better not show Frankie that Cat pic...on second thought maybe he should see it.....Goin down to the local creek that I pass by on the way home from work, as they have stocked it again today....no fly rod this time, as there is no room to be able to use it effectively..one last shot at trout for a while..
i can see franki with his gamo... ;)....is he still wing shooting the geese down there pooly... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I tried everything I know to try to catch trout..at least I tried everything I have ever used that I had with me...first spot--1 bite, no fish..fished there 2+ hours..moved onto another spot about a mile upstream...ended up throwing a 1/12th oz gold Kastmaster and slow retrieve through the faster moving water----I have a new second favorite lure for trout (1st is anything fly related)  10 minutes and a limit later...5 beautiful rainbows were in the back of the truck and I was on my way home.....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
frankie is always on patrol!

glad to know that lure works for trout too! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley, here's a little piece of info to keep in mind for next season.......3-6' in 15-20' of water ;)  lil birdie told me that.....any deeper with the bait and in any deeper water you might as well jig...or no trout. ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
pooley, here's a little piece of info to keep in mind for next season.......3-6' in 15-20' of water ;)  lil birdie told me that.....any deeper with the bait and in any deeper water you might as well jig...or no trout. ;)
that's good info. i only fish the top of the water column for trout.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, to keep with an ice fishing theme...I just ordered my other 3 heritage lakers..at 19.99 each, I think I couldn't go wrong...I already got line for them last season so all I need now is them to show up and spool them and get some ice ;)

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
just making a point... I've been up since 5:45 asking Topher to get his butt out of bed so we could go fishing

I'm playing word games on the computer... while he's still in bed  ::)... he says it's going to RAIN... like that's ever stopped us before... wimp  :%$#!:
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
just making a point... I've been up since 5:45 asking Topher to get his butt out of bed so we could go fishing

I'm playing word games on the computer... while he's still in bed  ::)... he says it's going to RAIN... like that's ever stopped us before... wimp  :%$#!:
well, is he out of bed yet? ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
all this dang rain is killing my weekend roof job..... ::)...havn't done much fishing ...but brought a new pistol.. a ruger mark 3 22. cal with a bull barrel  (i got a cat problem around here ... ;)..see frankie   )....plus the game comiss told us they released a 575 lb yogie next to our hunting camp.....hope he sticks around.... ;D   try bribing topher with out door products tfb...thats what my blondzilla does with me ...... :laugh:

• IceShanty Rookie
He just got up about 10 mins ago... too late to head out now... by the time we get the boat loaded and get anywhere.. the storm is supposed to be rolling in...  >:(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the rain is killing my mountain biking plans! :%$#!:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just about every dang weekend its rained....... ::)....thank god i can shoot off the camp porch.... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
found the Berentzen at the local state store...ahh the memories when the bottle was opened....oh and found a pack of those tiny bobbers for tip ups... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
found the Berentzen at the local state store...ahh the memories when the bottle was opened....oh and found a pack of those tiny bobbers for tip ups... ;D
the state stores selling ice bobbers ??????????? i'd like to see just how much of that bottle is left...... ;) :laugh: even yo has never cliamed to buy bobbers in a state store... ::) :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
believe it or not, the local hardware store has a decent fishing section--all the stuff they carry is from Bass Pro..i was surprised to find the bobbers there..as far as the bottle, I only took a little bit...my belly was already pretty warm.. ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
better hide it good or them suffern boys / tfb will sniff it out....that dang pooley has a nose for booze.... ;) hmmmm... i could use a taste of john barley corn myself right now..... ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hey topher, i need your address. i....ummmm..... need to send you something! ::) ::) ::) :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
BTW, we miss you guys! we need a delaware trip soon!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper ...its getting time for a gathering again..... :) mighty boring without ice and hunting camp right now...work ..work ...work..mow lawn ..etc.... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey topher, i need your address. i....ummmm..... need to send you something!

???  ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i see if i can get a date figured out on my end, and we'll take it from there.

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Topher... Missy and Leon came to get his haircut and even though he was still sick.. she made him dig out hostas anyway...poor guy... :roflmao: ...from the steps to the salon sign... GONE!!! Filled the entire bed of his pickup. By the end of summer we might have a bigger lawn.. yeah! more grass to mow!!  :clap:

I got all excited this morning when I saw the road kill in front of the house... I thought it was "Momma Kitty" (a stray cat that keeps having kittens at our house and tears the garbage apart all the time)... but it was only a bunny  :P oh well... I can hope......

Pooley.. since Topher can't read  ::)... did you need an email or house address?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher cant read ??????? pooleys sending ticking gifts in the mail  :o we gotta send frankie up to off a cat  ;)....and another women almost kills her man with gardening chores....wow this is wayyyyy different chat then in jan.  ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oooh well i'm off to home cheapo.....this women i'm working for needs a different shade of white paint.... ::) ::) ::) ::)....these folks are killing me... ::) ::) ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
a bad joke gone wrong! ::)

anyway, i wish people would offer me hostas i want! never so lucky. 500 varieties out there, and i get offered the ones i don't want! actually, i like to be offered perennials i want, not the one i have! :laugh:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hard to have 'um here where i live...the damn deer herd eats everything no matter what ya do...we gotta shoot more does around here...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

I got all excited this morning when I saw the road kill in front of the house... I thought it was "Momma Kitty" (a stray cat that keeps having kittens at our house and tears the garbage apart all the time)... but it was only a bunny  :P oh well... I can hope......

that rabbits guts and fecal matter were all over the side of the danger ranger this morning... :sick: :sick: :pinch:

pooley, you and the guys are more than welcome to come and share the bottle...if there's any left for the Big D trip, I'll bring it down ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we gotta figure out a date that works for all ....for the float & fish..... ;D

• IceShanty Rookie
Sorry, Pooley, I didn't get the joke... my bad... but I'll give ya directions, you and Topher can have it... that's got a nasty taste... and I drink JD straight! Although... after a few shots... just about everything tastes good.

hehe sorry about the bunny guts, Toph, but you have to admit that is funny as hell  :roflmao: :clap: :roflmao: :clap:

Any of y'all can come have a hosta diggin' up party... BRING THE BACKHOE... I'm trying to get rid of them. But don't get too excited about variety.. they are just the average plain green hosta type. I've been digging clumps out and putting them by the road with a free sign for the last 5 years since I bought the place.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i still have some brandy. i'll bring that too! :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.