Author Topic: Antero is NOT the Best Trout Fishery  (Read 4414 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Antero is NOT the Best Trout Fishery
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2019, 08:35 PM »
No but I'm thinking next week? Weather permitting!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Yeah next week who knows if the wind will slow.
But I can go if it does. Sat looks good besides some snow. I think im gonna go no matter if I'm bymyself

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2019, 07:51 AM »
MrCro been fishing 11 mile for 35 years not to many places  I haven't drilled a hole on that lake. I like 11 Mile always have , lake is fishing good right now. Few years ago it was tuff fishing . Back in the good old days before the internet made everyone aware of early ice  we had the lake to ourselves 2-3 weeks. Pretty much every time our group which was for the most part me and Slayer would get a 6-9 lbs trout. I just don't think those days will be coming back . Cro Im always open to learn new things but something tells me it would be the other way around who shows who what when it comes to South Park Slimers lol. Hope to see you on the ice this year exchange some info and lies with you. Heck if you like beer and 420 I bet I could talk Slayer into letting you tag along.
on that note, I offer no value lol. I thought maybe you didn’t spend much time on that lake. I could learn way more from you. :D
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Crazy Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2019, 05:24 PM »
You never know those pink tubes treated you right
I’m sure it would be a good time regardless who Shows who what lol

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 12, 2019, 07:06 PM »
You never know those pink tubes treated you right
I’m sure it would be a good time regardless who Shows who what lol
Indeed, I generally think what crappie like so do trout.

Offline alexjo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2019, 07:27 PM »
i have some spots on this lake that I will never film my videos on them, it’s just too good. I would say if people were not too lazy and walked half a mile you can find 6-8lb fish. Overall I think there are bigger fish here then Antero because Of the diverse food supply just harder to find and catch. I want that elusive tiger Muskie from the A-hole lol
I lucked into a Tiger Muskie at Antero today. Healthy looking, 22”-23”. Totally caught me by surprise as I had no idea they were in there.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2019, 08:00 PM »
DrCro and all,
I heartily agree with the assessment of large fish in the mile. Walked out “way far”, and tied into something that snapped my 6# flouro AND my rod tip like it was nothing! Had I not had a good hold of the rod, it might have gone into the icy depths below! I can’t remember ever having a strike so violent and hard! I guess what I’m saying is the “monsters” are in there...you just have to work a little to find em! Gotta love the mile!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2019, 08:08 PM »
DrCro and all,
I heartily agree with the assessment of large fish in the mile. Walked out “way far”, and tied into something that snapped my 6# flouro AND my rod tip like it was nothing! Had I not had a good hold of the rod, it might have gone into the icy depths below! I can’t remember ever having a strike so violent and hard! I guess what I’m saying is the “monsters” are in there...you just have to work a little to find em! Gotta love the mile!
Pike, is my guess!   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2019, 08:19 PM »
Could be...1/16oz. Tungsten with a waxie. Might have been a good trout as well. Nice fish whatever it was! 😂
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:56 PM »
I lucked into a Tiger Muskie at Antero today. Healthy looking, 22”-23”. Totally caught me by surprise as I had no idea they were in there.
Nice job getting into one!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:57 PM »
I learned some interesting information how to find some brown trout in the lake.  Will take an attempt at it next weekend. I am pretty excited. Nothing beats lake brown trout for me.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2019, 10:07 PM »
Pike, is my guess!   ;D

I was thinking that too. You know it's a pike when you set the hook, feel the weight, then its gone just like that. Trout will at least give ya a good head shake or run, before they break your heart  ;)

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 16, 2019, 05:22 PM »
I was thinking that too. You know it's a pike when you set the hook, feel the weight, then its gone just like that. Trout will at least give ya a good head shake or run, before they break your heart  ;)
My first trip out to the mile this ice season was a heartbreaker for at least the first 5 fish that got off and one broke me off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.