New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ICE: Indian Lake, Hamilton County NY?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline bioguide

• IceShanty Rookie
ICE: Indian Lake, Hamilton County NY?
« on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Hello, does anyone know how early ice begins to form on Indian Lake, NY?

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: Early ice formation; Indian Lake, NY
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2011, 07:59 PM »
Welcome to the shanty. I do not have any info on Indian lake But check the New York conditions and reports section... You need a few more posts to view that section though.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Welcome to iceshanty what Indian lake you talking about and make a few more post and a lot more options will open up  :tipup:
Just enjoying life

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:42 PM »
welcome aboard. I dont know about  indian lake but i know i was fishing western ny 2nd week of december last year. got deer to kill when shotgun opens,so icefishing is on the back burner for now.

Offline plowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2011, 05:34 AM »
welcome to the shanty. you'll enjoy this site. keep posting and you'll get all the information you'll need.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2011, 01:34 PM »

.          Welcome to IS. If your talking about Indian Lake in Hamilton Co., it could freeze early Dec.

Offline bioguide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:24 AM »
QUESTION:
I'm planning a winter camping trip to Indian Lake, in Hamilton County NY next weekend (Jan 14, 2012) but need to make sure the lake is frozen. This winter has been bizarr to say the least and I normally wouldn't ask such a question at this time of year but does anyone know for sure that Indian Lake, Hamilton County, NY is safe for walking/hiking/fishing on at this moment?

We did end up camping/hunting (Guideboat and kayak) over Thanksgiving on Indian Lake. Here are some pics of the trip: https://picasaweb.google.com/110760001710904060119/Thanksgiving2011IndianLakeNY?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKqYwr3_mu2fQQ&feat=directlink

Cheers,

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2012, 12:02 PM »
QUESTION:
I'm planning a winter camping trip to Indian Lake, in Hamilton County NY next weekend (Jan 14, 2012) but need to make sure the lake is frozen. This winter has been bizarr to say the least and I normally wouldn't ask such a question at this time of year but does anyone know for sure that Indian Lake, Hamilton County, NY is safe for walking/hiking/fishing on at this moment?

We did end up camping/hunting (Guideboat and kayak) over Thanksgiving on Indian Lake. Here are some pics of the trip: https://picasaweb.google.com/110760001710904060119/Thanksgiving2011IndianLakeNY?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKqYwr3_mu2fQQ&feat=directlink

Cheers,
very awesome pictures and heck of a trip. Is that a bagel stuck to the side of the oven with spam frying.  ;D

Offline bioguide

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ICE: Indian Lake, Hamilton County NY?
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Yes, a bagel toasting on the side of the stove; you butter it first then apply to the hot stove it falls off once toasted!. I heard it's called army toast...mm good.

Anyways, I'm still wondering if Indian Lake is frozen yet?

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2012, 02:07 PM »
Yes, a bagel toasting on the side of the stove; you butter it first then apply to the hot stove it falls off once toasted!. I heard it's called army toast...mm good.

Anyways, I'm still wondering if Indian Lake is frozen yet?
Indian lake, the south end was frozen up to the last campsites along rt. 30 last week when I was up there. Reports are that the northend is still open and the middle is iffy. I'm not sure how it's faired with the cold weather, if she's all locked up yet.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2012, 02:55 PM »
The north end of Indian Lake froze over Tuesday night.  There were cold nights below zero.  I fished a smaller lake today, only 6 inches, so I would say Indian is not safe yet.  I fish Indian every year, and I won;t go until we have some sustained cold weather.  There is also3 inches of snow on it, not helping ice making.

Offline hardwaterB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2012, 03:27 PM »
QUESTION:

Cheers,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           nice pics. no deer tho?                                               

Offline bioguide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Thanks for the information Wec and Fish-N-Adventures.

Cheers,

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:39 AM »
hey thanks for posting the pic of your trip it looked like a good time. it's good to see the young people having a good time without a damn electronic device in there hands. thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.